ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490 ;)

For anyone who wants to try:
- use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone)
- open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad).
- search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mmc to 311 and mnc to 490.
- copy it back to your phone,
- clear cache in the MMS app,
- reboot.

Let us know if it works for you. ;)

Wow I feel stupid... I noticed that number difference like two weeks ago but didn't say anything here on the forum... my bad.

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hate to bring it up at this stage in the game but it's a big enough bug IMO....

Seems pretty much jpg/png/whatever displays with very "posterized" colors... like it's on a copy of Windows 3.1 or something. Live Wallpapers are fine with me so there's that, but it's also clear on the Music widget too. I'm guessing it's got to do with display drivers but didn't see anything about it - can anyone duplicate or is it a bad flash?

Example:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Posterization_example.jpg (no insert image due to size)

I'll try and grab a screenshot and see if it shows up on there.

ETA: It doesn't - but it's still very clear to the eye. I'll take a picture later if nobody has seen this / knows what I'm talking about... probably just re-flash first, I dunno.
It's really an amazing piece of software, even so far, in this state - it's what Android has been trying to be, and to some extent was with the aid of various add-ons, for three years now, finally realized. Really amazing.

I don't know why ICS does this, but the same problem occurs on my nook color running cm9. I think it might be a problem with all ICS devices, or all mdpi ICS devices.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

for anyone having wifi tether issues the wireless tether for root users works

Screenshot_2012-02-25-11-07-38.png

Reactions: lilrob1213

youhsf12

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Just curious, are all the Gapps the ICS versions? And is the gmail working?

Yeah, I got the whole usual "x new messages" notification of all my old emails a while after flashing without asking it to or anything else.

Last edited:

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Just curious, are all the Gapps the ICS versions? And is the gmail working?

I had no problem using Gmail with the default Quattrimus version of gapps, but my calendar did not work. I flashed a good version of ICS gapps and my calendar started working again.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say, I freeking love ice cream sandwich but no matter what I do I can not get 3g to work but I can get most of everything else to work over wifi (gmail, sync, browser,etc), I wanna thank all the devs for their hard work. Yall are awesome.

Sent by smoke signals

fluffioso

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

oh wells i can wait on that but mostly everything werk cept the recieving picture text camera an youtube other than than im good unless theres somthing else i should know

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

For your 3G Problem, Try turning on AirPlane mode and switch it back off but when i use wifi then take it off sometimes the 3g gives out so i turn on A.P and it works again. If it still doesnt work, turn off wifi and reboot.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Has development been stopped? Did I miss something?

No, but people keep wanting to just update the previous install, which isn't even a good idea when a rom is fully tested. Doing it while a rom is still alpha is asking for problems and just plain stupid.

If you can't be bothered to do a full wipe (which probably means you probably didn't backup either), you probably shouldn't be doing alpha testing. It's an alpha because it means it's not stable. Not doing all you can to make sure it runs right, and not making backups is a recipe for lost data.

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Just installed it, works very smooth. Though I do have some issues, along with the ones already mentioned, like the wallpaper not scrolling and not receiving a 3G signal. It also seems to freeze in "Developer Options".

Does anyone on here know if there's a way to install the Chrome app on the Opt V? I originally thought it couldn't be installed because opt V didn't have ICS's kernel but the market says that the device was not supported.

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Just installed it, works very smooth. Though I do have some issues, along with the ones already mentioned, like the wallpaper not scrolling and not receiving a 3G signal. It also seems to freeze in "Developer Options".

Does anyone on here know if there's a way to install the Chrome app on the Opt V? I originally thought it couldn't be installed because opt V didn't have ICS's kernel but the market says that the device was not supported.

There is a fix for it on this page also a download link to the older version that supposedly works without any changes neccessary.

How to make Chrome Beta works for CM9 - RootzWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.