07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 317318319320321 ...
tools
    What happens if you use BobzHome's rom?
    For me, the phone charges with BACKside-IHO 05022012, BobZhome 5-20-2012, Harmonia 2.08 (but not Quattrimus).

Updated Post #7384 accordingly.
    07-03-2012 12:40 AM
    Also, changelog for 7/2 nightly says "no changes"....do nightlies get pushed everyday even if no changes? In other words I don't really need to flash this one do I?
    Yes, the ROMs are built regardless .. at least at the moment. And when there are no changes, there is truly no point in installing the build over the previous one. In the future I will try to detect this situation and avoid pointless builds, frustrating the heck out of the compulsive flashers I'm sure.
    jnow2 likes this.
    07-03-2012 12:53 AM
    well it works great on VS660!
    although the only 2 issues i got was that
    the mic was to low, people couldnt really hear me much.. I had to scream lol
    and that the internal space was wrong lol I installed a few apps and it said i used 4.2MBS
    and after a bit I couldnt install more even if i unistalled apps
    Do you have an sd-ext partition? If not, I highly suggest creating one. It will automagically be used for dalvik cache and apps. But you must do a full wipe and reflash for the apps part (or search this thread for the details on how to work around that).
    07-03-2012 01:02 AM
    Seems like goo.im is back up for me. Will aokp be on goo.im or the mirrors first? Also want to report the speakerphone fix works way better! Call qualtiy is OK but the speakerphone is way better!
    07-03-2012 01:04 AM
    and 'check' "skip wpa_supplicant" and DO NOT set a WEP key. setting a WEP key will not work currently with Quattrimus.
    Can you verify this is still accurate? I'm running the 6/28 nightly and just tried out Barnacle using a 13-char WEP key... my Win7 laptop associated right away and all Internet functionality seemed to work fine.
    07-03-2012 01:05 AM
    Yes, the ROMs are built regardless .. at least at the moment. And when there are no changes, there is truly no point in installing the build over the previous one. In the future I will try to detect this situation and avoid pointless builds, frustrating the heck out of the compulsive flashers I'm sure.
    Actually, I'm not frustrated at all with the pointless flashes.. you'd be surprised how good of an excuse it is to leave an awkward situation, just to "upgrade" my phone. xD
    Plus, it gives me something to do, and keeps me on my toes for newer updates.
    jnow2 likes this.
    07-03-2012 01:05 AM
    Can you verify this is still accurate? I'm running the 6/28 nightly and just tried out Barnacle using a 13-char WEP key... my Win7 laptop associated right away and all Internet functionality seemed to work fine.
    maybe its slightly more functional??
    last time i tried connecting my ipod to it, I had to follow those steps to get it connected.
    07-03-2012 01:06 AM
    @henrikb: in response to your query about getting data out of a phone without usb, try wireless adb. My phone had a temporary lapse of sanity for a few weeks where it would charge but wouldn't recognize the computer connection. Wireless adb is awesome.
    henrikb likes this.
    07-03-2012 01:07 AM
    maybe its slightly more functional??
    last time i tried connecting my ipod to it, I had to follow those steps to get it connected.
    Could be, though as I said, I only tried with a laptop and not any other devices... I suppose it could be that you can't use WEP for simpler devices, but that might be a limitation of the device rather than the phone or Quattrimus.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-03-2012 01:08 AM
    Yes, and I clearly(?) stated that I DID set a WEP key and everything DID work...
    lol sorry, i misread your post, realized it, and edited it immediately after.. maybe the edit took longer to show up??
    again, i apologize for being rude.

(editing posts after realizing the post was edited... i love this xD lol)
    07-03-2012 01:11 AM
    Could be, though as I said, I only tried with a laptop and not any other devices... I suppose it could be that you can't use WEP for simpler devices, but that might be a limitation of the device rather than the phone or Quattrimus.
    It could be, then again, last time i tried tethering my iPod to my phone, was in CM9 beta1pre3.
    I have since then gave my iPod to my friend, however, i tethered another OV to mine, and I had to follow those steps as well, you're probably right about the various device types, however, both methods seem to function.
    07-03-2012 01:15 AM
    Do you have an sd-ext partition? If not, I highly suggest creating one. It will automagically be used for dalvik cache and apps. But you must do a full wipe and reflash for the apps part (or search this thread for the details on how to work around that).
    Mmmm, I think I'm going to do that! I never really liked doing sd-ext cause I have a small sdcard but its worth it.

Oh.. and anyway I can boost the mic's input? that isint putting the phone on speaker? or will you try to fix it on your next build? >-<
    07-03-2012 01:28 AM
    Quick question:
    I was using Link2SD on my prior rom, but I see that CM9 natively does this function.

Should I have to reformat my ext2 partition on my sd card before I use it more?
    presumably, the programs I had previously installed are just taking up space.
    07-03-2012 01:31 AM
    Quick question:
    I was using Link2SD on my prior rom, but I see that CM9 natively does this function.

Should I have to reformat my ext2 partition on my sd card before I use it more?
    presumably, the programs I had previously installed are just taking up space.
    what you can do, from recovery, is format sd-ext. this will delete anything and everything that was on your ext partition.
    07-03-2012 01:38 AM
    with cm9 does ext2 or ext4 work with the built in script?

Sent from my LG-LS670 running TDM's Quattrimus 7-2-12 nightly, using Android Central Forums app
    07-03-2012 01:38 AM
    hey what does the speakerphonefix.zip do?
    07-03-2012 02:25 AM
    with cm9 does ext2 or ext4 work with the built in script?

Sent from my LG-LS670 running TDM's Quattrimus 7-2-12 nightly, using Android Central Forums app
    as long as it's formatted to ext(2 3 or 4), it will work.
    m3rkman likes this.
    07-03-2012 02:36 AM
    I've noticed that I can't back out of handcent with the back key, it just keeps reloading the app, only way to get out of it is to hit the home button

07-03-2012 02:43 AM
    About no charging/no USB connection: I found another ROM with same problem, namely CM9.0 RC1-BobZ. Maybe it is a CM9 problem!?

Updated Post #7384 accordingly.
    07-03-2012 03:10 AM
    hey what does the speakerphonefix.zip do?
    It's a copy of the cm9 rom that has a speakerphone fix to make it louder as it was really quiet. It's included in the nightlies

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    07-03-2012 03:13 AM
    (VS660) Oh I got one question.. will you be able to fix the orientation ? xD i sometimes like to have my phone sideways x:
    07-03-2012 03:18 AM
    (VS660) Oh I got one question.. will you be able to fix the orientation? xD i sometimes like to have my phone sideways x:
    xD
    I'm guessing that's a VS660 issue, my VM670's orientation goes whichever way it wants to. (Right side up, sideways, upside down, uh.. the other sideways?? Lol) xD
    Unless its just not enabled in your display settings.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    07-03-2012 04:06 AM
    xD
    I'm guessing that's a VS660 issue, my VM670's orientation goes whichever way it wants to. (Right side up, sideways, upside down, uh.. the other sideways?? Lol) xD
    Unless its just not enabled in your display settings.

psssh xD lucky.. I love ICS and it kills me its not perfect YET XD
    07-03-2012 04:09 AM
    psssh xD lucky.. is your multi-touch working ? mine isint .___.
    Kinda.. my screen registers 2 points, but it does kinda bug out a lil bit. Like when playing Zenonia4 it will half *** register a second touch.. but when in the dev options, and I enabled touch points, it shows up to 2 points.(guessing that's just the Max for my phone, wish there was some sort of "hack" to change that, but its a hardware thing)

07-03-2012 04:14 AM
    Kinda.. my screen registers 2 points, but it does kinda bug out a lil bit. Like when playing Zenonia4 it will half *** register a second touch.. but when in the dev options, and I enabled touch points, it shows up to 2 points.(guessing that's just the Max for my phone, wish there was some sort of "hack" to change that, but its a hardware thing)

i see.. I just noticed my multi-touch works fine with google maps but not with anything else xD its quite weird.
    07-03-2012 04:21 AM
8,044 ... 317318319320321 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD