ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

if its any constellation, i haven't had any charging issues, you just gotta leave your phone alone while charging sometimes, or your charger is starting to go bad, (tends to happen after a while, happened to mine, and is a known issue with the original charger). or it could be any of the other issues that TDM has already stated.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
There have been a couple reports of charging issues. I suspect it's one or more of:

* CPU isn't sleeping enough to charge well (there's been a report of failure to enter deep sleep).
* Drew's kernel isn't calling for as much juice as IHO.
* CM9 has battery reporting issues.
Sorry, I forgot that in my report on alpha 2: indeed, it never enters deep sleep (according to cpu spy). I light of that, battery drain was surprisingly reasonable. Not like iho/mirage by any means, but not terrible either.

Edit: overnight charging worked fine as I left it in recovery mode.

FabioCZ

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Successfully flashed the Feb 20 alpha 4 build. I love the increased phone space ;)
All of the gapps except Talk and Youtube are there. I wouldn't mind youtube so much as video doesn't work yet. I would like Talk though.

I also have the search app twice - one with a new blue 'g' icon (this one is a good ICS version), and another one with an old ugly magnifying glass logo (this one is an old version, fc's when I try to enter settings for the app). =

Reactions: Jsadik

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Partial success with MMS.

I hacked blarf's MMS code into CM9 (which is truly a hack, as the code has been refactored). The messaging app recognized an incoming MMS from my wife's phone (another VM phone) and showed the message size with a download button.

Unfortunately, pressing the button just says "Cant' download right now. Try again later."

So now I have an MMS reference in my phone that I can try to fetch tomorrow...

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Try this copy of Youtube if you are having trouble.

Keep getting "application not installed".

The first thing that I noticed in alpha4, is the boot animation is not as smooth and liquid-like as alpha3. Just a mere observation.

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I noticed that too and the first boot my apps didn't work but when I rebooted it said optimizing apps and worked after that but still no 3g for me idk why

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I noticed that too and the first boot my apps didn't work but when I rebooted it said optimizing apps and worked after that but still no 3g for me idk why

to get 3G working, try turning on airplane mode, and then turning it off. i still had to do this to get 3G to work in alpha4.

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
to get 3G working, try turning on airplane mode, and then turning it off. i still had to do this to get 3G to work in alpha4.

Yeah I tried that but no joy. Oh well hopefully next build is better :) hey what are the different levels of builds and the differences? Like alpha, beta, etc.? :)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

That part all depends what the developer is comfortable with calling an alpha, beta, and so on.
Some developers might even consider this ROM to be out of BETA stage due to stability alone, and not the features and function of service or apps.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This ics port is beta at best, usually alpha comes out to find all major errors (ie 3g wifi camera etc), once the known errors are addressed it goes to beta. Beta testing is for all major functions working but small things like battery percentage not showing up or any thing non functional. Once everything that should be working properly is working, then it goes to stable and is ready for optimization

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jsadik

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Copied it to data/app - didnt show up in app drawer after reboot
Copied it to system/app - shows up in app drawer, but still says "unfortunately youtube has stopped" when trying to play a video..
i used es file explorer, with Super User rights allowed, and write to system enabled.
and website still doesnt play videos.
so im assuming that video playback(streaming) has not been fixed in this build yet.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Copied it to data/app - didnt show up in app drawer after reboot
Copied it to system/app - shows up in app drawer, but still says "unfortunately youtube has stopped" when trying to play a video..
i used es file explorer, with Super User rights allowed, and write to system enabled.
and website still doesn't play videos.
so I'm assuming that video playback(streaming) has not been fixed in this build yet.

I copied it in each location to no avail. Used root explorer.

Sent from your mom's phone.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Apparently not, bummer.

I believe it might be that, I know I have this problem not sure bout anyone else. But, the fact I can't get any video to play.whether it be gallery of old videos. Or browser vids.

Aside from just now trying mx video player. I can watch browser videos through it fine. But anything tak4n from the phone itself is laggy.

Sent from your mom's phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma