ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atmazzz

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

With this talk of flashing kernels, I was wondering if I would have to flash bobzhome kernel back in order to go back to IHO after using the Iscream kernel with Quattrimus? If restoring the backup alone wouldn't fix this, could anyone point me to where Icould download the Bobzhome kernel?

lol, essentially the same question I just asked somewhere else. This is the answer I received.

The kernel is the engine/cpu of the ROM. When you change the kernel your just swapping engines in the ROM/car. It will not effect the ROM you backed up. When you wipe, You will wipe the kernel/engine with the ROM/car

So I'll just restore the backup of BACKside I'm running and be back to normal.

Reactions: Shade808

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So, is the iScream kernel in like, a flashable zip, or what? I'm at work, so I haven't had the chance to check it out.

Sent from my Optimus V on Harmonia 2.

Glenar

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth / car phone

Although Bluetooth readily connects to my car phone no audio is audible in either the sending or receiving part of a conversation. You can, however here the phone ring on the other side through the car speakers . Apparently the phone thinks it is connected to headphones as that is the icon showing on the Bluetooth setup of the phone. If that portion of the rom worked, I would be happy the way it is. Thanks all for your time and effort in developing this.

Reactions: tdm

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Since I haven't seen it on here yet, but I use PDAnet a lot, and after a set period of time the phone goes black and will not turn on or receive any commands, and only work again after removing the battery.

Atmazzz

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

I thought I might have seen this somewhere in this thread. I have a problem using pictures for wallpaper. With gallery and quickpic, the crop looks ok but when I add the wallpaper it is zoomed in and positioned to the right.

I really don't like the way it does widgets. I might have an app that has 12 widgets. Instead of long pressing the screen and choosing one, like normal, it separates them and puts them all in the widgets section of the drawer. Hard to navigate and hard to read because the text is cut off.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Which?

Quattrimus is made for the OV, but I'm currently using an OS kernel from Drew. That will change later this week when I build my own.

Drew's iScream kernel (and all his kernels AFAIK) are for the OS.

Can't wait to see what you come up with tdm. ICS on the OV really is looking promising. Once its had some time to mature it'll hang with our current IHO roms for sure

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if this is a known issue or not; whenever you try to download anything through the browser on this ROM, it fails to grab the file info, and when viewing in the download manager, it goes back and forth between 'failed' and 'in progress'.
I believe this should be resolved before considering it in BETA stage.

Reactions: banmj

Monroy1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

I have noticed a problem with headset sound quality. The right side seems to be a bit louder than the left. I dont think it's my headphones becuase the problem isnt there when using Bobz ROM.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

If I'm reading this correctly, lupohirp says this is an aosp issue that will be fixed in 4.0.4.
How would lupohirp know something like that? Was the information made available somewhere?
My SwiftKey keyboard work perfectly with ics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1