07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 45678 ...
tools
    LeslieAnn knows her stuff. I would run 480 just to be safe. You will not save enough battery at the lower clock settings to matter. I promise the difference will be minutes not hours. Also you are using the same voltage up to 600. This phone is not able to be undervolted so the lower clock speeds really dont help much.
    so like now i have it at 320/729 wont help the battery and curious noob i know its alpha.. just moving stuff around to make the basics work
    02-16-2012 11:41 PM
    People need to understand its Alpha. :/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    True, but if people don't complain, how will things get fixed? ^^
    cammykool likes this.
    02-16-2012 11:53 PM
    Don't complain, report bugs. We should get bug report system set up. Like on blarf's github.
    TGBlade likes this.
    02-16-2012 11:59 PM
    he has a point ya know

im tweaking everything to my likung a gingerbread laucher (i miss gb okay but i love ICS)oced all my apps happily placed where they need to be my personal build is beta lol :P
    02-17-2012 12:04 AM
    Flashed ICS alpha,so far it runs very smooth. Downloaded Facebook,no problem,I cant find any flaws yet. Still playing around with it. All of the widgets dont work but its alpha,my hats off to all the DEVS.
    02-17-2012 12:20 AM
    got settewled dinto a ics rom.. can i update like i would a IHO rom?
    02-17-2012 12:39 AM
    got settewled dinto a ics rom.. can i update like i would a IHO rom?
    No, I dont think you want to do that. Might mess up ur phone.
    02-17-2012 12:43 AM
    So far everything is good.I tried that method posted for cm8 music modded but it tells "music has stopped" then closes :/ I'm going to keep trying at it tested chrome didn't work either but I expected it still awesome build going to use it as a daily for a day or two .
    02-17-2012 12:53 AM
    good point
    02-17-2012 12:55 AM
    Okay, let me explain something to everyone...

This rom is ALPHA, and therefore UNSTABLE.
    What happens when you simply update a stable rom? You get problems. This rom is unstable at the best of times, if you can't handle the backup, wipe, and constant re-installs, this is NOT the rom for you. Go back to IHO or Harmonia.

[HL]This is for testing and play only.[/HL]
    It is not meant for daily use by any means.
    02-17-2012 12:57 AM
    im not sayiong i have an issue...was just a question
    02-17-2012 12:57 AM
    but for an alpha it runs well to be some peoples daily driver im just mnessing with backep up stuff on my ics rom so i have no probloms restoring
    02-17-2012 01:05 AM
    Flashed this for a lark, had fun messing with it, restored from backup. Looks like it'll be great once it gets past alpha stage, thanks a lot to everyone involved in this!
    02-17-2012 01:07 AM
    I have one word,to say. Amazing,you wouldnt know its alpha.
    cammykool likes this.
    02-17-2012 01:09 AM
    I have one word,to say. Amazing,you wouldnt know its alpha.
    do you plan on playting with it for a few days?
    02-17-2012 01:12 AM
    No, just overnite. Cant risk a brick or a paperweight.
    02-17-2012 01:18 AM
    wait nop to the few days thing or no ot the update
    02-17-2012 01:26 AM
    Like Leslieann said this is alpha,not meant for daily. It may act like it but so many things dont work. I rely on my OV for mostly everything. Probally restore my IHO backup later. I will stay close to this thread.
    02-17-2012 01:29 AM
    The only problem I see thus far for people who use this alpha build as a daily driver would be the 3G and messing with it everyday or every reboot to get it to work.
    02-17-2012 01:30 AM
    but for an alpha it runs well to be some peoples daily driver im just mnessing with backep up stuff on my ics rom so i have no probloms restoring
    Actually, it doesn't and you shouldn't expect it.
    ICS working on the OV isn't even 24 hours old, and this rom isn't even half that. The devs are still testing and working out major issues. If the devs don't know for certain what to expect, the average user can't.

I know you all have a lot of faith in the devs here, but most roms get at least some sort of testing, this is not only brand spanking new and very different, but pretty much completely untested. This is the sort of thing the devs normally do behind the scenes, not out front where all all of you can play with it. You are all playing fast and loose, and it's not something normal users should be doing. You don't know if that next setting will trigger the cpu to go nuts, cause the battery to over-charge, or completely brick your phone (all three of which have happened on other phones) and many of you will really be in a jam if something serious happens.

I'm not trying to single anyone out, or be a b*tch, I'm just saying, be careful.
    When the devs are saying it's not ready for daily use, you should probably listen.
    mrg666, andel7539, Anonymo and 4 others like this.
    02-17-2012 01:31 AM
    The only problem I see thus far for people who use this alpha build as a daily driver would be the 3G and messing with it everyday or every reboot to get it to work.
    Well I'm trying it for 2 days or so to see if 3g is ever dropped completely for me or any kind of reboot and I'll post whether or not I did encounter any other issues.If anything happens to the phone I really would care as I can go get another one don't mind.
    02-17-2012 01:33 AM
    im sorry i didnt kniow the harm that was impending....
    02-17-2012 01:43 AM
    Well I'm trying it for 2 days or so to see if 3g is ever dropped completely for me or any kind of reboot and I'll post whether or not I did encounter any other issues.If anything happens to the phone I really would care as I can go get another one don't mind.
    im sorry i didnt kniow the harm that was impending....
    agreed but one thing leslie said that did scare me is battery overcharge.. i thi=nk ill nbackup my icd s tonight restore gb for a charge then go back to test some more.. i have a doctors appoint ment tommorow and a computer job... great for some battery tests and 3G ytests
    02-17-2012 01:46 AM
    Ur very right Leslieann,no telling what could happen. But we all take a risk when we mess with custom roms. A year ago i didnt know much of anything about this stuff. Now I dont think twice about flashing a rom,but this is different. Everyone be carefull.
    02-17-2012 01:46 AM
    without the proper kernel ics doesnt know what your phones limits are and what it can handle im assuming its an s kernel with IS NOT THE SAME
    02-17-2012 01:52 AM
8,044 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD