07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 299300301302303 ...
tools
    Cant wait for AOKP to work on my optimus s! Loving every minute of cm9 either way!
    06-27-2012 12:11 AM
    Here's a taste of the themes I was talking about:
    This is a dirty rough build but just a hint of what's to come for my cm9 themes now that I figure out the missing code and files for the bars and drop.

inceyet, Badboytoast and Ryuk6666 like this.
    06-27-2012 12:13 AM
    Oh :facepalm: :banghead:
    Yea, I was talking about just the Q itself.
    I unpacked everything. I took a look just out of curiosity to see how many frames the cm boot animation was I was surprised at how long it was.
    I got 10 frames made, looks OK. Its just taking longer since I've never built anything before to figure out.
    The boot.img has to be done within Linux as far as I can tell since windows breaks it, so I broke down an installed a vm.
    But my next issue is how it runs. I've read conflicting articles about it. One states its within the ramdisk called initlogo.rle and its a static image?
    I've found programs that will create a flashable single image, but I'm not sure how to assign multiple images to it as it doesn't run like a bootanimation does. Any pointers?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-27-2012 12:18 AM
    Yea, I was talking about just the Q itself.
    I unpacked everything. I took a look just out of curiosity to see how many frames the cm boot animation was I was surprised at how long it was.
    I got 10 frames made, looks OK. Its just taking longer since I've never built anything before to figure out.
    The boot.img has to be done within Linux as far as I can tell since windows breaks it, so I broke down an installed a vm.
    But my next issue is how it runs. I've read conflicting articles about it. One states its within the ramdisk called initlogo.rle and its a static image?
    I've found programs that will create a flashable single image, but I'm not sure how to assign multiple images to it as it doesn't run like a bootanimation does. Any pointers?

/sbin/bootlogo does the boot logo. It uses a series of images in rle format. Different vendors use different file name formats and number of images. I'm using one from the p500 that takes 8. But it's trivial to write a custom bootlogo to take more. You should be able to find rle converters, use google.
    cbucz24 likes this.
    06-27-2012 12:27 AM
    @tdm i noticed you recieved my pull request, but you need this also, you dont have a fork so im assuming you did it locally:

for this to work you need to make these changes in
    system/external/kernel-headers/original/linux/

if_pppopns.h
    https://github.com/Blackhive/android...751ba90bf829a9
    if_pppolac.h
    https://github.com/Blackhive/android...2be3c423c39547
    06-27-2012 12:36 AM
    Firing up the nightly builds on the new build machine. Check my goo.im account for results. File names include the date now. No deltas yet, I'm still working on romkeeper backend.
    Could you post a link please to your goo.I'm account thanks and you do deserve a vacation for all your hard work

tdm likes this.
    06-27-2012 01:52 AM
    Could you post a link please to your goo.I'm account thanks and you do deserve a vacation for all your hard work

http://goo.im/devs/tdm
    06-27-2012 02:30 AM
    Bizarro is up and ready http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1892632
    Now that I've got cm9 theme figured out and this rom is so awesome I have no reason to go back to cm7.
    06-27-2012 03:04 AM
    Bad brains rocks
    sj2699 and benslgdroid like this.
    06-27-2012 03:56 AM
    I have had my Optimus V and other Android devices for quite a while now, but I am just getting into rooting and flashing roms and have become addicted to it. So far this is the best rom I have flashed and it works perfectly. I've tried other roms but I keep going back to this one. I can't put my phone down now! Great job!
    joerivera17, tdm and Badboytoast like this.
    06-27-2012 06:58 AM
    @tdm i noticed you recieved my pull request, but you need this also, you dont have a fork so im assuming you did it locally:

for this to work you need to make these changes in
    system/external/kernel-headers/original/linux/

if_pppopns.h
    https://github.com/Blackhive/android...751ba90bf829a9
    if_pppolac.h
    https://github.com/Blackhive/android...2be3c423c39547
    Uhmm, instead of changing both the kernel and the external headers package to match bionic, why don't we change bionic to match reality?
    sblood86 likes this.
    06-27-2012 09:00 AM
    Hey TDM, when do you plan on having a Jelly Bean alpha ready? Shouldn't be long since they're announcing it today right?
    06-27-2012 09:48 AM
    Uhmm, instead of changing both the kernel and the external headers package to match bionic, why don't we change bionic to match reality?
    whatever floats your boat ^.^ i already did it my way since it was the first way i knew how, but either way changes have to be made to the headers
    06-27-2012 09:52 AM
    Greetings,

First of all, I want to say THANKS to all of the people who put so much work into these roms. I flashed Quattrimus last night, it is awesome.

Video playback seems to be glitchy on my LG Optimus V (VM670). Sometimes it stutters and lags, which it didn't do in Gingerbread or Froyo.

Overall, excellent rom. Thank you for all do in the after-market community--can't wait for Jellybean! ;-)

Thanks,
    ZettaGeek

[EDIT: Are any of ya'll on IRC or Jabber?]
    tdm likes this.
    06-27-2012 10:27 AM
    whatever floats your boat ^.^ i already did it my way since it was the first way i knew how, but either way changes have to be made to the headers
    The new CM9 way is to actually package kernels with the system:

Integrated kernel building - CyanogenMod Wiki

That may be able to help prevent any issues similar in the future.
    tcrider84 likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:42 AM
    I noticed on goo.im that there is a cm9 nightly that was released today. Mind explaining the fixes or changelog? If it's not too much trouble.
    06-27-2012 12:26 PM
    Okay I see what's going on. GingerKernel is apparently old and doesn't have PX_PROTO_PPTP defined, which throws all the rest of the macros off by one. The "real" ICS kernel has it and so does Linus' upstream (for two years now!)

So I'm looking at external/kernel-headers in the build tree and, of course, it has the ICS headers. It appears that your changes against this repo are applied on the gingerbread branch, so they don't apply to cm9.

So I'm guessing that all should be fixed now. Please verify with the latest nightly (love saying that!)

Thanks!
    06-27-2012 12:49 PM
    I noticed on goo.im that there is a cm9 nightly that was released today. Mind explaining the fixes or changelog? If it's not too much trouble.
    No changelogs with nightlies. If you are interested, go look at github.com/thunderc.
    06-27-2012 12:50 PM
    So if I download from goo.im (doesn't show up on RomKeeper), do I simply go into recovery and flash it on my already existing cm9 b1p3?
    06-27-2012 12:52 PM
    So if I download from goo.im (doesn't show up on RomKeeper), do I simply go into recovery and flash it on my already existing cm9 b1p3?
    Yes, and it works fine. I have been running it for hours, playing with it to find what changed besides lock screen icon size.
    YoshinJaa likes this.
    06-27-2012 12:58 PM
    thekraven found the speakerphone fix from the p500 repo. Someone please test this to see if it works, and that it doesn't mess up any other audio stuff.

Thanks!
    06-27-2012 01:56 PM
    Okay I see what's going on. GingerKernel is apparently old and doesn't have PX_PROTO_PPTP defined, which throws all the rest of the macros off by one. The "real" ICS kernel has it and so does Linus' upstream (for two years now!)

So I'm looking at external/kernel-headers in the build tree and, of course, it has the ICS headers. It appears that your changes against this repo are applied on the gingerbread branch, so they don't apply to cm9.

So I'm guessing that all should be fixed now. Please verify with the latest nightly (love saying that!)

Thanks!
    yes i made the changes to the gingerbread branch because I assumed we were using a gingerbread kernel and there would be less conflicts, unless your kernel has been mostly updated with ics updates then idk. ;p
    06-27-2012 01:59 PM
    thekraven found the speakerphone fix from the p500 repo. Someone please test this to see if it works, and that it doesn't mess up any other audio stuff.

Thanks!
    downloading now.
    06-27-2012 01:59 PM
    yes i made the changes to the gingerbread branch because I assumed we were using a gingerbread kernel and there would be less conflicts, unless your kernel has been mostly updated with ics updates then idk. ;p
    We aren't using the gingerbread branch for the main build tree -- we can't, it would cause tremendous issues.

Did you test the nightly? Does it work? The speakerphone zip also has the changes, so you can grab that one if you like.
    06-27-2012 02:03 PM
    about to backup and flash. by speakerphone you mean on the phone right?
    06-27-2012 02:14 PM
8,044 ... 299300301302303 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD