07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 5455565758 ...
tools
    When would you expect it to go beta?
    When everything works. Especially camera and mms.
    Masema and Garymeister like this.
    03-14-2012 12:01 PM
    I removed a bunch of stuff to make the ROM fit into the allotted space. I think live wallpapers are required to be on the system partition, so it would be a really tight squeeze getting them in. But sd-ext would likely work also, you can try that.

I'll try to remember to package up the removed files next time I build.
    Oh ok thanx ill try i just asked for the phase beam lwp i think its pretty nice but thanxs for your hard work
    03-14-2012 12:01 PM
    my phone works great! it gets 8 hours on a charge data even when3G icon is off. .. my pet peeve the "roaming indicator off" thing is gone camera half works so i consider this a beta ROM now just so anyone knows i tried diffrent camera apps from the market and they didnt work
    03-14-2012 12:02 PM
    The way I fixed the 3G issue was this:
    ++NOTE++ Do this if your phone boots up without 3G and Data is enabled.
    1. Open up the dialer
    2. Enter the following *#*#4636#*#*
    3. Select Phone Information
    4. Scroll down until you find CDMA AUTO (PRL) and press it.
    5. Click on CDMA only
    6. Under the choices should be a "Turn off radio" option. Press it.
    7. Head back to the network choices and select CDMA AUTO (PRL)
    8. SELECT TURN ON RADIO.
    Reply if it worked or fixed your 3G issue please :3
    I see people talking about their 3g issue, is there an issue with their WIFI? Just curious. Thanks for the fix by the way
    03-14-2012 12:02 PM
    @tdm: I'm not sure what changes you made to gapps, but in my builds, if you start from a full wipe/format of boot, system, data, and cache, once you start up ICS, it downloads all your market apps automatically. With your alpha7 (not sure about previous alphas), I get no google account sync on apps?

I believe this has to do with your workaround for including gapps. I don't pre-include, and the gapps setup seems to initiate the google backup process to automatically restore market apps on my builds.

Edit: I wonder if it has something to do with the new Play?
    My guess is that it's because I left out OneTimeInitializer.apk. It's tiny, I'll put it back.
    03-14-2012 12:03 PM
    Kinda surprised anyone is getting "daily driver' functionality out of the ROM at this point. I got nothing but reboots for the 20 minutes I had it installed. Just toggling data connection to try to get 3g back would make it reboot.
    Dir you wipe system,etc....?
    03-14-2012 12:05 PM
    Dir you wipe system,etc....?
    I double-wiped EVERYTHING and ran BumbleBee update wiper afterwords just for good measure.
    03-14-2012 12:07 PM
    my phone works great! it gets 8 hours on a charge data even when3G icon is off. .. my pet peeve the "roaming indicator off" thing is gone camera half works so i consider this a beta ROM now just so anyone knows i tried diffrent camera apps from the market and they didnt work
    The fact that the camera is partially working is a good step towards the right direction. How are other apps stacking up on this rom? Any problems them not working?
    03-14-2012 12:08 PM
    i left backside for it (tear) untill jerry gets BACKics or whatever the name may be its stable enough but i wish audio routing worked to like grooveIP
    03-14-2012 12:12 PM
    I double-wiped EVERYTHING and ran BumbleBee update wiper afterwords just for good measure.
    I wiped data/factory reset then wipe system, data, cache. Worked fine for me. No reboots since yesterday already more Dan 12 hours running. Did u flash gapps?
    03-14-2012 12:28 PM
    Trying to set up sd-ext. Script I always used on IHO fails due to illegal instruction. And yes, I've installed busybox.
    I did a bit of testing. mke2fs and tune2fs are implemented by busybox and they don't support the options you have in your script. But in your screen cap, they seem to run without complaining. Did you get your mke2fs and tune2fs binaries from somewhere else, are they perhaps packaged with this script?

As for the illegal instruction, if these binaries are from somewhere else, my guess is they are compiled for armv7.
    03-14-2012 12:28 PM
    The fact that the camera is partially working is a good step towards the right direction. How are other apps stacking up on this rom? Any problems them not working?
    Gallery shows when ever the hell it wants to hahahaha
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    03-14-2012 12:29 PM
    @tdm, I've noticed that whenever a SMS comes in or gets sent, 3G flickers off... why does it do that.
    Don't know. I am not really familiar with the networking stuff in Android. Yet. I really need to dig in and get the network routing working for MMS, so I am going to learn soon whether I want to or not....
    03-14-2012 12:31 PM
    You have to love self minded functions
    03-14-2012 12:32 PM
    It seems as though dtapps2sd still causes the rom to hang at the lg logo for me whenever I try to flash it.
    03-14-2012 12:32 PM
    Don't know. I am not really familiar with the networking stuff in Android. Yet. I really need to dig in and get the network routing working for MMS, so I am going to learn soon whether I want to or not....
    I use GOSMS and it seemed to be working fine on alpha6, and I'm going to check out alpha7 right now. What kind of mms problems are people experiencing?
    03-14-2012 12:33 PM
    This is a great ROM, thanks guys!!
    I played with it for about 24 hours and the only issues I had was with mms and the camera preview not working. Once those issues get tackled, this will be my main ROM.
    PS- I used cpu spy and saw that this ROM does not go to "deep sleep" at all.
    Yeah that's been mentioned. But thanks for reminding me, I'll update the OP so I don't forget.
    03-14-2012 12:34 PM
    settings>apps>running page is still not fit to phone... :-)
    Seems to fit on mine. It only shows 4 apps at a time but it fits.
    03-14-2012 12:41 PM
    stupid question, can you change the boot image using ROM manager? Just curious.
    03-14-2012 12:41 PM
    I would also be interested

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    The kernel sources are up on my github for ROM builders to use.

But note I've still got more changes to make. IPv6 netfilter is currently not available because of some missing header file(s), and NetworkStats apparently wants to use it.
    LeoLawliet likes this.
    03-14-2012 12:44 PM
    i left backside for it (tear) untill jerry gets BACKics or whatever the name may be its stable enough but i wish audio routing worked to like grooveIP
    What audio routing issues are you having? I'd like to know so I can warn people in the OP. But honestly MMS and camera are much higher priorities right now.
    03-14-2012 12:50 PM
    I did a bit of testing. mke2fs and tune2fs are implemented by busybox and they don't support the options you have in your script. But in your screen cap, they seem to run without complaining. Did you get your mke2fs and tune2fs binaries from somewhere else, are they perhaps packaged with this script?

As for the illegal instruction, if these binaries are from somewhere else, my guess is they are compiled for armv7.
    they ran fine on backside out of the box. the script itself i just threw together so i wouldn't have to type in the commands everytime i install a rom.

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk
    03-14-2012 12:55 PM
    they ran fine on backside out of the box. the script itself i just threw together so i wouldn't have to type in the commands everytime i install a rom.

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk
    Weird...
    03-14-2012 01:04 PM
    Did u flash gapps?
    No, I didn't. The first post in the thread states that Gapps has been included since v4 so I assumed there was no need. Either way, not sure that would cause reboots.
    03-14-2012 01:06 PM
    stupid question, can you change the boot image using ROM manager? Just curious.
    All I know is to not use ROM Manager for our phone. Screws it up, can brick it. So I'd probably just leave ROM Manager alone.
    jimlikesmayo likes this.
    03-14-2012 02:13 PM
8,044 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD