07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    Well I don't play it really. But its kinda the gold standard for basic gaming functionality.

My 6yo loves it. He finished it all three of them, bouncy mouse, and is now on hamster attack.
    Have you got him on where's my water? Quite fun for a Disney game. Lol
    tdm and jimlikesmayo like this.
    03-16-2012 10:51 PM
    Qualcomm has released Adreno 2xx ICS binaries!! Would this help for our phone?

https://developer.qualcomm.com/devel...-and-resources (Look under drivers)
    How do install this on our phones?
    03-16-2012 11:49 PM
    Well I don't play it really. But its kinda the gold standard for basic gaming functionality.

My 6yo loves it. He finished it all three of them, bouncy mouse, and is now on hamster attack.
    My sisters 6yo is a lot better than me at angry birds, and he watches TV, eats, and plays at the same time
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 12:14 AM
    How do install this on our phones?
    You don't install it, you have to wait for it to be built into the ROM.
    03-17-2012 12:47 AM
    It shouldn't be a data issue, because you don't need data for texts.
    This is a bit of a misunderstanding. You do need data for sms, but only 1g/2g, not 3g. For mms, you do need 3g.

If you are having trouble connecting to the cell towers, sms will not work.
    docliquid likes this.
    03-17-2012 12:48 AM
    This says CM9 wont have root acess by default can we not include that part of it?
    That pertains to official CM9. We are currently not officially supported by CM, though the IHO dev group is attempting to change that (takes time and patience).

Regardless, non-official versions of CM9 (called kangs) can remove/alter that portion of the code, so it will not be an issue for us (most likely).
    03-17-2012 12:55 AM
    That pertains to official CM9. We are currently not officially supported by CM, though the IHO dev group is attempting to change that (takes time and patience).

Regardless, non-official versions of CM9 (called kangs) can remove/alter that portion of the code, so it will not be an issue for us (most likely).
    What exactly is the benefit of being officially supported

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 12:59 AM
    Much easier to file bug reports (don't even attempt to file a bug report or a non official phone, even if the bug affects officially supported phones as well).

Much easier to pull in new code changes (just try to fix merge conflicts on a 200+ page commit)

A larger dev group to call upon in times of challenging code issues (IHO is only a half dozen devs, we do what we can with our limited resources)

Note- some might say having a kang is better, since you don't have to stay in-line with CM 100%. I will work with CM to gain inclusion for the OV, but I will always create kangs that suit the OV community's needs.
    03-17-2012 01:04 AM
    You guys know that the "root access off by default" thing means that you will have to do nothing more than check a box in the settings menu. Having root access disabled by default means that installing CM on their phones will be safer people who don't understand what root access does and why you should be careful with it.

I'm all for the OV having an official CM9 port/branch/whatever.
    03-17-2012 01:31 AM
    You don't install it, you have to wait for it to be built into the ROM.
    There is a blog page with instructions somewhere but its for advanced users, its not a flashable zip.
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-17-2012 01:57 AM

so no worry...?
    03-17-2012 02:32 AM
    so no worry...?
    is there was something to worry about they would have said something.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    03-17-2012 07:15 AM
    I don't generally listen to music too often, but attempted to at work last night, (graveyard shift freight team at The Home Depot definitely needs a soundtrack!) Anyway, when using either Pandora or Tunein Radio, either app had issues freezing and after closing and reopening either app they failed to load properly without rebooting the phone. Pandora in particular cited a sync error of some sort when attempting to restart it after it froze. Never encountered this on any other roms. Music already downloaded on the phone plays just swimmingly btw

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 07:58 AM
    Hi, has anyone looked onto the Bluetooth issue I raised back on page 143?
    03-17-2012 10:13 AM
    Another texting issue, sent about 7-8 messages to a friend this morning but on the last one the phone froze, hence "the last one" prompting a battery pull. All messages were sent and not still " sending " btw

03-17-2012 10:26 AM
    (CM9)[MOD] Reloaded ICS 1.5-031512 | CM9 UI Enhancements | Update: Bottom status bar - xda-developers
    this works great check it out it adds more customization to our rom no issues with it so far
    chucksaysblah likes this.
    03-17-2012 10:54 AM
    Lastnite I put CM9,on my sons OV. He likes it so far,have'nt had any problems so far. Its really smooth and fast,he really doesnt care that the camera doesnt work. I check in on this,I still have 2 OVs. Thanks tdm.
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:29 AM
    I don't generally listen to music too often, but attempted to at work last night, (graveyard shift freight team at The Home Depot definitely needs a soundtrack!) Anyway, when using either Pandora or Tunein Radio, either app had issues freezing and after closing and reopening either app they failed to load properly without rebooting the phone. Pandora in particular cited a sync error of some sort when attempting to restart it after it froze. Never encountered this on any other roms. Music already downloaded on the phone plays just swimmingly btw

Thanks. I'll check out these apps over the weekend. Not sure if much can be done about it though.
    docliquid likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:40 AM
    Hi, has anyone looked onto the Bluetooth issue I raised back on page 143?
    Sorry I haven't. I'll check out bluetooth this weekend or perhaps monday. But I hardly ever exercise call waiting, so odds of that getting much attention anytime soon are pretty slim.
    realshawty and Germitty like this.
    03-17-2012 11:43 AM
    Sorry I haven't. I'll check out bluetooth this weekend or perhaps monday. But I hardly ever exercise call waiting, so odds of that getting much attention anytime soon are pretty slim.
    I am having the issue of not being able to hold a phone conversation at all via bluetooth. cannot hear incoming audio and outgoing audio isnt audible either... Is this a issue that only i am experiencing ? I know it was a cm9 issue to begin with but your OP now reads that bluetooth is fixed.
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:54 AM
    Tdm, you might want to add voice-to-text on the list of not working things. I haven't had any luck with it, and nor has a few other people.
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:55 AM
    I am having the issue of not being able to hold a phone conversation at all via bluetooth. cannot hear incoming audio and outgoing audio isnt audible either... Is this a issue that only i am experiencing ? I know it was a cm9 issue to begin with but your OP now reads that bluetooth is fixed.
    Thanks I'll check it out.
    chucksaysblah likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:58 AM
    Thanks I'll check it out.
    thanks tdm i appreciate it! Greta work btw love this rom it is awesome if the bluetooth is fixed then i wont be looking at gb ever again.
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 12:01 PM
    thanks tdm i appreciate it! Greta work btw love this rom it is awesome if the bluetooth is fixed then i wont be looking at gb ever again.
    I've heard that line (if "x" is fixed) from several different people for several different features. If you could all get together and agree on one feature to fix that would make my life so much easier.

(just kidding, by the way .. all the features need to work)
    rukin5197 and drm1992 like this.
    03-17-2012 12:03 PM
    Anyone see this?

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...on-adreno/8081

If I'm not mistaken, this means we have hardware acceleration

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Glenar likes this.
    03-17-2012 12:04 PM
8,044 ... 6061626364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD