07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 7374757677 ...
tools
    I like the new avatar tdm

Sent via the
    tdm and LeoLawliet like this.
    03-24-2012 07:14 PM
    Call ok, 3g ok, wifi ok, mms half ok, camera half ok, link2sd ok, YouTube ok
    No voice search, no text to speech .
    Thanks to dev..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-24-2012 07:17 PM
    First, got it installed... +1

Call worked... +1

Unfortunately, can't do anything else... would help if the basic TTS stuff had been included, as it's a must for me. Looks like I'll be forced to go back to Backside (yet the TTS problem still exists there too) -3

If I had the apk files for all the ICS accessibility features, I'd have far less of an issue. Need the TTS engine plus voice data at a minimum to make my phone usable.
    03-24-2012 08:29 PM
    Not sure if anyone else has had any issues with phone calls not using a headset at all. Tried to call someone and neither of us could hear the other multiple tries had the same results. Later flashed back to IHO no issues with calls. Older screen OV using alpha 7. Thank you again for the hard work.
    If you are referring to Bluetooth, it has been noted by tdm and is somewhere in the que.
    03-24-2012 10:31 PM
    I'll put TTS on my list to investigate.
    samlin168us likes this.
    03-24-2012 10:51 PM
    Or from IHO.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-24-2012 11:19 PM
    If I've heard the descriptions right, ICS doesn't use Pico anymore, but some other TTS engine (rumored to sound quite similar to the computer voice from Star Trek TNG... Is it possible to use the Android SDK with a emulator of an LG device (I've seen one mentioned in the options that may work for the APK files needed for accessibility support to be baked in, but don't quote me here), and just pull the accessibility APKs via ADB and add them into Quattrimus' next build, or make a flashable zip file that would "patch" things up? I know I'm asking a lot here, but if you did include accessibility out of the box, that would make the Optimus V that much more appealing to an Android convert like myself. I left the fruit for the droid because the platform is more open, and from my experience so far, it leaves me wanting more. A good thing, maybe?
    03-24-2012 11:36 PM
    If I've heard the descriptions right, ICS doesn't use Pico anymore, but some other TTS engine (rumored to sound quite similar to the computer voice from Star Trek TNG... Is it possible to use the Android SDK with a emulator of an LG device (I've seen one mentioned in the options that may work for the APK files needed for accessibility support to be baked in, but don't quote me here), and just pull the accessibility APKs via ADB and add them into Quattrimus' next build, or make a flashable zip file that would "patch" things up? I know I'm asking a lot here, but if you did include accessibility out of the box, that would make the Optimus V that much more appealing to an Android convert like myself. I left the fruit for the droid because the platform is more open, and from my experience so far, it leaves me wanting more. A good thing, maybe?
    Same story for me, except it was around a year ago. I still use my iPod every now and then but Android is much more convenient and battery life is better from what I see, other than that it's way more fun to play around with and I pretty much just end up using the fruit as a music player only (I got really bored of iOS hacks)

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    03-25-2012 01:32 AM
    Yeah, and one thing the droid's got the fruit beat on is the ability to downgrade your firmware/ROM if something's borked with the latest version... That's the reason why I suddenly jumped ship and came over to Android. Making it customized is a huge selling point, too. Ok, it's late, and I hit the wrong key on my keyboard, costing me a nice long post explaining the differences in accessibility between Android and iOS, but I am tired and it's 2:30 am or so at the moment... Gonna catch some sleep, but I do promise that post, which might explain better why I deem inclusion of the accessibility features of ICS so important.
    LeoLawliet likes this.
    03-25-2012 04:36 AM
    The article I read said that Google was working on Siri like software, which may be TTS taken out of context. But it was reported to be called Majel(sp?) after Gene Roddenberry's wife, who did the voice of the computer on TNG.

03-25-2012 08:00 AM
    No, Bluetooth was not involved, only use that for online gaming. Funny though calls were perfectly fine the day before. Had called the same person repeatedly the day before successfully. I'll flash back and report of the issue arises again. Also calls were made in a three to four bar area.
    03-25-2012 08:15 AM
    Ok, here's the post I mentioned in my bleary-eyed state this morning before I retired for some well deserved shuteye...

iOS has had accessibility baked in since version 3.0 or so, which is simply activated by triple-clicking the home button, and after announcing "Voice Over On", it begins speaking. It also changes the gestures used on the screen, allowing a user to flick in various directions to read the screen, plus a few multi-touch gestures for such things as scrolling and switching home screens. In my experience, I find it fairly easy to use.

Android, on the other hand is a bit different. With Gingerbread and below, a sighted person would have to drill down through various settings menus (Accessibility and Voice Input and Output specifically) to enable accessibility. Usually it's 4 checkboxes in the accessibility settings (depends on what services you have installed, like Talkback, Soundback and Kickback, plus that all important Accessibility checkbox), then you have to pop in the Voice Input and Output settings and go into the Text-to-Speech settings and make sure the voice data for Pico is installed (usually is on new devices, with the exception of the T-Mobile G1 and most custom ROMs). It's an involved process, but once done, there's a fair bit of accessibility, but not the gestures like iOS.

Now for ICS... To activate the accessibility features on a new device (or custom ROM with all accessibility features baked in), you'd simply draw a rectangle starting from the upper left corner of the screen, clockwise around the edge of the screen, and back to your starting point. If done right, you hear a ding, and the TTS starts speaking, placing you in a tutorial to learn the gestures to control the touchscreen. Far simpler, don't you think? Since Quattrimus lacks all the accessibility features at the moment, I can't tell you how the experience is, but if you do a search via Google for Android 4.0 Accessibility, there's some YouTube videos that do show you a bit about how it works.

Ok, there's my kernel of knowledge regarding accessibility on Android and iOS... Feel free to fire your comments and questions my way, and I hope to work with y'all to make Quattrimus )and possibly other custom ROMs) more accessible out of the box.
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-25-2012 10:36 AM
    After trying the latest build, I'm very pleased with how it is coming.

Calls work, 3g works (sporadically), the UI is the smoothest I have ever seen on this phone, the font rendering is fantastic! Camera doesn't work and neither does the new gallery but that is fixable via Quickpic. The only thing keeping me from using this rom is the poor battery life from the EvDo A acting up and the camera.

Keep up the good work, guys, you're all amazing!
    tdm likes this.
    03-25-2012 11:59 AM
    Ok, here's the post I mentioned in my bleary-eyed state this morning before I retired for some well deserved shuteye...

iOS has had accessibility baked in since version 3.0 or so, which is simply activated by triple-clicking the home button, and after announcing "Voice Over On", it begins speaking. It also changes the gestures used on the screen, allowing a user to flick in various directions to read the screen, plus a few multi-touch gestures for such things as scrolling and switching home screens. In my experience, I find it fairly easy to use.

Android, on the other hand is a bit different. With Gingerbread and below, a sighted person would have to drill down through various settings menus (Accessibility and Voice Input and Output specifically) to enable accessibility. Usually it's 4 checkboxes in the accessibility settings (depends on what services you have installed, like Talkback, Soundback and Kickback, plus that all important Accessibility checkbox), then you have to pop in the Voice Input and Output settings and go into the Text-to-Speech settings and make sure the voice data for Pico is installed (usually is on new devices, with the exception of the T-Mobile G1 and most custom ROMs). It's an involved process, but once done, there's a fair bit of accessibility, but not the gestures like iOS.

Now for ICS... To activate the accessibility features on a new device (or custom ROM with all accessibility features baked in), you'd simply draw a rectangle starting from the upper left corner of the screen, clockwise around the edge of the screen, and back to your starting point. If done right, you hear a ding, and the TTS starts speaking, placing you in a tutorial to learn the gestures to control the touchscreen. Far simpler, don't you think? Since Quattrimus lacks all the accessibility features at the moment, I can't tell you how the experience is, but if you do a search via Google for Android 4.0 Accessibility, there's some YouTube videos that do show you a bit about how it works.

Ok, there's my kernel of knowledge regarding accessibility on Android and iOS... Feel free to fire your comments and questions my way, and I hope to work with y'all to make Quattrimus )and possibly other custom ROMs) more accessible out of the box.
    Personally I only like iOS now for gaming and music and video playback, anything that involves using the web kills the battery in no time (but then again so does gaming).

Android simply does everything I need it to do, and the entire UI can be customized in just about any way possible.

03-25-2012 12:08 PM
    I'm gonna stick with Backside a bit longer and let Quattrimus mature a bit. One of my roommates took a look at it and said it looked good, but at the moment, without accessibility and fully working EVDO Rev A, I'd rather suffer slightly with Gingerbread's somewhat less accessible experience just to have virtually everything work for me. TDM, I definitely want to help make Quattrimus great, but at the moment, all I can do is offer advice on accessibility... but otherwise, I'm really looking forward to switching full time to Quattrimus in the near future.
    03-25-2012 12:29 PM
    was runnung great until i charged last night it didn't charge. now when i plug it in it is stuck in boot animation, then LG and back again. It does not hold a charge so I can't unplug it to try to boot into recovery
    03-25-2012 12:40 PM
    Try unplug, pull battery, hold recovery buttons, plug in, but battery back in.
    03-25-2012 12:48 PM
    I think I'm gonna grab the latest Android SDK and do an install just to have an emulator around... ttry and see if I could yank the accessibility related APKs for ICS. If I do grab them, should I post them here in the Quattrimus thread, or create a whole new thread? Wonder if the APKs would have to be modified to work with the processor in the V or if they'd work as is.
    03-25-2012 01:40 PM
    I think I'm gonna grab the latest Android SDK and do an install just to have an emulator around... ttry and see if I could yank the accessibility related APKs for ICS. If I do grab them, should I post them here in the Quattrimus thread, or create a whole new thread? Wonder if the APKs would have to be modified to work with the processor in the V or if they'd work as is.
    The gapps zip I saw earlier had a GoogleTTS.apk in it. Maybe thats it?
    03-25-2012 02:00 PM
    The gapps zip I saw earlier had a GoogleTTS.apk in it. Maybe thats it?
    Has anyone confirmed that it works?

03-25-2012 03:31 PM
    I "believe" I have removed GoogleTTS.apk from my version of GApps. So if you're using mine, that's most likely the problem.
    03-25-2012 03:41 PM
    for people who can't get their phones to boot out of the LG logo, eject your sd card and then pull the battery. You can insert the sd card once the boot animation starts or just wait until the phone is booted. It may be a sign that your sd card needs a reformat.

And for the people that have issues downloading market apps due to space, try an app on the market called Marketfix
    03-25-2012 04:19 PM
    Been running quattrimus today.... again (I had to get my fix).... and by reducing my minimum clock speed from 480 to 320 and battery life increased significantly and the phones internal temperature has gone way down.

Sent via the Postal Service
    lilrob1213, tdm, mjs2011 and 1 others like this.
    03-25-2012 05:35 PM
    I'm sorry but without 3g can we still recieve SMS or calls?

Yes

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    03-25-2012 10:17 PM
    downloading jay and silent bob on it good movie..... just saying
    03-25-2012 10:55 PM
8,044 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD