07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Guys. I tried placing my phone in an actual ice cream sandwich and now it won't turn on. Is this a known bug?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Try plugging the power cord into the cookie portion of the sandwich. That solved the problem for me.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    03-05-2012 09:42 PM
    I cleared out my /system, /data, /cache, and Dalvik Cache prior to flashing and for some reason, my phone number has changed (along with my MIN number). Is there any explanation for this?
    Reflashing the ROM didn't change anything
    ETA: the number has changed both on the Info screen and when I actually place a call.
    its impossible the rom cant touch that. apps have acsess to ur fones meid and esn unless you block permissions for it to. so wat happed is something around that lines has happened theres almost no way it would happen becuase to rewrite ur phone would have to go through VM if im not mistaken
    03-05-2012 09:44 PM
    Try underclocking it, ICS does not fare well in a high heat environment.

03-05-2012 09:45 PM
    Guys. I tried placing my phone in an actual ice cream sandwich and now it won't turn on. Is this a known bug?
    this is going as my tag.
    03-05-2012 09:59 PM
    Hey you guys my wifi is working but my 3g isnt any fixes for that? thanks
    03-05-2012 10:18 PM
    Hey you guys my wifi is working but my 3g isnt any fixes for that? thanks
    Toggle airplane mode on then off then toggle mobile data off then on
    03-05-2012 10:44 PM
    Restore a backup.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    03-05-2012 10:54 PM
    okay got 3g and WIFI working how do i remove the roaming indicator off
    03-05-2012 11:38 PM
    That's a shame, it looked promising.
    Tell that to the Evo 4G owners who own perma-bricks because of it.
    03-05-2012 11:40 PM
    When is the next update. And what are the things that are looking for to get fixed?
    03-05-2012 11:40 PM
    When is the next update. And what are the things that are looking for to get fixed?
    First rule of roms...
    Don't ask when to expect an update. :P
    03-05-2012 11:55 PM
    Tell that to the Evo 4G owners who own perma-bricks because of it.
    I wasn't aware of that....:o

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    03-06-2012 06:52 AM
    the guy stopped giving us any updates suddenly.
    03-06-2012 07:24 AM
    the guy stopped giving us any updates suddenly.
    I read quite a few pages back he's trying to get a working kernel built before he updates.
    Jsadik likes this.
    03-06-2012 07:33 AM
    oh, i didn't see that.
    03-06-2012 07:44 AM
    Did you guys get that Encrypt Phone setting in security working? anyone
    03-06-2012 08:15 AM
    Did you guys get that Encrypt Phone setting in security working? anyone
    I think i read somewhere that it only works on devices with emmc storage (like an internal sdcard. Which does wear leveling and other stuff by itself) and not devices with nand flash like ours (which requires a flash file system like yaffs2 to handle wear leveling and other lower level stuff)
    03-06-2012 08:37 AM
    Restoring now.
    *Update*
    Back on stock, the phone number switched back to what it should be. I'll try flashing ICS again but I won't clear out the /system this time and I'll see what happens.
    This is just so strange...
    *Update 2*
    With the ROM flashed and the /system not cleared, it FCs and reboots every 15 seconds or so after finishing booting. Hmmm...
    If I'm not mistaken, /system is where the rom lives. If you flash ics on top of froyo without formatting it's definitely going to fc, reboot, or not boot at all. Always wipe /system, /data, and /cache when coming from a different rom, regardless of version.

This message was brought to you by Tapatalk on BACKside
    03-06-2012 12:44 PM
    I wish they have us an update today. This will serve to be my first and only birthday gift today, except for the high five my mom gave me
    drm1992 likes this.
    03-06-2012 04:41 PM
    I wish they have us an update today. This will serve to be my first and only birthday gift today, except for the high five my mom gave me

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-06-2012 04:52 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, /system is where the rom lives. If you flash ics on top of froyo without formatting it's definitely going to fc, reboot, or not boot at all. Always wipe /system, /data, and /cache when coming from a different rom, regardless of version.

This message was brought to you by Tapatalk on BACKside
    If you don't format Boot, System, and Dalvik, Android has a habit of retaining old files.

That is especially the case with modified files (where you changed an image using zip) or when using newer Optimus V, which has stubborn memory.

Boot is the kernel area, on the zip file this is the boot.img you see, System is where the normal files are.
    Your phone actually runs from Dalvik. When the system boots for the first time after you install a rom, it has to copy everything from boot and system to Dalvik. So when you install anything new, if you don't wipe, all you are doing is (hopefully) overwriting the system files, then you have to hope they are transferred to Dalvik.

If Android thinks the files in Dalvik are better than the files you just put on system, it will retain the ones in Dalvik. This was the problem Obijohn had with the early Bumblebee power button mod (same one I faced with Harmonia 1.3). The signatures were different on various system files so the system rejected the new files and kept the old ones or didn't install them and boot looped. These signatures are now the cause of the new Market not working, close doesn't cut it anymore.

By wiping all three places you remove (almost) any chance for Android to retain those files.
    Here is where a new problem creeps in... Not all recoveries wipe equally and sometimes they just don't. This was a big problem with the old Xionia recoveries when you used IHO.

Combine old Xionia, a new phone, IHO, and not wiping all of them, you are just asking for files to be retained, which is why our first response to problems is to wipe and re-install.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    03-06-2012 05:26 PM

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Happy Birthday.
    As for a present, look in the thread called "A teaser", you will find something new.
    00_wrath_00, Jsadik and Samuelg900 like this.
    03-06-2012 05:27 PM
    happy bday

Samuelg900 likes this.
    03-06-2012 05:53 PM
    Happy birthday.

Rest assured I'm working on updates. But I've got a lot of other things to do, so be patient.
    03-06-2012 05:56 PM
    Will this new android market that is now called Google Play effect any downloads or anything like that. I didn't realize it had a new name till I factory reset my phone and went into tje market. I was just wondering what kinda effects it would have on a 3rd party installed market as in the Gapps. Zip we use
    03-06-2012 09:31 PM
8,044 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD