07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 308309310311312 ...
tools
    No there isn't.
    Interestingly enough, if you do a search in this thread for "jelly" (intending to produce results with both "jellybean" and "jelly bean") there are only a handful (looks like 5 to me) of people who appear to be seriously asking about a Jelly Bean ETA. On the other hand, each of those posts has multiple responses that range from helpful, to threatening.

I didn't do an exact count on the responses, but it looks like the ratio is about 3:1 (3 people saying "It's a little early for JB yet." or "SHUT UP ABOUT JB ALREADY!!1!" for every "Why doesn't our phone have JB yet, it's been out for 4 hours already!!1!").

Point being really, chill out people. The ones asking for Jelly Bean seem to be people who, for the most part, don't fully understand what goes into ROM development. In my opinion, and take that for what it's worth, as members of this forum, it's our responsibility to educate each other, so that we all have a better understanding of how these phones work. When you threaten to report these posts, all your doing is taking up more irrelevant space in this thread, and, by the way, I'm fully aware that I'm doing the same. Not to mention the fact that the next person who asks about Jelly Bean will almost certainly not have taken the time to read far enough back in the thread to see your post about reporting them. That's just how these things work.
    nitestalkr and notown like this.
    06-30-2012 12:16 AM
    Hi guys! I checked back in on this rom and am seriously enjoying it! I'm curious about something though and have searched but came up with no answers.

Sometimes when I do things a red box outlines the screen, is that something that I'll have to live with or is there a fix?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Check under the developer options in your settings...should be in there

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    anon406695 likes this.
    06-30-2012 12:18 AM
    Check under the developer options in your settings...should be in there

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Ahhh! Thank you! :o

06-30-2012 12:24 AM
    Hello everyone new to this site so much good stuff!!! I have virgin mobile lg optimus v and as far as i know its stock.... but after reading all of this stuff for the ice cream sandwich roms and tethering i would love to do this to my phone yet i have no clue how to and was wondering if anyone would care to show me??? or explain it to me??
    Austin
    06-30-2012 12:51 AM
    Anyone interested I've put up three cm9 themes that work on this rom. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1892632

I'll be adding more as well.
    06-30-2012 12:57 AM
    Wow. It feels as if Jellybean has become an instant swear word. even though it hasn't really been said much. I really enjoy this ROM. I want to thank all involved in its development. The battery life is better than the GB ROMs I have used and it seems to run as smoothly as the more polished ones too. Again, thank you.

Questions, should I flash the nightlies in order? Do I need to flash them all? Or, can I just flash the latest one? I have a feeling that I need to flash them all in order. I appreciate your time reading this. Thank you.
    06-30-2012 01:06 AM
    Are you coming from a rom other than quattrimus?

I was using MiRaGe but then flashed to this rom last night and fresh installed everything. Pretty much everything seems to work except that app.
    06-30-2012 02:42 AM
    Wow. It feels as if Jellybean has become an instant swear word. even though it hasn't really been said much. I really enjoy this ROM. I want to thank all involved in its development. The battery life is better than the GB ROMs I have used and it seems to run as smoothly as the more polished ones too. Again, thank you.

Questions, should I flash the nightlies in order? Do I need to flash them all? Or, can I just flash the latest one? I have a feeling that I need to flash them all in order. I appreciate your time reading this. Thank you.
    No. You only need to flash the latest one. All changes from previous versions will be included in the current version. If you do a totally clean wipe/install, just flash the current nightly and gapps and you're all set.
    MechaFenix likes this.
    06-30-2012 03:15 AM
    Hello everyone new to this site so much good stuff!!! I have virgin mobile lg optimus v and as far as i know its stock.... but after reading all of this stuff for the ice cream sandwich roms and tethering i would love to do this to my phone yet i have no clue how to and was wondering if anyone would care to show me??? or explain it to me??
    Austin
    Read the following first:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...tart-here.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html

And i'd suggest that you do not start with this ROM, use one of the IHO ROM's such as MiRaGe, BACKside, or Harmonia. You can perform a search for each ROM. Quattrimus is not for the faint of heart, there are still quite a few kinks that need to be worked out, it's barely entering early beta testing stages.

Follow the guides, and install one of the IHO ROMs, they are more stable, and are more user friendly. Not to mention, they are all really GREAT ROMs, with excellent enhancements.

After you have some understanding of what exactly it is that is going on here, then you can install Quattrimus. If you have any further questions, just ask, but read what I provided THOROUGHLY before asking.
    06-30-2012 04:16 AM
    I say flash whatever you like. People who flash this rom still don't understand terms of alpha/beta.

nitestalkr and kenharkey7 like this.
    06-30-2012 04:20 AM
    is anyones YouTube choppy when you put on HQ mode? and is there an adobe flash player for this yet?
    06-30-2012 04:56 AM
    Well, I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed my time here on Quattrimus. But now, it's about time for me to move on. My LG Optimus V has gone dark, being wifi only now and I've "upgraded" to a Evo V 4G.

I'll come and visit here from time to time to see what's going on. Thank you tdm, the kraven and everyone in the community who helped to do the impossible: Put Ice Cream Sandwich on my Optimus V!
    06-30-2012 06:42 AM
    is anyones YouTube choppy when you put on HQ mode? and is there an adobe flash player for this yet?
    Read the OP. Always. :rolleyes:

Well, I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed my time here on Quattrimus. But now, it's about time for me to move on. My LG Optimus V has gone dark, being wifi only now and I've "upgraded" to a Evo V 4G.

I'll come and visit here from time to time to see what's going on. Thank you tdm, the kraven and everyone in the community who helped to do the impossible: Put Ice Cream Sandwich on my Optimus V!
    It was never impossible.

And everyone here owes a thanks to BobZ too. He was first to get it booted.

Pkt_Lnt and Revenant Ghost like this.
    06-30-2012 06:53 AM
    There is an adobe 10.3 you can find on Google that works. HQ mode on youtube doesn't work for anybody.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-30-2012 06:56 AM
    There is an adobe 10.3 you can find on Google that works. HQ mode on youtube doesn't work for anybody.

It worked in gingerbread roms, just not ICS roms, yet.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    06-30-2012 07:00 AM
    Good luck with this tdm, thanks for all your hard work. Iam moving on to the triumph.

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    06-30-2012 07:20 AM
    Early morning update flash of the 6-30 nightly. Running pretty good

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    06-30-2012 08:35 AM
    June 30 nightly causes Bluetooth to fc when turned off. 6/29 nightly seems fine in that regard. Thanks TDM for your work and concern.
    06-30-2012 10:00 AM
    Early morning update flash of the 6-30 nightly. Running pretty good

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    Nightly is not listed in Romkeeper. Why?

06-30-2012 01:47 PM
    Does rom keeper only work on ics??? It doesn't work when on iho

06-30-2012 01:55 PM
    It works on IHO occasionally.

06-30-2012 02:17 PM
    I think the choppiness of the Youtube app is due to the fact that Google upped the HQ to HD or something.
    06-30-2012 02:22 PM
    It's because we don't have the appropriate drivers, and may never get them. It's been mentioned a few times. Do some more digging in this thread, and you'll several explanations that are more detailed, and possibly more correct than mine.

06-30-2012 02:55 PM
    I think ROMkeeper is non-functional at the moment. TDM mentioned something about it a few pages back.

06-30-2012 02:57 PM
    Nightly is not listed in Romkeeper. Why?

Because @tdm stated that he was updating RomKeeper and did not included nightlies yet. It works for me on CAI, quattrimus, and CM7. tdm may have updates disabled since he is working on updates and new features for RomKeeper.

Get nightlies with the goo.im app.

He said he would work on many things beginning Monday, repeat, work on many things BEGINNING Monday (NOT FINISH on Monday, so don't pester him and say I told you ), when he returns from his mini vacation.
    06-30-2012 04:28 PM
8,044 ... 308309310311312 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD