07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 301302303304305 ...
tools
    Sounds to me like you should try to re-wipe everything (boot, system, data, cache) and flash again.

Also, @tdm, doing a nand backup now and will test the speakerphone3 fix soon. Here's to hoping that it does the trick.

Edit: Apparently you have to be on COT1.2 recovery (I was on 1.0.x). After that, it flashed fine, and speakerphone works great. Well, apart from my phone claiming it's on Virgin Mobile and the home/menu buttons being swapped. Totally minor things. Looks like the speakerphone3.zip does as advertised.
    I'm using drew's touch 5.0.2.7 and can flash em all
    06-27-2012 07:04 PM
    What would be smoothest govener I'm using smartassV2

I don't care who u are this is an awesome song
    06-27-2012 07:49 PM
    06-27-2012 07:52 PM
    What would be smoothest govener I'm using smartassV2

I use smartassV2 and I'm a fan, on stock speeds (600/245ish), plenty of snappiness, good battery life (as long as I don't use it constantly). Smartass governor ramps up the speed pretty quickly, so it should be good for you. Performance will lock it at full clock speed, so that could give you even smoother experience, but at the cost of battery life. Your choice. There's a nice thread on xda somewhere explaining all of them.
    06-27-2012 08:00 PM
    I can't believe we aren't even full beta yet and people are asking for jellybean, geeeeeeezzzzzzz
    06-27-2012 08:02 PM
    I can't believe we aren't even full beta yet and people are asking for jellybean, geeeeeeezzzzzzz
    Lol I know a dev who's waiting for actual source to build
    I say no more

sellers86 likes this.
    06-27-2012 08:07 PM
    I use smartassV2 and I'm a fan, on stock speeds (600/245ish), plenty of snappiness, good battery life (as long as I don't use it constantly). Smartass governor ramps up the speed pretty quickly, so it should be good for you. Performance will lock it at full clock speed, so that could give you even smoother experience, but at the cost of battery life. Your choice. There's a nice thread on xda somewhere explaining all of them.
    Kool dude thx

06-27-2012 08:07 PM
    Oh, for those of you on Sprint who want to try the speakerphone3.zip patch, I just changed the home/menu buttons and made it say Sprint instead of Virgin Mobile. Probably not the most efficient way, but it was quick and I didn't feel like digging into any files.

Just "adb pull" these files and make backups on your computer:
    /system/usr/keylayout (the whole folder)
    /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    /system/build.prop

Then remove them and push replacements from the latest previous build (beta1pre3). I did this all in recovery, and also restored boot.img (probably totally unnecessary, but it was quick). The whole process was maybe 5 min tops including boot time. There's probably a better way to do this, but it's quick/easy.
    06-27-2012 08:28 PM
    Speaker phone patch worked great on my ov thank you very much tdm
    tdm likes this.
    06-27-2012 08:55 PM
    Hey tdm, how is that 3.0 kernel looking?
    06-27-2012 09:03 PM
    Oh, for those of you on Sprint who want to try the speakerphone3.zip patch, I just changed the home/menu buttons and made it say Sprint instead of Virgin Mobile. Probably not the most efficient way, but it was quick and I didn't feel like digging into any files.

Just "adb pull" these files and make backups on your computer:
    /system/usr/keylayout (the whole folder)
    /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    /system/build.prop

Then remove them and push replacements from the latest previous build (beta1pre3). I did this all in recovery, and also restored boot.img (probably totally unnecessary, but it was quick). The whole process was maybe 5 min tops including boot time. There's probably a better way to do this, but it's quick/easy.
    Just wait for the nightly tomorrow morning, it'll be there.
    06-27-2012 09:05 PM
    Off subject from the thread kinda. But, I'm starting to port 4.1 to the optimus. So it'll be here soon for everyone. Probably super buggy but we'll get a general idea and I can fix it up and get rid of some kinks along the way.
    EDIT: Its an alpha sdk version too. So its going to be REALLY buggy.
    06-27-2012 09:12 PM
    Off subject from the thread kinda. But, I'm starting to port 4.1 to the optimus. So it'll be here soon for everyone. Probably super buggy but we'll get a general idea and I can fix it up and get rid of some kinks along the way.
    EDIT: Its an alpha sdk version too. So its going to be REALLY buggy.
    Kool know another dev who's gonna port it too

06-27-2012 09:36 PM
    enough talk about 4.1 guys its spamming the thread. im sure when the source is released, all devs will work on it. and that sdk port will be practically unusable, dont even waste your time on it.
    06-27-2012 09:44 PM
    Hey tdm, how is that 3.0 kernel looking?
    Yes, how is it looking

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-27-2012 10:04 PM
    Yes, how is it looking

Stalled. It's low priority.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    06-27-2012 10:11 PM
    Hey just wanted to say that the nightly build is great! Tested it today! Now cant wait for aokp!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm likes this.
    06-27-2012 10:17 PM
    How close is aokp

06-27-2012 10:21 PM
    How close is aokp

I'll be working on it next week. Since I don't know exactly what the problem is, I can't say how long it will take to fix.
    twigge and cole2kb like this.
    06-27-2012 10:23 PM
    not trying to sound mean or anything, but stop asking about how close fixes are. its basically asking for etas.
    Teh_Gaberz, mlson, kcls and 4 others like this.
    06-27-2012 10:25 PM
    The best recovery would be Drew Walton's Cannibal recovery. http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...24-2012-a.html

This ROM is very updated, it gets updates regularly every two weeks or so. I've been here since alpha 6 and only once has it taken around a month for an update. Everything works, except for watching video in stock gallery. But stability, I'm not so sure, I switched to the MTriumph (very bad mistake), and I'm not using the V anymore much. So ask someone else about how stable this ROM is or isn't. I wish we had a dev like TDM in the Triumph realm so we could get camera working.
    Anyways. This is a good ROM, but if you want completeness, i'd say CM7 is still your best option till this goes beta or final.
    Can confirm that the Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 is really sweet.
    06-27-2012 10:38 PM
    not trying to sound mean or anything, but stop asking about how close fixes are. its basically asking for etas.
    And we all know what dies when you ask for etas....I'm calling PETA on y'all.

06-27-2012 10:45 PM
    And we all know what dies when you ask for etas....I'm calling PETA on y'all.

Ohh the agggg-ooooo-nyyyyy!!!
    06-27-2012 11:11 PM
    Sorry ill stop I'm just so excited for ics, its just that haveing no hotspot is a dealbreaker for me and having to flash back to IHO which not to mention is freezing is some what frustrating, but I do appreciate all that your doing for us tdm

sellers86 likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:11 PM
    Just installed Quattrimus CM9 and am thus enjoying ICS for the first time. It's great.

However, I am getting random crashes and restarts every hour or two. I'm trying to figure out when the restarts happen, and the best I can guess is that they happen when CPU usage is suddenly increased after having been low -- just a wild guess. So I put it on another CPU governor, and let's see if that fixes things.

I also am disappointed with the Apollo music player, but that's another story.

Keep up the good work!
    06-28-2012 12:13 AM
8,044 ... 301302303304305 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD