07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    for anyone having wifi tether issues the wireless tether for root users works

00_wrath_00 and lilrob1213 like this.
    02-25-2012 01:13 PM
    Just curious, are all the Gapps the ICS versions? And is the gmail working?

Yeah, I got the whole usual "x new messages" notification of all my old emails a while after flashing without asking it to or anything else.
    02-25-2012 01:13 PM
    Just curious, are all the Gapps the ICS versions? And is the gmail working?
    I had no problem using Gmail with the default Quattrimus version of gapps, but my calendar did not work. I flashed a good version of ICS gapps and my calendar started working again.
    02-25-2012 01:22 PM
    MMS is working for you? I see you are rocking aospCMod. Are you using the xionia recovery?
    Im using alpha 6 with is cream kernal
    02-25-2012 02:40 PM
    I gotta say, I freeking love ice cream sandwich but no matter what I do I can not get 3g to work but I can get most of everything else to work over wifi (gmail, sync, browser,etc), I wanna thank all the devs for their hard work. Yall are awesome.

Sent by smoke signals
    02-25-2012 03:04 PM
    oh wells i can wait on that but mostly everything werk cept the recieving picture text camera an youtube other than than im good unless theres somthing else i should know
    02-25-2012 03:35 PM
    For your 3G Problem, Try turning on AirPlane mode and switch it back off but when i use wifi then take it off sometimes the 3g gives out so i turn on A.P and it works again. If it still doesnt work, turn off wifi and reboot.
    02-25-2012 05:29 PM
    And don't expect to update.
    Has development been stopped? Did I miss something?
    02-25-2012 06:15 PM
    No if anything, development will increase on ics now that it's been accomplished.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-25-2012 06:30 PM
    Can confirm the MMS fix works for ICS on the OV!

Changes for building posted in the appropriate thread.

@tdm: used your hack, thanks.
    My mms works 100% on alpha6
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-25-2012 06:36 PM
    My mms works 100% on alpha6
    Lucky my won't lol :/
    02-25-2012 06:42 PM
    Has development been stopped? Did I miss something?
    No, but people keep wanting to just update the previous install, which isn't even a good idea when a rom is fully tested. Doing it while a rom is still alpha is asking for problems and just plain stupid.

If you can't be bothered to do a full wipe (which probably means you probably didn't backup either), you probably shouldn't be doing alpha testing. It's an alpha because it means it's not stable. Not doing all you can to make sure it runs right, and not making backups is a recipe for lost data.
    02-25-2012 07:00 PM
    Just installed it, works very smooth. Though I do have some issues, along with the ones already mentioned, like the wallpaper not scrolling and not receiving a 3G signal. It also seems to freeze in "Developer Options".

Does anyone on here know if there's a way to install the Chrome app on the Opt V? I originally thought it couldn't be installed because opt V didn't have ICS's kernel but the market says that the device was not supported.
    02-25-2012 07:11 PM
    Just installed it, works very smooth. Though I do have some issues, along with the ones already mentioned, like the wallpaper not scrolling and not receiving a 3G signal. It also seems to freeze in "Developer Options".

Does anyone on here know if there's a way to install the Chrome app on the Opt V? I originally thought it couldn't be installed because opt V didn't have ICS's kernel but the market says that the device was not supported.

There is a fix for it on this page also a download link to the older version that supposedly works without any changes neccessary.

How to make Chrome Beta works for CM9 - RootzWiki
    10069618 likes this.
    02-25-2012 07:25 PM
    There is a fix for it on this page also a download link to the older version that supposedly works without any changes neccessary.

How to make Chrome Beta works for CM9 - RootzWiki
    Thanks!
    02-25-2012 07:30 PM
    The wallpaper not scrolling is a bug in Trebuchet, not the ROM. You can use most other launchers and they will work perfectly, scrolling included. A lot of people like Launcher Pro, I like Balancer. YMMV.
    02-25-2012 08:25 PM
    When i tryed installing the chrome beta i got "unsuccessful" :o
    02-25-2012 08:39 PM
    I noticed the EQ in PowerAmp doesn't work. Player runs fine until you try to access the EQ, then it becomes non responsive.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    Has PowerAmp been upgraded to be compatible with ICS?

For all apps that have issues, please check the market info and/or developer's website to determine if the app has been listed as compatible with ICS.

Apps that do not state they are compatible with ICS may still be, and may not need any changes. But many will need changes. So if you don't see info anywhere indicating they are ICS compatible, please file a bug report with the developer of the app, not with the ROM devs here (we can't change apps).
    02-25-2012 08:46 PM
    For people wondering about chrome beta not working, it is only supposed to work on armv7 devices, and it needs hardware acceleration to be enabled. We don't have either of those as far as I'm aware, so don't expect miracles.
    banmj, zeffyp and Badboytoast like this.
    02-25-2012 09:04 PM
    Has PowerAmp been upgraded to be compatible with ICS?

For all apps that have issues, please check the market info and/or developer's website to determine if the app has been listed as compatible with ICS.

Apps that do not state they are compatible with ICS may still be, and may not need any changes. But many will need changes. So if you don't see info anywhere indicating they are ICS compatible, please file a bug report with the developer of the app, not with the ROM devs here (we can't change apps).
    Do you think this explains why navigation doesn't work?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-25-2012 09:28 PM
    Do you think this explains why navigation doesn't work?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    No, I think the navigation issue has something to to with TTS, but I'm not certain atm.

If you have a moment, run a logcat and post it to pastebin.com, then post the link here.

--Open terminal
    --Type the following:
    Code:
    su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
    --Press your home key to get out of terminal (not the back key, nor exit)
    --Open Navigation and do what you normally do that causes a force close
    --Re-open terminal (it should be in the status bar)
    --Press the menu key to bring up the keyboard
    --Hold the volume_down key and press the letter 'c' (this is cntrl+c)
    --Open the logcat.txt file you just created on your sdcard
    --Copy the contents to pastebin.com
    --Post the pastebin url here

Thanks!
    02-25-2012 11:23 PM
    @Jerry thanks just made my first logcat. very easy instructions
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-26-2012 12:51 AM
    No, I think the navigation issue has something to to with TTS, but I'm not certain atm.

If you have a moment, run a logcat and post it to pastebin.com, then post the link here.

--Open terminal
    --Type the following:
    Code:
    su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
    --Press your home key to get out of terminal (not the back key, nor exit)
    --Open Navigation and do what you normally do that causes a force close
    --Re-open terminal (it should be in the status bar)
    --Press the menu key to bring up the keyboard
    --Hold the volume_down key and press the letter 'c' (this is cntrl+c)
    --Open the logcat.txt file you just created on your sdcard
    --Copy the contents to pastebin.com
    --Post the pastebin url here

Thanks!
    file:///E:/logcat.txt

Here you are, I think. Hope this helps.
    02-26-2012 03:10 AM
    I think Im just gonna stick with the 2.3 on this phone. There is only so much this phone is capable of due to the processor speed ram available and the on board memory. Good luck!
    02-26-2012 03:21 AM
    file:///E:/logcat.txt

Here you are, I think. Hope this helps.
    heh no you need to upload the file to pastebin or edit out your personal info and use the code tags here.

@Jerry and other devs. There is a couple market apps that will autolog so people can run the phone and IIRC it will only start logging when its triggered by setting you input.

https://market.android.com/details?i...ctions.logthis

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat

https://market.android.com/details?i...ev.test.logcat

Those what the devs in the SGS4G forums recommended recently.
    It just makes getting logs eaiser.
    02-26-2012 04:53 AM
8,044 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD