07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    Is anyone else having issues with the Email app? Specifically, it isn't checking mail automatically. Gmail works with no trouble, and I can manually check my mail, but it completely ignores my auto-refresh settings.
    I noticed that too. Thought it was just me.
    03-20-2012 09:49 PM
    What is aokp? I see it on the kindle thread on xda also

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Android Open Kang Project. They have a website for more info.
    03-20-2012 09:54 PM
    I noticed that too. Thought it was just me.
    I installed CM9 on Saturday morning and didn't notice the email issue over the weekend, but back to work today and it became really apparent that it wasn't checking my mail at all without me manually refreshing it. Too bad. Aside from the few issues, this is looking really good! Have to go back to CM7 for now, though, but I won't hesitate to give it another shot when a new version comes out.
    03-20-2012 10:40 PM
    Random comment.
    The wallpaper not scrolling issue people complained about, I think cm fixed it (just noticed its working in my build from last night)
    03-20-2012 10:51 PM
    Random comment.
    The wallpaper not scrolling issue people complained about, I think cm fixed it (just noticed its working in my build from last night)
    I know that was only a problem with Trebuchet. But if they've updated that app, then yes. Lol
    03-20-2012 10:55 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with the Email app? Specifically, it isn't checking mail automatically. Gmail works with no trouble, and I can manually check my mail, but it completely ignores my auto-refresh settings.
    This happened to me when I was just starting out on IHO and I think it should fix your problem. Now, this is written as the GB layout, so you may have to tweak it a bit, but most of the steps should be the same.

1. Turn off sync - you can do just google calendar (This is faulty one that apparently won't update)
    2. got to settings ->apps -> manage apps -> all
    3. find calendar storage -> clear cache -> clear
    4.find calendar sync (settings-> accounts and sync->click on gmail and turn off sync)
    5. Reboot Phone
    6. Re-enable Sync(should start syncing nearly instantly as long as your connected to 3G)
    tdm and OP-Mod like this.
    03-20-2012 11:16 PM
    My battery doesn't last very long on the alpha 7. Anyone else facing this problem?
    03-21-2012 12:39 AM
    Noticed that several people have said their GPS and camera are working. Neither have ever worked for me on the latest build. Is there a fix? Don't care too much about the camera, but GPS would come in handy.
    03-21-2012 01:23 AM
    I have absolutely no clue how but I got the phone to crop picture to use as a wallpaper. I had one set using zedge as horrible as that is. Decided to try and see if picsay would allow me to crop one. It worked once but could not duplicate untill about ten tries later. Going to see if there is an alternative to the stock gallery app now that might work.

As I was beginning to suspect there is something wrong with the stock gallery app. I used gallery+ from the market and was able to change the wallpaper immediately.
    03-21-2012 04:39 AM
    Quickpic works

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    03-21-2012 06:01 AM
    Haha tdm, I had no idea AOKP was based off of CM9. I just framework ported it and it worked
    Who would've thought?
    Really? It seems that they aren't using much from CM except a few device repos and a few packages. And most of their code seems to be forked from github.com/android, not github.com/CyanogenMod.
    03-21-2012 10:53 AM
    Really? It seems that they aren't using much from CM except a few device repos and a few packages. And most of their code seems to be forked from github.com/android, not github.com/CyanogenMod.
    Sounds like exactly the ICS rom I've been waiting for. Definitely excited to try it out.
    03-21-2012 11:19 AM
    Is anyone else having problems with the Alpha 7 microphone operation in task lists like Astrid or Taskos? Mine hangs on the recording wheel. Appreciate the feedback.
    03-21-2012 12:32 PM
    hey TDM iv was browsing the LS670 COLD AS ICE fourms and i noticed that native UMS worked

What works so far
    Calls, 3G, wifi, gps, sms , camera stills only with no preview, native usb, adb , youtube video but not smooth.headphones no mic, gaming works well with drew's Iscream kernel. Gallery works for me. Market. Live wallpaper is working. I'll include a few in a new build or patch.
    changelog of the OP on the post
    tdm likes this.
    03-21-2012 01:24 PM
    your the best man cant wait for a beta release
    03-21-2012 01:49 PM
    Hey, I noticed that the music player is NOT the 4.0 player, rather it is the 2.X player. Also, I'd love to have DSP preinstalled, though I can just get it over XDA and flash it through Recovery.

Also, 3G is really bad now D: Still love this ROM generally.
    Thanks for everything. Can not wait for CM9 features when available
    03-21-2012 03:21 PM
    Hey, I noticed that the music player is NOT the 4.0 player, rather it is the 2.X player. Also, I'd love to have DSP preinstalled, though I can just get it over XDA and flash it through Recovery.

Also, 3G is really bad now D: Still love this ROM generally.
    Thanks for everything. Can not wait for CM9 features when available
    There is no 4.0 player. Its being replaced by Play Music unfortunately, which is slower. I was hoping to eventually somehow retheme the 2.x music player to have an ics look but I think I have to decompile the app and then rexmpile I,..... which is my problem because I don't know how to compile it. I could probably do it of I downloaded android sdk but idk if its worth the trouble.
    03-21-2012 04:45 PM
    Where's the latest download for this rom? I cant find it and i'd like to know where to look for updates on this
    03-21-2012 05:14 PM
    Where's the latest download for this rom? I cant find it and i'd like to know where to look for updates on this
    First post

03-21-2012 05:16 PM
    I have no idea whatsoever. But I did exactly what I did for CNA and it worked. Invincible Madness was the one who said he did it.
    03-21-2012 05:16 PM
    i know curiosity killed the cat but i was playing with a buddy's GNex (GSM) today and noticed this little background affect

it has a blue fade in on the bottom so is there something preventing us from having it?
    03-21-2012 05:39 PM
    i know curiosity killed the cat but i was playing with a buddy's GNex (GSM) today and noticed this little background affect

it has a blue fade in on the bottom so is there something preventing us from having it?
    Where? That looks just like the CM7 theme.

03-21-2012 05:55 PM
    Where? That looks just like the CM7 theme.

look at the S/W buttons on the screenshot and look at the greyish background and follow it up notice how it fades to the normal black?
    03-21-2012 06:00 PM
    I would say it's the nexu's screen.

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd...9126175577.png

ICS theme
    03-21-2012 06:39 PM
    its on the samsung galaxy s ll aswell

03-21-2012 06:56 PM
8,044 ... 6869707172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD