ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Please test with the new alpha7 to be released later today. wpa_supplicant has been upgraded to v0.6 in ICS and I previously was telling the system that it was using v0.5. alpha7 will be compiled to use v0.6.

Sure thing I've noticed that networks having a watch guard proxy are trouble when it comes to the system writing in the right Info,idk its wqt it seemed like to me also u might be interested in reading throught code manifest and code that MX player ihas wen it comes to the acceleration problem because its working good enlightened but still lagging in this rom

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

@all the people talking about the launcher.... I have apex installed, but I personally like trebuchet. The thing I don't like about it is the lack of scrolling wallpaper, which is border lying unusable anyway atm because of the lack of hardware acceleration. I'll stick with stock until this baby's out of diapers:p

Last edited:

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

When is the alpha7 going to be released tonight and whats new?? can u please enlighten me?? :)) Im excited. is the 3g drop on/off problem fixed?

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

When is the alpha7 going to be released tonight and whats new?? can u please enlighten me?? :)) Im excited. is the 3g drop on/off problem fixed?

Really...? tdm said tonight. The changlelog will be on the OP when the new build is up, I'm sure. Hold tight. You'll have your ICS fix soon enough.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

i think he's asking for a specific time. for tdm to tell you exactly what time, he would at least need to know what time zone you're in.

with that said, i'm pretty sure i saw somewhere that tdm said that the update would be released at 8:32pm eastern time.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

alpha 7 is released:
quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha7.zip
md5=c7e0b9321fdc54862cf41f925c64f454

Changes:

* New kernel forked from Drew's gingerkernel. Added network stats module (xt_qtaguid) and native keymap for the VM670. I think data usage works now (not that we care).

* Pulled in a bunch of changes from lupohirp. As a result:
  • OpenGL is working for games. Tested Angry Birds, Cubes Free, Hamster Attack, etc. I did observe on an earlier build that sometimes the GL libraries get cranky and the games hang, so it's probably not perfect yet.
  • Video works. Specifically YouTube.
  • Camera is partially functional. It can take pics but the preview window and video are still broken.
  • Keyboard now renders correctly.
  • Beginnings of native usb storage. Not functional yet but I think it might work eventually.

* Synced with CM9. Many things are fixed. Most noticeable is probably the numeric battery indicator.

* Fixed up some build definitions and overlay files. As a result:
  • Lock screen now says Virgin Mobile at the bottom.
  • Voice mail notification calls the correct number.
  • Other stuff that I can't recall.

* Added CalendarGoogle, GenieWidget, Talk, and YouTube back from gapps.

* Recoded the VM-specific MMS logic to be less hacky. Not tested yet because I don't have anyone to send me an MMS right now. (awww, poor lonely me).

Also noticed that Pandora works now. Don't know what was broken but I'm not complaining. :D

On the downside, the ROM has grown again and will probably need to go on another diet soon. The system partition is about 90% full (148m of 164m used). Some of this is caused by the OpenGL libs and the new gapps apk's but there's also some additional bloat in other things. Most notably LatinIME has grown by 1.8mb and there's a new CM9 ringtone named CyanTone that weighs in at 1mb.

Last edited:

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

How do you transfer over SMS to ICS from IHO? I remember when I tried this rom that it didnt work when I moved my GO SMS backup over. How are you guys doing it?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

You little....
JUST updated MIUIv4 and you do something like come out with a new update so I have to redo the WHOLE thing all over again!?
You sir, are cruel ;)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

3g is still spotty?

Probably. I didn't change anything in that area.

I'm going to start digging into networking soon, though. There's a few things that need to be looked at. Off the top of my head: 3G signal, interface control (turning 3G on/off for MMS), IPv6 network filtering for network stats.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Alrighty, good job tdm! I'll probably flash this once audio routing is fixed, as I'm a big music listener, but still great job! Pretty soon you'll be at a fully functioning ROM!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

You little....
JUST updated MIUIv4 and you do something like come out with a new update so I have to redo the WHOLE thing all over again!?
You sir, are cruel ;)

And somehow your MIUIv4 is in beta and cm9 is only alpha.... you sir gannon are getting ahead of yourself. :p

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

You little....
You sir, are cruel ;)

LOL. It isn't like I didn't tell everyone I'd release an update today... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2