07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 8990919293 ...
tools
    Pandora no work (
    04-04-2012 12:03 AM
    Just some notes on Alpha 7 and now Alpha 8:

While using Alpha 7 I noticed:
    Audio for music didn't sound correct, it seemed as though the balance was thrown off and the sound was very flat when listening in my truck using the aux in.

Music Audio in bluetooth headset sounded fine, as did the sound out of the speaker on the phone.

Bluetooth didn't work for making or receiving calls

3g worked for me but the wifi wouldn't work, it would show as connected but everything was going through the 3g.

Just looking at the icon for the 3g it would come in and go out randomly, and the bars would go from blue to gray and then back to blue again.

To install Alpha 8 I did the following:

Rebooted into recovery
    cleared cache partition
    cleared dalvik cache
    cleared battery stats
    factory reset the phone and user data
    mounted usb storage
    deleted alpha 7 zip
    transfered alpha 8 zip
    unmounted usb storage
    proceeded with installing zip from sd
    chose zip and installed

Once in the phone prompted me to take an action so i chose the activation wizard.
    Next it asked me to connect to a wifi, i connected to my wifi and then tried to log in to my account which failed.

I restarted the phone and then tried to connect again and this time it went through.

I added the power control widget and installed three apps.

I noticed the home button wasn't working and then after I went all the way back to the home screen using back I dove into system settings.

I tried to disable all the location settings and they would look like they were disabled but as soon as I went back or hit home they would return to being selected.

At that point I noticed 3g was gone so I went into data usage and tried to disable my 3g and was met with the same issue there too.

I restarted again and this time the 3g and wifi were both elusive.

I tried disabling and re-enabling wifi and 3g, one then the other or both with airplane mode to no avail.

Airplane mode in particular can be hit or miss, sometimes it does nothing ..and sometimes it will work. If it doesn't work and then you reboot the phone it comes back online with airplane mode enabled, so the option works but hangs some where in it's execution.

As for bluetooth, I still can't use it for calls and now it doesn't work for music.

Playing music in my truck on the aux port works great though, the music sound is spot on.

So in an effort to try and get the wifi and 3g working again I:

Rebooted into recovery
    cleared cache partition
    cleared dalvik cache
    cleared battery stats
    factory reset the phone and user data
    mount usb storage
    proceeded with installing zip from sd
    chose zip and installed

After coming back up I used the other option when the phone prompted me for an action which just dropped me at the home screen.

Here again 3g and wifi were elusive so I restarted the phone

Once up again wifi and 3g were showing blue and sure enough everything was working so I installed two apps and started playing around with google music again.

Then I disabled my wifi ...my phone signal bars went gray so 3g was gone.

I re-enabled wifi and both my phone signal and wifi stayed gray, I then turned on my bluetooth and connected a headset

I then tried dialing ##847446# which I thought was the virgin setup number and then I noticed my wifi working again.

At this point I was able to disable location services.

If I have location services disabled and then I disable my wifi the location services come back online and I can't disable them.

Just a little update:
    Having the wifi enabled and being connected and showing blue bars for signal and maintaining the bluetooth I couldn't disable GPS satellites in location services.

The second I disabled my bluetooth locations services disabled immediately.
    tdm likes this.
    04-04-2012 12:06 AM
    No WiFi, no 3G, rebooted multiple times - no go. I even booted into CWM and re-wiped everything again, reinstalled, nothing.

I did accidently install alpha8 over alpha7, and everything seemed fine. I only wiped and installed from scratch to prevent errors - oops. I'm going to try loading alpha 7, then flashing alpha 8 on top.

On the plus side, the graphics seem faster to me
    04-04-2012 12:11 AM
    Yes it's unfortunate that things have regressed. The CM team is huge and they are all checking in changes at a great rate. I don't expect much stability from CM9 for at least a couple months. In the meantime, we get some good builds and some bad builds. I'll try to pick up the pace on builds so we have a better chance at finding good ones.

It seems that AOKP moves much slower, so perhaps those that value stability over CM features will like it better.
    mjs2011 likes this.
    04-04-2012 12:16 AM
    It's all good ..this is part of the fun thanks again for all you and the devs do. I'll keep you guys posted on my findings with the 3g and wifi.
    04-04-2012 12:27 AM
    Lol am i the only one that everything works fine (except mms) even with better graphics lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-04-2012 12:35 AM
    Yea I did a dirty flash at first and noticed quite an improvement in graphics quality. Everything worked just fine except 3g and youtube. Sooo I did a proper flash to try and fix them and that is when everything got funky, I had the exact same symptoms everyone described above. To fix everything but 3g and youtube just flash ALPHA7 and let it boot; at this point setup your notification power widget as you would like, then reboot into recovery and format /cache and wipe dalvik and flash ALPHA8 on top. But for now I just prefer to lay back with my working 3g and youtube on ALPHA 7 until a more reliable build comes out as ALPHA 7 has proven itself to be pretty stable on my phone.

Thank you TDM for all of your hard work, even though we have hit a small bump in the road, if it weren't for you TDM there wouldn't be a road for the bump to be.

Edit: The MAIN reason I reverted to Alpha 7 is that installing non market apps would not work
    04-04-2012 12:59 AM
    OK, WiFi does seem to be dodgy. Works for a while, stops. Reboots may or may not fix. Airplane mode doesn't help. Airplane mode has problems (won't stay on. Turn it on in settings, go back, turns off). Turn airplane mode on via power button, can't turn it off).
    I am grateful to TDM and all the other folks helping on this, a great thing is being done at a remarkable pace. I sure don't mind wading through a few bugs to help these folks get ICS running well for all of us, I am glad to help. Keep up the good work! We appreciate it all.
    04-04-2012 01:02 AM
    Thanks tdm.

Just throwing it out there but do you think there's any chance it was a bad upload. I love mediafire and all but I've had errors before when uploading music. Just a thought.
    04-04-2012 07:07 AM
    I just wiped cache, dalvik, and flashed it and everything is working fine for me so far.on 3g right now.

Edit: No WiFi, but I didn't full wipe, so ignore my heathen ways
    04-04-2012 07:41 AM
    I think I did something wrong. Is the Android version supposed to be listed as 2.3.7? This looks and feels a lot more like Gingerbread than ICS.

My apologies for sounding like a noob...
    04-04-2012 09:26 AM
    Thanks tdm.

Just throwing it out there but do you think there's any chance it was a bad upload. I love mediafire and all but I've had errors before when uploading music. Just a thought.
    The md5 on the OP was updated with the link. That should catch any corrupted files.

Code:
    adb shell md5sum /sdcard/quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip
    04-04-2012 09:40 AM
    I think I did something wrong. Is the Android version supposed to be listed as 2.3.7? This looks and feels a lot more like Gingerbread than ICS.

My apologies for sounding like a noob...
    You must have flashed IHO by mistake. It should be obvious which you're running. The two are pretty radically different pretty much everywhere you look, from the boot animation on.
    04-04-2012 09:42 AM
    Hey tdm, do you still have the file for Alpha 7? I'd like to go back to that. I can't get wi-fi to work even with full-wipe.
    04-04-2012 10:02 AM
    Hey tdm, do you still have the file for Alpha 7? I'd like to go back to that. I can't get wi-fi to work even with full-wipe.
    quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha7.zip
    tdm, agrinc95 and Jsadik like this.
    04-04-2012 10:22 AM
    The md5 on the OP was updated with the link. That should catch any corrupted files.

Code:
    adb shell md5sum /sdcard/quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip
    ok thanks! i'll be patient for the next release, though i'm really intrigued by your upcoming AOKP release. i tried it a couple weeks ago and it was awesome, other than the phone force closing.
    04-04-2012 10:24 AM
    Wi-Fi is working just fine for me. Make sure to do a complete wipe including formatting boot and system under mounts and storage. Noticeable improvement in performance. 3G still spotty.

All in all great update. Props to you tdm!
    04-04-2012 10:30 AM
    I used leslie's wiping zip once then flashed rom and everything works after the second reboot

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-04-2012 10:35 AM
    Wi-Fi is working just fine for me. Make sure to do a complete wipe including formatting boot and system under mounts and storage. Noticeable improvement in performance. 3G still spotty.

All in all great update. Props to you tdm!
    Are you using WEP or WPA to connect?

I couldn't get wifi to connect at all to the google servers. It turns gray, but never turns blue and never allowed me to complete the setup. I cancelled it and rebooted a total of 8 times, checking for connectivity each time, but nothing.

I went back to IHO for the time being, but if I could get the wifi to connect, I'd be good.

Thanks.
    04-04-2012 10:45 AM
    does Leslie's wiping also wipe boot? i don't know that it would necessarily make a difference, but before Leslie's wipe zip came out i would usually format everything individually. makes me wonder if everyone else having the major Wifi issues also used Leslie's wipe zip.
    04-04-2012 10:48 AM
    does Leslie's wiping also wipe boot? i don't know that it would necessarily make a difference, but before Leslie's wipe zip came out i would usually format everything individually. makes me wonder if everyone else having the major Wifi issues also used Leslie's wipe zip.
    Sorry, I don't know what wipe.zip is. I formatted everything individually, twice each, and I am having major wifi issues.

Rob
    04-04-2012 10:50 AM
    You must have flashed IHO by mistake. It should be obvious which you're running. The two are pretty radically different pretty much everywhere you look, from the boot animation on.
    I downloaded the file that is linked to in the original post, with yesterday's date beside it. Is that the wrong one?

The filename was quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip.
    04-04-2012 10:54 AM
    Sorry, I don't know what wipe.zip is. I formatted everything individually, twice each, and I am having major wifi issues.

Rob
    ah ok. rules that out then.
    04-04-2012 10:55 AM
    I downloaded the file that is linked to in the original post, with yesterday's date beside it. Is that the wrong one?

The filename was quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip.
    Did you wipe everything?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-04-2012 11:13 AM
    Are you using WEP or WPA to connect?

I couldn't get wifi to connect at all to the google servers. It turns gray, but never turns blue and never allowed me to complete the setup. I cancelled it and rebooted a total of 8 times, checking for connectivity each time, but nothing.

I went back to IHO for the time being, but if I could get the wifi to connect, I'd be good.

Thanks.
    WEP. Make sure to do a FULL wipe, including data, cache, dalvik and also under mounts and storage, boot and system. I did it twice for good measure. I wiped the sd-ext partition too but I don't think that should matter if its not implemented in the ROM at first boot.
    04-04-2012 11:21 AM
8,044 ... 8990919293 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD