ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

OK, I have once again flashed Quattrimus Alpha 3 after wiping data cache, Dalvik cache, and formatting boot, cache, data, and system. Flashed the gapps and rebooted.
Still no microphone. The system reports it, but apps are not able to initialize it. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my phone. Mic works fine with IHO BACKside.
Edit:
Yes, I am aware that this is Alpha, and understand fully what that means. Nevertheless, if this is a problem with the Alpha release, the Devs should know about it. If it is limited to my phone, it is my problem only.
Thanks

https://github.com/tdm/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues

https://github.com/tdm/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues/10 - probably related.

Reactions: cmerlyn

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I knew that lol it works just fine with the regular rom, but not with the iScream kernel.

and aww... I wanted a sneak peak of the launcher it looks awesome!! :D lol

Weird iScream kernel works fine in that regard for me. I boot looped at first but I gave it an ADB reboot and all was more or less well. I can't change wallpapers from gallery but that was the only standout bug in my initial try. I'll give it another go and see if I can reproduce the bug.

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Looks great! But I have one issue with it, already. If the ROM that you are building is strictly for the OV, I personally wouldn't care for the bar on the bottom. I kinda find it useless since the OV has hardware buttons.
If i want to have that bar, I'll just buy a Samsung Galaxy Nexus or a tablet that has ICS or ICS coming soon.

But that's my opinion. Others may think differently.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Looks great! But I have one issue with it, already. If the ROM that you are building is strictly for the OV, I personally wouldn't care for the bar on the bottom. I kinda find it useless since the OV has hardware buttons.
If i want to have that bar, I'll just buy a Samsung Galaxy Nexus or a tablet that has ICS or ICS coming soon.

But that's my opinion. Others may think differently.

Don't worry. That will be an extra flash. I personally like it, so maybe other people will? Who knows..

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eollie

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Don't worry. That will be an extra flash. I personally like it, so maybe other people will? Who knows..

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

The biggest thing about it is the real estate on a already small screen.
On bigger phone it is nice but 4" and smaller it is IMO unnecessary.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

There's an option to change the dimensions of it in an xml. I'm trying to find a nice fit for our screen. But like I said, I like it, and it won't be in the ROM itself, so it's only for people who find a fancy in it.

Reactions: mjs2011

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Lupohirp just fixed camera, but alas no video. Woot!
I'm trying to see what he did. Wonder if he's pushed to git yet? Lol

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

New build: quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha4.zip.
md5: 976478bb1b9eeda18674039ae96d5c27

Changes:
* gapps is now included, slightly stripped (thanks LeslieAnn).
* Removed some high dpi images, gained at least 10mb.
* Removed CM DSP stuff, JP/CN keyboards, VideoEditor.
* Added SpareParts, Development
* Now runs sysinit, which mounts /sd-ext and puts dalvik cache on /sd-ext if possible
* Updated apns-conf.xml from BobZhome (thanks!), need someone to test MMS

This weighs in just 1mb more than alpha3 which didn't have gapps.

Also, spent the better part of the day trying to wade through the LG kernel drops for the LS670 Froyo, VM670 Froyo, and LS670 Gingerbread to start sorting things out. All I can say is there's lots to wade through and it'll be a couple days before we have a kernel we can call our own.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll try it later. One question, does the phone recognize headphones in this build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Gapsy

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

Alpha 3 is working flawlessly for me so I will stick with it until we get Camera/video working. Great work so far!

LEET

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

doesnt look like mms is working for me :( ill re post if it goes through later, but regualr texts and 3g connection seem to be normal for my home location. runnig smooth. i have been running alpha 3 for about 2 days straight. seems your not far from beta ;)

note* running alpha four for about an hour and first thing i did was send a mms

Last edited:

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Wow, this new ROM gave leapyear a whole new meaning! Instead of one extra day, we get 92 extra days in February! ;)

That's because you guys already finished ics, in the Twilight Zone....

But I'll flash this right away and test out the mms (that's the main thing I was looking for along with voice to text, does that work btw?)

Also, has anyone had a problem with Google Navigation?

Google Navigation doesn't work correctly. It will start normally, then as soon as it tells you the first thing to do (turn right for example) it says "unfortunately maps has closed" and gives the send error or exit thing.

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Mms is still broken for me too. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Hmm.. if you're using my google apps, I believe I might've deleted something to do with Nav. Although that might just be my curiousity.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae