07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 9091929394 ...
tools
    WEP. Make sure to do a FULL wipe, including data, cache, dalvik and also under mounts and storage, boot and system. I did it twice for good measure. I wiped the sd-ext partition too but I don't think that should matter if its not implemented in the ROM at first boot.
    I think it is implemented in alpha8.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-04-2012 10:31 AM
    I think it is implemented in alpha8.

I meant along the lines of an app2sd or data2ext script.

*Edit*

Another thing, I made sure to turn Wi-FI off before the wipe/flash process. I don't know if that could cause an issue but I thought I would throw that out there.
    04-04-2012 10:42 AM
    Anyone having issues with Amazon app store? Keeps telling me info is wrong? Works on the web.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-04-2012 10:47 AM
    WEP. Make sure to do a FULL wipe, including data, cache, dalvik and also under mounts and storage, boot and system. I did it twice for good measure. I wiped the sd-ext partition too but I don't think that should matter if its not implemented in the ROM at first boot.
    Thanks, I did a full wipe (boot, cache, data, system, dalvik, sd-card, and sd-ext), but it still wouldn't connect. I also tried flashing the gapps separately (I know it's already included) but to no avail.

I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure out whats going on and come up with a solution.

Maybe I'll plug in my old router configured for WEP and give that a try.

Thanks,

Rob
    04-04-2012 10:52 AM
    Thanks, I did a full wipe (boot, cache, data, system, dalvik, sd-card, and sd-ext), but it still wouldn't connect. I also tried flashing the gapps separately (I know it's already included) but to no avail.

I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure out whats going on and come up with a solution.

Maybe I'll plug in my old router configured for WEP and give that a try.

Thanks,

Rob
    Uh oh. Hope you backed up everything on your sd card before you wiped it. >.<
    04-04-2012 10:57 AM
    Uh oh. Hope you backed up everything on your sd card before you wiped it. >.<
    LOL, of course! :-)
    04-04-2012 11:01 AM
    i just think it's so odd that there are a couple people with no WIFI issues whatsoever. i wonder what they did differently or what is different with their phones. i would hate for tdm to chase down a bug that doesn't exist.
    04-04-2012 12:09 PM
    Umm tdm, just thought I'd let you know that the voice command doesn't work.. I did a full wipe, and it still doesn't work. And for the people who's wifi that doesn't work, mine works perfectly fine.but my 3g is still spotty.
    tdm likes this.
    04-04-2012 12:13 PM
    Did you wipe everything?
    Everything except the SD card.
    04-04-2012 12:14 PM
    Umm tdm, just thought I'd let you know that the voice command doesn't work.. I did a full wipe, and it still doesn't work. And for the people who's wifi that doesn't work, mine works perfectly fine.but my 3g is still spotty.
    Can you give details about your ROM flash and your wifi settings? What did you wipe before flashing and are you on WEP or WPA?

Thanks,
    Rob
    04-04-2012 12:22 PM
    agreed with Rob. Braxton, could you please post the exact steps you took when flashing the ROM? just wondering it it's a real touchy one.
    robwalters72 likes this.
    04-04-2012 12:44 PM
    I too was having major wifi issues. Did a full wipe (dalvik cache, all partitions except /sdcard, etc. according to the stickied rooting/flashing guide) before flashing. The first few boots the wifi didn't work, but after 2 or 3 it began to work (WPA on my home network). The phone was working fine for a few hours, but then later on when I went to grab it and just got a black screen with no response (not sure why). Had to pull the battery to reboot. After that, no dice on the wifi.

The wifi icon turns gray but never turns blue and web pages never load. I had made a backup of my alpha7 ROM and so far I'm back to that.

There were a few other things that seemed to not work quite right: enabling airplane mode didn't display the airplane icon, some flickering when clicking some menu options (specifically in clock->alarm->change sound).
    robwalters72 likes this.
    04-04-2012 01:20 PM
    Has anyone had success with a dirty install? I remember reading last night that someone tried it and it worked but then they realized what they did and did a full wipe.
    04-04-2012 01:51 PM
    This happens to me on any ROM. I assume it has something to do with similarities in the way we both set up and use our phones.
    Don't know if this is a router issue or not. Resetting the router after flashing a ROM to your phone may solve this according to a post I saw from Jerry.

Yeah unfortunately I did the same. Wifi just seemed to completely break for me too. Tried airplane mode, reboots, everything.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    I had the same problems with the first flash. It said it was connecting but every time I tried to login to Google it came back saying that a reliable connection to the network could not be established.

Checked MD5 sum of zip file on SD card to make sure it copied correctly ; it did. Re-wiped and re-flashed anyway. Skipped the Setup Wizard the second time through. Tried using the browser, no connection. Rebooted. Tried the Play Store, managed to make it through and download and install some apps.

So, maybe try skipping the Setup Wizard. But that may not be what the actual fix is. I wan't really methodical about the way I did it and the things I tried. I didn't re-set my router though.
    04-04-2012 01:52 PM
    Has anyone had success with a dirty install? I remember reading last night that someone tried it and it worked but then they realized what they did and did a full wipe.
    I saw that too. I was going to try that but got distracted.

Back in 15 with a report.
    04-04-2012 02:01 PM
    I saw that too. I was going to try that but got distracted.

Back in 15 with a report.
    I restored my nandroid backup of alpha7, booted into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik, then flashed alpha8 and rebooted.

Wifi connected right away and turned blue, but no 3g when I turned it off. I did the airplane/data toggle a bunch of times, but still no 3g.

Rebooted. Still no wifi. No 3g either. Toggled again, still nothing.

Another reboot and still nothing.

Sorry no good results to mention, but how cool am I that I quoted myself.

Rob

EDIT*******

After another reboot, 3g is working. I am downloading from the play store as we speak. Checking wifi.

Wifi is working. At first, it didn't connect, but after a single airplane toggle, it came right up. Go figure.
    mjs2011 likes this.
    04-04-2012 02:30 PM
    Yeah, the wifi bug is so weird because for about an hour last night, it was working great, no issues with anything other than wallpaper changes not sticking right away, and then all of a sudden, BAM, gone. 4 reboots and still no wifi.
    glarepate likes this.
    04-04-2012 03:05 PM
    The AOKP build is up, and the extras files for both CM9 and AOKP. Check the OP. Also had to change the thread title since it's not CM9 only anymore.

Unfortunately, after syncing the AOKP repo, it had the same audio issues as CM9 and I had to use the same fix. So it suffers from the same audio issues with bluetooth etc.

I don't know what caused this. Could have been the 4.0.4 update or it could be that AOKP pulled in some other external change that CM9 also pulled in. Either way it's pretty frustrating. I'll try to get it fixed or revert back to older code soon.
    04-04-2012 03:09 PM
    woo hoo! can't wait to try AOKP again!
    04-04-2012 03:12 PM
    woo hoo! can't wait to try AOKP again!
    Sorry if this was asked before, what is AOKP?

04-04-2012 03:14 PM
    Sorry if this was asked before, what is AOKP?

it's basically like CM9 but with a lot of built in theming options.
    04-04-2012 03:19 PM
    aokp= android open kang project... :-)
    04-04-2012 03:24 PM
    Sorry I took so long, but go into recovery. Make a complete backup (extremely recommended) once that's complete, do a factory reset, the wipe partition cache. Go into advanced options, and wipe dalvik cache. I did these steps twice just to be safe. Then go to the install zip from SD card option and install the rom, btw I'm using alpha 8, then you just reboot, the first boot takes a while, but it turns on eventually, so don't panic.

If anything goes wrong just boot into recovery and restore your phone!
    04-04-2012 03:32 PM
    wish my sd card had enough free space to make a nandroid backup. oh well, just have to live dangerously

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk
    04-04-2012 03:34 PM
    wish my sd card had enough free space to make a nandroid backup. oh well, just have to live dangerously
    Same here... I never use nandroids anyway, I just flash one of the dozens of other zips I have when I screw up.

Sent from my pirate ship
    04-04-2012 03:41 PM
8,044 ... 9091929394 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD