ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Flashed this earlier, and love it.
Do 2SD methods not work yet? Tried to flash DarkTremor's Apps2SD and then was stuck on the LG boot logo.
Also, 3G signal has been horrid compared to IHO.

Gapsy

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

For some reason, I have always had problems with IHO. It never runs good no matter what build. This runs 2x as fast on my V. I couldn't get the mms to work in Alpha 6 though.

On wifi it says cannot download right now, and with 3g it just loads & loads forever.

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

For some reason, I have always had problems with IHO. It never runs good no matter what build. This runs 2x as fast on my V. I couldn't get the mms to work in Alpha 6 though.

On wifi it says cannot download right now, and with 3g it just loads & loads forever.

Problems with IHO...? What?!

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
No busybox? Even after installing I can't format sd-ext.
183ab8d4-344a-2acc.jpg

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

dirtygreg

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

IHO is awesome, I can leave my phone off the charger all night and wake up in the morning and still have 90% power left, I dont know if thats normal or not but i know people that cant even go four hours without having to plug there phones in lol:D

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
IHO is awesome, I can leave my phone off the charger all night and wake up in the morning and still have 90% power left, I dont know if thats normal or not but i know people that cant even go four hours without having to plug there phones in lol:D

So true. Offline charging charged my battery up 5% in 30 minutes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. :)

Yes it has my hacked up SMS dispatcher changes (that I will rewrite prior to submitting) along with mms_config.xml from the IHO overlay for the Mms package. I believe I left the standard CM apns-conf.xml in there, but you can unzip the ROM to be sure.

You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490 ;)

For anyone who wants to try:
- use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone)
- open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad).
- search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mmc to 311 and mnc to 490.
- copy it back to your phone,
- clear cache in the MMS app,
- reboot.

Let us know if it works for you. ;)

fluffioso

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

um how do i update this cm9 problem....i cant access to camera or can view youtube videos an randomly restarts phone..... did i do something wrong or not i am using a xionia 2.2568.4 or wut ever its called if that helps an im using an optimus v....also im new at this

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

um how do i update this cm9 problem....i cant access to camera or can view youtube videos an randomly restarts phone..... did i do something wrong or not i am using a xionia 2.2568.4 or wut ever its called if that helps an im using an optimus v....also im new at this

camera and youtube isnt working on this yet. correctme if im wrong but i know the camera isnt fixed.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

And don't expect to update.

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

So one thing I noticed that idk if it was mentioned here was that navigation doesn't work. It started up but closed out in the middle of doing something several times.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Can confirm the MMS fix works for ICS on the OV! ;)

Changes for building posted in the appropriate thread.

@tdm: used your hack, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: youhsf12

youhsf12

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Hate to bring it up at this stage in the game but it's a big enough bug IMO....

Seems pretty much jpg/png/whatever displays with very "posterized" colors... like it's on a copy of Windows 3.1 or something. Live Wallpapers are fine with me so there's that, but it's also clear on the Music widget too. I'm guessing it's got to do with display drivers but didn't see anything about it - can anyone duplicate or is it a bad flash?

Example:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Posterization_example.jpg (no insert image due to size)

I'll try and grab a screenshot and see if it shows up on there.

ETA: It doesn't - but it's still very clear to the eye. I'll take a picture later if nobody has seen this / knows what I'm talking about... probably just re-flash first, I dunno.
It's really an amazing piece of software, even so far, in this state - it's what Android has been trying to be, and to some extent was with the aid of various add-ons, for three years now, finally realized. Really amazing.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I know what you're talking about, and I think the issue is images in framework being resized for MDPI.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the EQ in PowerAmp doesn't work. Player runs fine until you try to access the EQ, then it becomes non responsive.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.