ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Like Leslieann said this is alpha,not meant for daily. It may act like it but so many things dont work. I rely on my OV for mostly everything. Probally restore my IHO backup later. I will stay close to this thread.

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

The only problem I see thus far for people who use this alpha build as a daily driver would be the 3G and messing with it everyday or every reboot to get it to work.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

but for an alpha it runs well to be some peoples daily driver im just mnessing with backep up stuff on my ics rom so i have no probloms restoring

Actually, it doesn't and you shouldn't expect it.
ICS working on the OV isn't even 24 hours old, and this rom isn't even half that. The devs are still testing and working out major issues. If the devs don't know for certain what to expect, the average user can't.

I know you all have a lot of faith in the devs here, but most roms get at least some sort of testing, this is not only brand spanking new and very different, but pretty much completely untested. This is the sort of thing the devs normally do behind the scenes, not out front where all all of you can play with it. You are all playing fast and loose, and it's not something normal users should be doing. You don't know if that next setting will trigger the cpu to go nuts, cause the battery to over-charge, or completely brick your phone (all three of which have happened on other phones) and many of you will really be in a jam if something serious happens.

I'm not trying to single anyone out, or be a b*tch, I'm just saying, be careful.
When the devs are saying it's not ready for daily use, you should probably listen.

xxdarklgxx

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

The only problem I see thus far for people who use this alpha build as a daily driver would be the 3G and messing with it everyday or every reboot to get it to work.

Well I'm trying it for 2 days or so to see if 3g is ever dropped completely for me or any kind of reboot and I'll post whether or not I did encounter any other issues.If anything happens to the phone I really would care as I can go get another one don't mind.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Well I'm trying it for 2 days or so to see if 3g is ever dropped completely for me or any kind of reboot and I'll post whether or not I did encounter any other issues.If anything happens to the phone I really would care as I can go get another one don't mind.

im sorry i didnt kniow the harm that was impending....

agreed but one thing leslie said that did scare me is battery overcharge.. i thi=nk ill nbackup my icd s tonight restore gb for a charge then go back to test some more.. i have a doctors appoint ment tommorow and a computer job... great for some battery tests and 3G ytests

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Ur very right Leslieann,no telling what could happen. But we all take a risk when we mess with custom roms. A year ago i didnt know much of anything about this stuff. Now I dont think twice about flashing a rom,but this is different. Everyone be carefull.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

without the proper kernel ics doesnt know what your phones limits are and what it can handle im assuming its an s kernel with IS NOT THE SAME

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

i was going to use this as my daily driver but leslie brought things to my attition i was not aware of before

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Careful you haven't always had the best of luck with the optimus. ;)

hey eaisy with thiose words ben ive had horrble luck with my devil v but not to piss anyone off im aware of the dangers but ics was super smooth on my v backside wins with everything working thou

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm not trying to scare monger, odds of any of that is extremely slim, the point is, all of this is testing to find out this sort of stuff no matter how slim the chances. It's all lots of fun, just don't get ahead of yourselves and destroy your phone. They are tough little buggers, but not unbreakable.

If I destroy mine, I have another phone, it's on my head and I have to pay for it. It's a lot different for someone who can barely make their phone payment or has to explain to their parents why their phone suddenly died and they need a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance