ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

but im not here to start amny arguments... i think its a good rom with alot working for an alpha 2 but it has alot of work to go i bet the iho roms were the same way. its co mpletely understood there are bugs but IHO is great for now

BGOszman

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm not trying to scare monger, odds of any of that is extremely slim, the point is, all of this is testing to find out this sort of stuff no matter how slim the chances. It's all lots of fun, just don't get ahead of yourselves and destroy your phone. They are tough little buggers, but not unbreakable.

If I destroy mine, I have another phone, it's on my head and I have to pay for it. It's a lot different for someone who can barely make their phone payment or has to explain to their parents why their phone suddenly died and they need a new one.

I have to say, thank you for pointing out the facts wether people like them or not. I have been using the latest builds posted as they happened. I was hoping to be able to help with getting some bugs posted for you. I haven't been able to though since every issue I have had someone else has already posted. I do plan to keep using the alpha build and hope to help with any bugs there may be. The flip side of that coin though is, maybe, just keep the builds under wraps within the dev community until there is a stable ROM to launch. I am not a dev, I thank those that are, and haters gonna hate. Leslie, I think maybe people can wait for something stable if they're just going to ignore warnings. Then again, maybe they could use a paperwight.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I have to say, thank you for pointing out the facts wether people like them or not. I have been using the latest builds posted as they happened. I was hoping to be able to help with getting some bugs posted for you. I haven't been able to though since every issue I have had someone else has already posted. I do plan to keep using the alpha build and hope to help with any bugs there may be. The flip side of that coin though is, maybe, just keep the builds under wraps within the dev community until there is a stable ROM to launch. I am not a dev, I thank those that are, and haters gonna hate. Leslie, I think maybe people can wait for something stable if they're just going to ignore warnings. Then again, maybe they could use a paperwight.

Posting it or not is each devs decision and at this point it's out of the bag, it won't go back in. All we can do is warn them.
People want what they want and I can't blame them, I like to play too.

BGOszman

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Yes, what's done is done. I understand that you can't unpost something, and I know that people want this. That's why I've been watching and trying my best to help the dev team within my own capacity. I'm just refering to future alpha builds with potential to brick the phone. Personally, I will continue to help test any build released, if the dev team decides not to cut us off, with the knowledge that I might end up making a trip to buy another one. I'm just pointing out the general ignorance and herd mentallity people can exhibit. I apologize if I have offended in any way previously.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Posting it or not is each devs decision and at this point it's out of the bag, it won't go back in. All we can do is warn them.
People want what they want and I can't blame them, I like to play too.

leslie i dont think ive ever said this before but your signature is reailly funny IMHO

Reactions: LeslieAnn

BGOszman

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

By the way, I almost forgot. I doubt it will make any difference to the dev team, but, I got curious. I wanted to see if I could get a more permanent fix to the 3g issue on my phone to stick. So, I did a full wipe and flashed my stock ROM backup. I went through the activation process that customer service has you do any time you call them. Then, flashed back to ICS with a full wipe ignoring the data on purpose. No luck there. Like I said, probably won't help any. Saw later on in someone else's post (I think yours), that this issue may be linked to the kernel.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've just downloaded, and will be flashing shortly. This will be a double test, I'm going to be using BigSuperSquid's multirom recovery to dual boot this with BACKside. I'll post my results.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryScript

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
To the themers out there: would I be able to port over the Res (specifically drawable-mdpi) from a working keyboard into the non working latinime.apk? Or would I need to do a lot more with regraphing points, etc?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to remind everyone that this is not only a new ROM, but a new OS. This means if you have issues with apps, it could very well be that the app is not yet compatible with ICS.

You can usually check the app's update info in the market under the apps What's New section, and in some cases on the dev's website, to see if it is ICS compatible. Most apps will work fine, but there will be some that use functionality that has been changed in ICS.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to remind everyone that this is not only a new ROM, but a new OS. This means if you have issues with apps, it could very well be that the app is not yet compatible with ICS.

You can usually check the app's update info in the market under the apps What's New section, and in some cases on the dev's website, to see if it is ICS compatible. Most apps will work fine, but there will be some that use functionality that has been changed in ICS.

Probably explains why navigation doesn't work right.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Actually, it doesn't and you shouldn't expect it.
ICS working on the OV isn't even 24 hours old, and this rom isn't even half that. The devs are still testing and working out major issues. If the devs don't know for certain what to expect, the average user can't.

I know you all have a lot of faith in the devs here, but most roms get at least some sort of testing, this is not only brand spanking new and very different, but pretty much completely untested. This is the sort of thing the devs normally do behind the scenes, not out front where all all of you can play with it. You are all playing fast and loose, and it's not something normal users should be doing. You don't know if that next setting will trigger the cpu to go nuts, cause the battery to over-charge, or completely brick your phone (all three of which have happened on other phones) and many of you will really be in a jam if something serious happens.

I'm not trying to single anyone out, or be a b*tch, I'm just saying, be careful.
When the devs are saying it's not ready for daily use, you should probably listen.

I'm going to keep running this as im pretty confident in what im doing, the kernel thing might be a problem for people... because ive OCd to 864 on iho just fine, but the moment i went there on ics last night all my hardware buttons froze:/ its running stable now at 806 because i immediatwly changed it and rebooted. Like you said... alpha could spell trouble for many of us. All i use is the messaging app gmail and the browser so i dont think il be running into to mny problems. Has anyone figured out where we should post reports on bugs, or should we just post here? Becaus it sems like this thread is getting so mNy psts tht it will be hard for any of the dvs to locate the posts bout bugs.

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I have been waiting for this and holy h e double hockey sticks. For alpha I'm amazed how smooth the rom is running and how many issues I have not come across. 3g is spotty, for those of you experiencing issues, I discovered connecting to a wifi network and disconnecting from it allowed me to connect to 3g, so a quick fix if anything. wifi seems a bit sluggish, but nothing so far is scaring me away from rocking this build.

After seeing this there is no doubt in my mind we will see it become a solid build.

To all you devs, I've been flashing since the days of aospcmod and have flashed all your roms and\or kernels. I'm thankful to all of you who have continued to bring their ideas and concepts to life and to the hard work put into all of your creations. This made my day yesterday.

Much love!

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
All these red underlined words remind me of my high school reports when the teacher would underline every misspelled word I wrote. (Yes back when I was in high school we had to hand write everything) I used this rom for a whole day and besides the issues everyone has already posted my other downfall is the battery life, but I'm sure when bobzhome gets one of his magical kernels going for ics, that should be improved

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12