07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 7879808182 ...
tools
    tdm, did you get the phone working on aokp?
    03-28-2012 10:31 PM
    I've said this before, it was my porting that was the problem. I was missing a key component in porting and I haven't found out yet. Building is totally different than porting, so he won't occur the same problems as me. Some maybe better, some worse.
    03-28-2012 10:40 PM
    Waiting patiently for the potential AOSP build. Pretty excited about it.
    03-28-2012 10:46 PM
    Not quite but it's close. There is a crash at startup (ironically it looks like the same issue that bigsupersquid encountered a couple months ago). I expect that once I find the fix for that it will be good. But digging through CM9 changes may be a little like finding a needle in a haystack.
    03-28-2012 11:25 PM
    He's building AOKP so there's really no reason for him to build CNA. Just my opinion. But he can do whatever he wants. The less the merrier for me

Even though I find building from source a lot more fun and easier..
    Honestly, I'd rather have CNA over AOKP, due to battery life. Unless I'm wrong, and they both have superb battery life.... Of course, do whatever you want! Just having ICS is good enough!
    03-28-2012 11:34 PM
    Honestly, I'd rather have CNA over AOKP, due to battery life. Unless I'm wrong, and they both have superb battery life.... Of course, do whatever you want! Just having ICS is good enough!
    well good news then, I think I may be close to a successful cna build! this time built from cnas sources, not cm9s

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    arnold1997 and brotherswing like this.
    03-28-2012 11:38 PM
    And I feel this is the reason TDM wasn't saying he was releasing all three. Leave the poor Guy alone about releases. This has been said a hundred times before in this thread, but I'll say it again: Let the developer(s?) work in peace! It is incredibly rude to ask for ETA's, so don't! He'll release the ROMs when he is ready to release them. He is doing this work for free, in his spare time, so try not to bombard him with questions about ROMs that aren't even released yet. Sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth here tdm, I'll delete this if you feel differently.
    03-28-2012 11:42 PM
    And I feel this is the reason TDM wasn't saying he was releasing all three. Leave the poor Guy alone about releases. This has been said a hundred times before in this thread, but I'll say it again: Let the developer(s?) work in peace! It is incredibly rude to ask for ETA's, so don't! He'll release the ROMs when he is ready to release them. He is doing this work for free, in his spare time, so try not to bombard him with questions about ROMs that aren't even released yet. Sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth here tdm, I'll delete this if you feel differently.
    It's fine thanks. Folks are curious and anxious. I know I would be if I were waiting for updates.
    03-28-2012 11:47 PM
    Yeah I feel that I shouldn't have mentioned aokp. I think he wanted to keep that on the dl

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    03-28-2012 11:47 PM
    Maybe I'm just getting old, but I remember when the phone was a thing on the wall in the kitchen. I remember when a P75 with a 28.8 modem was more power than anybody would ever need. I remember having three channels on tv.

My point? If you're a little patient, what comes next will blow your mind (more often than not.) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." I have no idea how to cook a Rom, therefore my OV is magic. Therefore tdm, JerryScript, LeslieAnn, bobzhome, and many many others are wizards.
    Therefore...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Man, I'm in a mood tonight. :what:

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 12:01 AM
    Who cares... do we honestly need THREE ics alpha builds... one alpha is enough. Maybe when cm9 gets ironed out. I think cm9 is working splendidly and would rather that get fixed completely than asking tdm to put out numerous half working roms.

No offense gannon, you have mad skills I don't have yet, but I just can't run your rom ports because there's basic stuff that didnt work (like the phone). I mean its fun to play with the alphas, but all the instability makes it intolerable at times.

What I'm saying here is like what kcls said: all the alpha hungry people stop asking for updates. If you want unstable updates, gannon has got a ton of updates coming out all the time to ease your addiction/ADD (until his phone ran away), and he is willing to do that.

We have different kinds of devs, some like gannon like releasing all the time whereas tdm likes to polish the stone till it shines... if yah get me drift...

/unnecessary rant

Sent via the Postal Service
    03-29-2012 12:06 AM
    Yes. People complain for a update, but dev work doesn't look easy.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-29-2012 12:11 AM
    Lol. I remember paying more for 16k (yes k) chips than 8gb of memory is worth today. And using a home made acoustic coupled 300 baud modem. And much more. Yeah I'm an old geezer too.
    rukin5197 and brotherswing like this.
    03-29-2012 12:14 AM
    Who cares... do we honestly need THREE ics alpha builds... one alpha is enough. Maybe when cm9 gets ironed out. I think cm9 is working splendidly and would rather that get fixed completely than asking tdm to put out numerous half working roms.

No offense gannon, you have mad skills I don't have yet, but I just can't run your rom ports because there's basic stuff that didnt work (like the phone). I mean its fun to play with the alphas, but all the instability makes it intolerable at times.

What I'm saying here is like what kcls said: all the alpha hungry people stop asking for updates. If you want unstable updates, gannon has got a ton of updates coming out all the time to ease your addiction/ADD (until his phone ran away), and he is willing to do that.

We have different kinds of devs, some like gannon like releasing all the time whereas tdm likes to polish the stone till it shines... if yah get me drift...

/unnecessary rant

Sent via the Postal Service
    The reason I didn't post CNA or AOKP publicly is because of the fact that we don't need 3 ICS alpha builds. I just needed to get it out there.

I don't like being known as the person who releases the updates and have the most unstable ROMs, but I've sadly grown that rep. I'm trying to fix my mistakes by making each update get stable enough. (Except for the ones that are sadly too far gone to get them; Sense).

Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't want to seem like I'm complaining. I'm just upset with myself about moving on to another project when I haven't fully finished the first. Just SO many things interest me, and I like to get them, and then I feel the need to release them to the public and I have people telling me to make them stable. when in reality I've moved on to another project and I'm over the old one.

Not very dev quality, I know.

My solutions for making up for it -
    Slowly ease you guys into forgetting about the other projects. Now I'm maintaining MIUI GB and CNA. Might touch on MIIUIv4 later, but until I fix the main bugs, I'm not going to.
    anthonycr and notown like this.
    03-29-2012 12:22 AM
    I love CM9 but AOKP is amazing
    Hell, I'll still take this over Gingerbread or Froyo!!!!

Love this ROM, using it as daily rather decently :3
    Glenar likes this.
    03-29-2012 12:25 AM
    (My apology, damned email updates doesn't update after every post-
    Either way I'm still grateful to have this-CM9 on the OV with a working camera and basics :3
    03-29-2012 12:28 AM
    Camera works now.....?

I'm slow

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-29-2012 12:36 AM
    Yea, well you still have the black preview tho lol(btw camera also works on AOKP too)
    03-29-2012 12:39 AM
    Sweet thanks man! Looking forward to it. Gonna sit back on Harmonia 2 for the time being because it is such a sweet rom!
    I agree wish i could do something else to help but I'm not quite that far ahead in my skillset
    03-29-2012 05:22 AM
    Just flashed...I know I'm late... not sure if these have been mentioned, haven't had time to read through all 200 pages of this thread, but I did notice I have two calendar apps showing in the app drawer. 3g worked after toggling airplane and data and wifi works fine...gonna take some getting used to but so far I like it. Might keep it on for a day or two, but not sure yet. Looking forward to testing more and final release. Thanks to all who have worked on this

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 02:04 PM
    Just flashed...I know I'm late... not sure if these have been mentioned, haven't had time to read through all 200 pages of this thread, but I did notice I have two calendar apps showing in the app drawer. 3g worked after toggling airplane and data and wifi works fine...gonna take some getting used to but so far I like it. Might keep it on for a day or two, but not sure yet. Looking forward to testing more and final release. Thanks to all who have worked on this

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    Thats been mentioned. Just delete one of them using a root explorer.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    chellebelle likes this.
    03-29-2012 02:09 PM
    has anyone tried portying the LG home launcher from the other p500 style phones to the OV? more spwcificilly ICS
    03-29-2012 02:33 PM
    Hey Cammy, what keyboard do you use?

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 03:12 PM
    what are these other roms being talked about? different versions coming from different sources?
    03-29-2012 03:48 PM
    what are these other roms being talked about? different versions coming from different sources?
    really, AOKP is the one to know. it's the egg mcmuffin of all ROMS. the only issue is that the phone force closes, so after a little work is done, this will be the ROM you want.
    03-29-2012 04:06 PM
8,044 ... 7879808182 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD