07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 303304305306307 ...
tools
    A bug I found that others may have overlooked, if you unmount SD card, take it out and put it back in, the phone goes extremely unstable to where you have to pull battery. Running beta1pre3 CM9.

Sent from VM670 on MetroPCS
    That is one of the few drawbacks to using sdext.
    06-28-2012 01:07 PM
    That is one of the few drawbacks to using sdext.
    Ohhh, I knew it had something to do with sdext...I just didn't know that was a known bug for it...
    06-28-2012 01:17 PM
    Ohhh, I knew it had something to do with sdext...I just didn't know that was a known bug for it...
    Not really a bug. It's just trying to load data from an sd card that isn't there. That tends to confuse phones.
    06-28-2012 01:19 PM
    tdm, did you make any headway on why over-clocking is causing system freezes and force-reboots?
    06-28-2012 01:21 PM
    I've been having a problem with YouTube, which is that after 3 videos the phone freezes and force-reboots. can you help with this. I really like videos
    06-28-2012 01:29 PM
    tdm, did you make any headway on why over-clocking is causing system freezes and force-reboots?
    Not really. I can't reproduce it, my OVs act fine...
    06-28-2012 01:29 PM
    If I start sending you Logcats and kernel logs, would you look at them?

Also if you would, where could I post them?
    06-28-2012 01:35 PM
    No romkeeper isn't updating for the nightly builds yet. I have some more work to do for that.
    Ummm, how do we get the nightly update if ROMKeeper doesn't have them?
    Thanks for all your great work!
    06-28-2012 01:39 PM
    I spoke too soon. While I've gotten many of my apps installed (or restored using Titanium), I am having problems with some like:

Espier Launcher, QR Droid, Car Home, Swype Beta, Llama

I've tried installing some of these from the Play Store as well as from Titanium and I get an error on install 'Application not installed' or 'Invalid Package' when downloading from Play. Car Home shows up as incompatible with my phone from the PC side Play Store.

Is this normal behavior for this rom or am I doing something wrong?
    06-28-2012 01:40 PM
    Ummm, how do we get the nightly update if ROMKeeper doesn't have them?
    Thanks for all your great work!
    goo.im > devs > tdm > roms > Vm670

Select nightly
    yolodie likes this.
    06-28-2012 01:40 PM
    I tried doing this and now my phone is stuck on the Cyanogen mod 9 screen. I cannot seem to boot into recovery mode either.

Any thoughts? My current plan is to get an SDCard reader and wipe out the Quattrimus file, then try to reboot. Does this sound reasonable? I checked the MD5 checksum for the downloaded quattrimus file, so it does not appear to be the result of file corruption.

Any thoughts? All ideas are welcome.
    06-28-2012 01:42 PM
    Did you clear your caches? Also, did you do a complete format of system & Data? This usually happens if you don't clear out the cache from the previous system. Wiping the file from the SD card won't help you. You should also be able to get into recovery using the combination keys still. What phone are you using? Optimus V, S?
    06-28-2012 01:47 PM
    EDIT: Shoulda googled. Thanks to Riddlez below.
    06-28-2012 01:55 PM
    I've kind of looked through replies (not alot) and didn't see this mentioned. My voice search/voice input doesn't work at all. It will pop up, stay for a few seconds, then close out and pop back up in a second, and continue to do this until I hit cancel. Any ideas?
    06-28-2012 01:55 PM
    How does one get these nightlies? I've installed Romkeeper and can use it to download the latest beta1pre3. I can flash this from recovery (though not from within Romkeeper. When I hit install from within romkeeper, nothing happens). However, I can't find any evidence of nightly releases.
    This has been covered many times.. and if you do a quick google, for example: goo TDM nightlies. you find it. Also, TDM is working on getting RomKeeper to show nightlies.
    xaphoo likes this.
    06-28-2012 01:57 PM
    is anyone else having battery life issues?
    06-28-2012 02:01 PM
    is anyone else having battery life issues?
    The battery life issue may be caused by problems with the CPU NOT going into 'Deep sleep'. This is a known issue, and i do believe progress is being made.
    06-28-2012 02:10 PM
    screen seems to be sucking an unusual amount of battery, and i've been keeping it on lowest possible brightness.

anyone know what could be causing this? thanks!
    06-28-2012 02:26 PM
    I tried doing this and now my phone is stuck on the Cyanogen mod 9 screen. I cannot seem to boot into recovery mode either.

Any thoughts? My current plan is to get an SDCard reader and wipe out the Quattrimus file, then try to reboot. Does this sound reasonable? I checked the MD5 checksum for the downloaded quattrimus file, so it does not appear to be the result of file corruption.

Any thoughts? All ideas are welcome.
    Some of us, me included are having that issue with CAI and the speakerphone fix. Quattrimus boots for for me. Do a logcat from adb and see where it hangs, all of the CAI errors are past the splash and during boot animation as the OS loads.
    06-28-2012 02:28 PM
    Thanks, that's helpful.
    06-28-2012 02:28 PM
    I've kind of looked through replies (not alot) and didn't see this mentioned. My voice search/voice input doesn't work at all. It will pop up, stay for a few seconds, then close out and pop back up in a second, and continue to do this until I hit cancel. Any ideas?
    Known issue. Delete system app from ROM, download as user app from Play.
    06-28-2012 02:36 PM
    The battery life issue may be caused by problems with the CPU NOT going into 'Deep sleep'. This is a known issue, and i do believe progress is being made.
    screen seems to be sucking an unusual amount of battery, and i've been keeping it on lowest possible brightness.

anyone know what could be causing this? thanks!
    Answer directly above your question.
    06-28-2012 02:37 PM
    "Try setting your OC to 480 min, 600 max, with your governor to SmartassV2; others may work fine, but this one seems to work for a lot of people who've posted in this thread. If that cuts down your restarts, you can try more adventurous with lower or higher settings. If your phone is anything like mine, though, it will be unhappy with anything else."

I'm trying this now. How much does this hurt battery life? If it hurts it severely I'll just switch back to Harmonia 2.0 for the time being, which had been working fine for me...
    My battery life has been better with Quattrimus than it ever was with any GB Rom, though ymmv.
    06-28-2012 03:03 PM
    Do we need to download speaker phone fix ? On the latest nightly ?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-28-2012 03:13 PM
    Do we need to download speaker phone fix ? On the latest nightly ?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes.

The speaker phone fix will give you that.
    The nightlys have the fix, some CM9 syncs, and possible other things.

Take your choice.
    06-28-2012 03:15 PM
8,044 ... 303304305306307 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD