07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Anyone see this?

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...on-adreno/8081

If I'm not mistaken, this means we have hardware acceleration

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Yes, see pages 152 and 153 in this thread.
    Jsadik and CaptainShanks like this.
    03-17-2012 11:06 AM
    I've heard that line (if "x" is fixed) from several different people for several different features. If you could all get together and agree on one feature to fix that would make my life so much easier.

(just kidding, by the way .. all the features need to work)

hahahaha I am sorry if i sounded demanding I wasn't trying to come across this way. I know you could care less if i use your rom or not and rightfully so. Thanks again for all the work you are doing if it wasnt for guys like you I would still have the crappy vm rom that came with this phone. I am actually using the rom anyways just would love the bluetooth functionality. I know it will be fully functional just as every other version of CM has been in the past. I will try to be less annoying lol.

EDIT: I also wanna note that i see two icons for the calendar in the app drawer now just in case you weren't aware!
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:19 AM
    hahahaha I am sorry if i sounded demanding I wasn't trying to come across this way. I know you could care less if i use your rom or not and rightfully so. Thanks again for all the work you are doing if it wasnt for guys like you I would still have the crappy vm rom that came with this phone. I am actually using the rom anyways just would love the bluetooth functionality. I know it will be fully functional just as every other version of CM has been in the past. I will try to be less annoying lol.
    No problem, just trying to make a joke. I only expected a couple hardcore users to use this ROM for a daily driver until it hits beta release. But it sounds like there's a couple dozen at least.

EDIT: I also wanna note that i see two icons for the calendar in the app drawer now just in case you weren't aware!
    Yes, thanks, the calendar issue was noted within an hour after release.
    03-17-2012 11:25 AM
    No problem, just trying to make a joke. I only expected a couple hardcore users to use this ROM for a daily driver until it hits beta release. But it sounds like there's a couple dozen at least.

Yes, thanks, the calendar issue was noted within an hour after release.
    I've never noted myself as a "hardcore android user" but the only things to qualify a daily driver for me are ril (calling/texting) and 3g. And quite often smoothness
    03-17-2012 11:29 AM
    So im hardcore? Yay!
    Does it make me more hardcore because I built from source for myself?
    03-17-2012 11:34 AM
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem. Sometimes my time does not seem to update properly, i mean right now it says it is 11:28 PM when i know it is 9:33 AM, is this something other people have experienced before? Usually i have noticed it happens on the lock screen. It will say the time from the last time i was on the phone until i wait a couple of seconds or hit the lock button and wake it again.
    tdm likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:35 AM
    So im hardcore? Yay!
    Does it make me more hardcore because I built from source for myself?
    Oh, absolutely!
    03-17-2012 11:41 AM
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem. Sometimes my time does not seem to update properly, i mean right now it says it is 11:28 PM when i know it is 9:33 AM, is this something other people have experienced before? Usually i have noticed it happens on the lock screen. It will say the time from the last time i was on the phone until i wait a couple of seconds or hit the lock button and wake it again.
    Yeah it does that for me too.

I think the actual time is fine in the system, it's just that the UI is failing/forgetting to update it properly right after wakeup. But I'm not really sure exactly what' s going on -- all I know is that it always seems to resolve itself within a few seconds.
    03-17-2012 11:43 AM
    Yes, see pages 152 and 153 in this thread.
    XD sorry about that, I'm usually on top of this thread

03-17-2012 11:58 AM
    XD sorry about that, I'm usually on top of this thread

Lol what? 3 post and joined Jul 2010? First I ever seen that. :P
    arnold1997 likes this.
    03-17-2012 12:16 PM
    Lol what? 3 post and joined Jul 2010? First I ever seen that. :P
    I was smart enough to lurk until I got a feel for the posting style

Honestly though, I only signed up for links and topic tracking. Same on XDA. I'm one hell of a lurker

03-17-2012 12:27 PM
    I was smart enough to lurk until I got a feel for the posting style

Honestly though, I only signed up for links and topic tracking. Same on XDA. I'm one hell of a lurker

Haha I was a lurker too. I only post when I have something valuable to say.
    03-17-2012 12:54 PM
    Sorry, you'll have to wait and see if tdm did something different than my build.

FYI- I'm using a slightly different mms config file, so that may have something to do with it.
    What settings are you using? Other than the camera barely working, I feel my MMS is important and I've tinkered with settings until I just went back to IHO cm7. Clue me in if you don't mind. Thanks

Stupid question to anyone listening, I've seen conflicting information regarding 3g connections and I'm a little confused as to how to create or maintain a solid 3g connection. Through IHO I have no problem with 3g, but I have similar experiences with the ICS ROM that other people are having. I can't seem to figure it out after trying people's suggestions. Now after being out of the loop for a few days having worked more than 13 days straight and getting little sleep, I've decided to revisit this thread to read up on the news and to see if there are any new alpha releases with fixes to bugs. I love this build, very smooth and accurate with minor bugs such as my home button and settings button are flip flopped and the camera not showing the preview. And I was aware of the MMS problem but as I mentioned before I saw other people with fixes and JerryScript is running a different setting which seems to work, but I haven't been able to find what those settings are. can anyone clue me in? I'm sorry if I sound like a NOOB, just tired, lack of sleep and figured someone could help. Thanks for everthing
    03-17-2012 01:17 PM
    well thank you guys for making this rom ive been waiting on the for a long while now.
    03-17-2012 01:53 PM
    Haha I was a lurker too. I only post when I have something valuable to say.
    On XDA I've had my account since 2009, and I've only got maybe a dozen posts. On AF I lurked for six months, then started talking. Now I don't shut up.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    Raul720 likes this.
    03-17-2012 02:11 PM
    Exactly how I was. I feel like a nuisance.

03-17-2012 02:24 PM
    I've never noted myself as a "hardcore android user" but the only things to qualify a daily driver for me are ril (calling/texting) and 3g. And quite often smoothness
    your rom is definately smooth!
    03-17-2012 02:28 PM
    I really want to flash this ROM, but it's about 95MB... is there ANY room for apps?
    03-17-2012 03:45 PM
    I really want to flash this ROM, but it's about 95MB... is there ANY room for apps?

yup on your sd card
    03-17-2012 03:53 PM
    The ROM files go into /system. Your apps go into /data. They are totally separate.

However, there is most definitely a space issue. If you have lots of apps, your dalvik cache is going to fill up internal storage. alpha7 will automagically use your sd-ext partition for the dalvik cache if it exists. It's highly recommended to have an sd-ext partition for this reason alone. Additionally, in the next update, I'm going to do the same for apps. So if you have a decent size sd-ext (say, 1gb or more) you'll have more space for apps than a sane person will ever use.

I don't have links handy so I'll let others point out the best sd-ext resources and tutorials.
    03-17-2012 04:31 PM
    The ROM files go into /system. Your apps go into /data. They are totally separate.

However, there is most definitely a space issue. If you have lots of apps, your dalvik cache is going to fill up internal storage. alpha7 will automagically use your sd-ext partition for the dalvik cache if it exists. It's highly recommended to have an sd-ext partition for this reason alone. Additionally, in the next update, I'm going to do the same for apps. So if you have a decent size sd-ext (say, 1gb or more) you'll have more space for apps than a sane person will ever use.

I don't have links handy so I'll let others point out the best sd-ext resources and tutorials.
    ive never had a problem with storage. i have quite a few apps installed with no sd-ext partition.
    03-17-2012 04:44 PM

I have never had an issue with space if i ever did i just move the app to the sd card. So you mean i have to make a sd-ext partition to be able to use your rom from this point forward?
    03-17-2012 05:19 PM
    I have never had an issue with space if i ever did i just move the app to the sd card. So you mean i have to make a sd-ext partition to be able to use your rom from this point forward?
    I don't like moving apps around for several reasons.

No sd-ext usage is strictly opportunistic and will remain that way.
    03-17-2012 05:28 PM
    Have you got him on where's my water? Quite fun for a Disney game. Lol
    Downloaded it today. It's a hit. He says, "every time I play the nook from now on, I'm going to play where's my water until I finish it".
    rukin5197 likes this.
    03-17-2012 06:17 PM
    Downloaded it today. It's a hit. He says, "every time I play the nook from now on, I'm going to play where's my water until I finish it".
    I thought so. Lol it's really addicting! I myself was playing it just last night (actually bought the whole game). I bring my tablet to school very often just to mess around on it during class (teachers must abide by it, because after all, it's a small computer, and computers are allowed )
    03-17-2012 06:24 PM
8,044 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD