07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 315316317318319 ...
tools
    Haven't been on this thread una while but can someone explain what is nightlies?

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
    07-02-2012 05:53 PM
    Still having charging issues (=no charging) on my VM670. Tried with the latest night builds too. Which Android/Linux processes are handling the battery charging? Which processes (or events; how?) can I look for to make sure they're up and running?
    I am having the same issue so if you find a solution please post it on here. I will do the same.
    07-02-2012 05:55 PM
    VS660 has service, 3G (with roaming enabled) and it's kicking butt. This is the best day since that shifty little sales fella manipulated me in to taking this device out of the store. So the only thing I can see that needs fixing is the obvious button issue. Other than that, I'll be spending a good amount of the evening putting this thing through every freakin' test I can.

All Hail TDM!
    tdm and Powmining like this.
    07-02-2012 05:56 PM
    ok since goo is down does anyone have the latest nightlie for vm670?
    07-02-2012 06:03 PM
    To compare dmesg output, boot your phone, plug it into a computer, and run "adb shell dmesg > dmesg.out" (or however you do that on windows).

The button mapping fix should be in the next nightly.

I suspect the button lights not working are related to the kernel. The VS660 kernel is somewhat different, and I've not pulled in any VS660 specific changes yet.

I'll be looking into 3G and the roaming indicator over the next few days.
    07-02-2012 06:13 PM
    Anybody that may need it, it makes it much easier to change menu/home
    [App] ButtonRemapper - Beta v0.2.4 (New Galaxy S version added) - xda-developers

Nevermind, I thought I could help and it turns out it doesnt work for our devices, sorry!
    07-02-2012 06:15 PM
    ok since goo is down does anyone have the latest nightlie for vm670?
    I'm looking for the vs660 nightly as well. The vmroms site only has the pre3 build on it.

My nightly zip from 6/29 is reading corrupted for some reason :/

I can just as well wait for another nightly tommorrow... the radio fix is just so exciting~
    07-02-2012 06:20 PM
    Looks like AOKP is passable. I'm going to enable AOKP nightlies and see what happens.

Also, since goo.im is apparently unstable at the moment, I'm going to be pushing nightlies to the other two mirrors as well.

vmroms.com/~vmstorage/quattrimus/
    tdm.simplydev.com/roms/quattrimus/
    Ryuk6666, dzdzjb, ramides and 3 others like this.
    07-02-2012 06:21 PM
    Looks like AOKP is passable. I'm going to enable AOKP nightlies and see what happens.

Also, since goo.im is apparently unstable at the moment, I'm going to be pushing nightlies to the other two mirrors as well.

vmroms.com/~vmstorage/quattrimus/
    tdm.simplydev.com/roms/quattrimus/
    Cant wait to try out the new aokp so stoked.

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    07-02-2012 06:30 PM
    TDM -How do I compare the two kernel dmesg output?

Andrew Nelson-- When I plug the phone in the computer nothing at all happens. It does not sense anything is even plugged into the usb port.
    It may be time for you to buy a new charger/USB cable.
    If you are still using the stock USB charging cable, they are faulty and have a very limited life span that varies from only a couple weeks, to a couple months.
    Visit your local electronics store, and pick up a new charger.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    07-02-2012 06:46 PM
    Oh, and now that aokp is building, aosp should be relatively easy to get going. I'm curious how many people really plan to use it for a daily driver.... anyone?
    07-02-2012 06:54 PM
    To compare dmesg output, boot your phone, plug it into a computer, and run "adb shell dmesg > dmesg.out" (or however you do that on windows).

The button mapping fix should be in the next nightly.

I suspect the button lights not working are related to the kernel. The VS660 kernel is somewhat different, and I've not pulled in any VS660 specific changes yet.

I'll be looking into 3G and the roaming indicator over the next few days.
    the 3g worked fine, it might be that i enabled roaming in the settings though that it worked.
    07-02-2012 06:55 PM
    Oh, and now that aokp is building, aosp should be relatively easy to get going. I'm curious how many people really plan to use it for a daily driver.... anyone?
    If wifi, google play, and data all works, I will
    07-02-2012 07:00 PM
    VS660 on rilfix2.zip

Battery

Under battery usage, it's showing Display taking up 90%. I've never seen this before on Android. Could be something to look into. It did seem to drain rather fast after flashing the zip. I went from 49% to 9% in less than an hour.

Camera

Camera crashes on attempt to use Panorama mode. Not a big deal, but a note.

Homescreen Widgets

I've been using Fancy Widgets for my clock and weather for awhile, and this seems to be the first time I haven't been able to resize and center the widget. This might be a ICS thing, not sure. Adjusted grid size to 5 and then 6, but still no centering.

Play Store

Upon the first boot, I had Play Store working for a bit, but after about 20 minutes it disappeared from the apps drawer and when I clicked the top right icon for the store, it gave me a message along the lines of "the Play Store is not available." Not verbatim. A reboot fixed this. Haven't seen it since/

Chrome

Obviously, Chrome would be awesome, but I guess it still recognizes this as an incompatible device. I was hoping ICS would be the only requirement. I guess the hardware just doesn't cut it. Anyone with an update on porting Chrome to this device would be nearly as awesome as TDM. However, I have noticed that syncing the browser is working. It's syncing my account and bookmarks with Chrome, apparently. Freaking awesome.

Button Remapper doesn't seem to give a s--- what I want it to do. Maybe I'm dumb and haven't figured it out yet.

Overall, this ROM is awesome so far. Can't wait for updates now.
    tdm likes this.
    07-02-2012 07:05 PM
    I do!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    joerivera17 likes this.
    07-02-2012 07:05 PM
    I'd like to see it. I had an AOSP ROM on my Fire that I liked, just not much experience with AOSP.
    07-02-2012 07:08 PM
    I'd like to play around with it, see what it's like. I may give it a go!

Also, changelog for 7/2 nightly says "no changes"....do nightlies get pushed everyday even if no changes? In other words I don't really need to flash this one do I?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    07-02-2012 07:14 PM
    VS660 on rilfix2.zip

Chrome

Obviously, Chrome would be awesome, but I guess it still recognizes this as an incompatible device. I was hoping ICS would be the only requirement. I guess the hardware just doesn't cut it. Anyone with an update on porting Chrome to this device would be nearly as awesome as TDM. However, I have noticed that syncing the browser is working. It's syncing my account and bookmarks with Chrome, apparently. Freaking awesome.
    That's because Chrome only works on Armv7 processors- since our phone's are Armv6, it won't work
    lesheifner likes this.
    07-02-2012 07:23 PM
    Can someone who has posted themes on this thread PM me? I have a question about inverted apps but I don't want to clog tdm's thread....thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    07-02-2012 07:24 PM
    That's because Chrome only works on Armv7 processors- since our phone's are Armv6, it won't work
    Temple Run was originally only armv7, xda ported it to work on armv6...somehow..same thing with flash player....
    07-02-2012 07:24 PM
    Temple Run was originally only armv7, xda ported it to work on armv6...somehow..same thing with flash player....
    I know. Last I looked, a couple weeks ago, everywhere I looked for a cracked Chrome for armv6, it said it wasn't possible. If you happen to find one, let us know!
    07-02-2012 07:28 PM
    There is a Firefox that works though!
    07-02-2012 07:31 PM
    There is a Firefox that works though!
    Provide link??
    And please tell me its not the nightly beta port.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    07-02-2012 07:37 PM
    I'm down to try aokp again.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-02-2012 07:41 PM
    I've been wanting some unicorn on my optimus

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-2012 07:43 PM
8,044 ... 315316317318319 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD