07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 316317318319320 ...
tools
    goo is up but guess some of their servers are down still
    07-02-2012 08:46 PM
    VS660 on rilfix2.zip

Button Remapper doesn't seem to give a s--- what I want it to do. Maybe I'm dumb and haven't figured it out yet.

Overall, this ROM is awesome so far. Can't wait for updates now.
    Yeah, I couldn't figure that out either. So I used a text editor to change it. Open up /system/usr/keylayout/thunderc_keypad.kl with a text editor and switch the numbers 139 and 102. fixed! then reboot.
    lesheifner and tdm like this.
    07-02-2012 08:46 PM
    Provide link??
    And please tell me its not the nightly beta port.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    .........Firefox beta 14. It was just released a week ago. I just installed it, and it seems to run much better than the older Firefox nightly version worked. Here's the link.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-02-2012 08:51 PM
    There is a Firefox that works though!
    Just saw the link. Edited to remove my dumbness.
    07-02-2012 09:30 PM
    Can someone explain why the tether isn't working in any ics roms? I want to help
    07-02-2012 09:57 PM
    VS660

So here are some new issues, I think.

1. I install apps, and they disappear after reboot. Icons remain on the homescreen.

2. Browsing the SD Card with ES File Explorer shows what the SD card looked like before connecting to the computer, but not updated files and folders after editing on the computer.

3. Charging is just slower than hell, even without any 3G.

Continuing to test.
    07-02-2012 10:01 PM
    It may be time for you to buy a new charger/USB cable.
    If you are still using the stock USB charging cable, they are faulty and have a very limited life span that varies from only a couple weeks, to a couple months.
    Visit your local electronics store, and pick up a new charger.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    Thanks but the charger has nothing to do with it. I have tryed three different chargers. The phone charges on other roms.
    07-02-2012 10:05 PM
    Thanks but the charger has nothing to do with it. I have tryed three different chargers. The phone charges on other roms.
    what phone are you on again?
    07-02-2012 10:11 PM
    Looks like AOKP is passable. I'm going to enable AOKP nightlies and see what happens.

Also, since goo.im is apparently unstable at the moment, I'm going to be pushing nightlies to the other two mirrors as well.

vmroms.com/~vmstorage/quattrimus/
    tdm.simplydev.com/roms/quattrimus/

does this mean AOKPb1p1 has been fixed? or am I looking for AOKPb1p2?

SO STOKED!
    07-02-2012 10:12 PM
    So it only doesn't work with Quattrimus??
    Have you tried flashing back to other ROMs that it worked with??
    Did you do a clean install of Quattrimus??
    Are you plugging the charger in correctly??
    Do you have power running to the outlet/USB port??
    07-02-2012 10:13 PM
    Can someone explain why the tether isn't working in any ics roms? I want to help
    last time I'm going to answer this... currently the only way to get tethering working properly is installing Barnacle Wifi Tether from the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mJhcm5hY2xlIl0.

and 'check' "skip wpa_supplicant" and DO NOT set a WEP key. setting a WEP key will not work currently with Quattrimus.
    07-02-2012 10:16 PM
    does this mean AOKPb1p1 has been fixed? or am I looking for AOKPb1p2?

SO STOKED!
    AOKP b1p1 will remain broken, unless TDM says otherwise, look for future AOKP builds.
    inceyet and droiddekka like this.
    07-02-2012 10:17 PM
    well it works great on VS660!
    although the only 2 issues i got was that
    the mic was to low, people couldnt really hear me much.. I had to scream lol
    and that the internal space was wrong lol I installed a few apps and it said i used 4.2MBS
    and after a bit I couldnt install more even if i unistalled apps
    tdm likes this.
    07-02-2012 10:32 PM
    anyone getting a weaker 3G signal than before? when I was running CM7 I had a bad signal at work but enough to stream Pandora, now I can't get it at all. just a tad worse than before.

sent from space.
    07-02-2012 10:52 PM
    anyone getting a weaker 3G signal than before? when I was running CM7 I had a bad signal at work but enough to stream Pandora, now I can't get it at all. just a tad worse than before.

sent from space.
    It's a known issue amongst ICS ROMs for our devices.
    Checking a service map, or performing a PRL swap may aid you. YMMV
    07-02-2012 10:54 PM
    well it works great on VS660!
    although the only 2 issues i got was that
    the mic was to low, people couldnt really hear me much.. I had to stream lol
    and that the internal space was wrong lol I installed a few apps and it said i used 4.2MBS
    and after a bit I couldnt install more even if i unistalled apps
    Yep. Mic was low here too. Did you still have installed apps upon rebooting?
    07-02-2012 10:55 PM
    About no charging/no USB-connection: I am updating Post #7384 with all possible details about the problems and the symptoms, how I've tried to install the ROM, what kind of troubleshooting I (now we) have done etc.
    tdm likes this.
    07-02-2012 10:57 PM

sent from space.
    Also, there's a thread for faster data connection tweak you can try.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-increase.html

which came from

[MOD]Data Speed Tweak [ICS/GB][Wifi/3g/4g]>Flashable ZIP< - xda-developers
    jetfactor likes this.
    07-02-2012 10:58 PM
    Yep. Mic was low here too. Did you still have installed apps upon rebooting?
    yeah, I did. i just could install like 5 or 6 then i got "insufficient storage" and when I checked in storage in storage I still had space lol
    07-02-2012 11:01 PM
    About no charging/no USB connection: How can I compare hardware details with another person also with an LG-VM670? What other details of interest are there other than "LG-VM670" and that it came with "Android 2.2.1" or "Android 2.2.2" (different screens I've heard)?
    07-02-2012 11:14 PM
    About no charging/no USB connection: How can I compare hardware details with another person also with an LG-VM670? What other details of interest are there other than "LG-VM670" and that it came with "Android 2.2.1" or "Android 2.2.2" (different screens I've heard)?
    Actually, there aren't very many differences in hardware amongst the LG Optimus V's.
    Only known differences are the screens, and the ever so different changing compositions in the processors. Although essentially, all V's have the same processor, they are just made up of random amounts of mineral particles, which evidently, cause a variation in performance for V to V.
    07-02-2012 11:21 PM
    So it only doesn't work with Quattrimus??
    Have you tried flashing back to other ROMs that it worked with??
    Did you do a clean install of Quattrimus??
    Are you plugging the charger in correctly??
    Do you have power running to the outlet/USB port??
    I have tried flashing it back to other roms and it runs fine on those. It was a clean install of Quattrimus and I did it many different times to try to see if it would correct charging issue. I also installed it on another Lg optimus v and it worked fine. The ports and the charger are not the issue as I have tryed many different ones with no success. (They work on other phones). If I plug it in while the phone is off it will turn the phone on and boot it instead of charge it so it does sense the charger is plugged in.
    07-03-2012 12:06 AM
    I have tried flashing it back to other roms and it runs fine on those. It was a clean install of Quattrimus and I did it many different times to try to see if it would correct charging issue. I also installed it on another Lg optimus v and it worked fine. The ports and the charger are not the issue as I have tryed many different ones with no success. (They work on other phones). If I plug it in while the phone is off it will turn the phone on and boot it instead of charge it so it does sense the charger is plugged in.
    What happens if you use BobzHome's rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-2012 12:12 AM
    VS660 07/02/12 build + rilfix2 here!
    Rom is running smoothly, but there's some (relatively) minor kinks, as others have noted.

-Mic volume is low, sort of how BobZHome's rom used to run. Putting speakerphone on seems to fix this problem.

-Battery screen indeed shows 88% usage toward display for me. Not sure if it's a bug or not. I haven't really had the rom loaded long enough to compare.

-Home and Menu keys are swapped ( although i'm about to try the fix mentioned earlier)

-3G seems slower (although it may be my imagination... I'll try the speed fix just posted)

If I find anything else i'll let you know.

Thanks again for all your hard work tdm!
    tdm likes this.
    07-03-2012 12:18 AM
    I'll help you out the best i can in your thread that you created. (to avoid too much extra clutter here)
    07-03-2012 12:39 AM
8,044 ... 316317318319320 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD