ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliverpuczyk

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Just flashed the ALPHA5 build after doing a full wipe three times. i go to settings and its still showing the IScream kernel. how do i get rid of it. Also the phone keeps freezing and force rebooting every few minutes no matter what im doing.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the supposed mic fix and this is what I got:
62fda70a-9363-89db.jpg

Any suggestions?

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

i just noticed why doesnt wifi show signal strength in the status bar i havent seen this reported

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site

I flashed alpha5 couple hours ago,and it seems to run better than alpha4. Wifi connects better,and 3g works better,flashed mic fix too. Im impressed,gonna let it run for a couple days for sure.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Please do not do this.
If you do, do NOT bother mentioning any bugs you find. Everything needs to be taken from a clean slate, otherwise you throw in entirely too many variables.

That's what I've been doing (with the exception of the first time I've flashed alpha2).
And I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary.

cr42ydude

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

for everyone that hates the keyboard being funky i suggest installing swype. WORKs FANTABULOUS!! Lol

whatthefreak

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

Introducing quattrimus: ICS for the Optimus V

There is a bug tracker here. If it becomes more of an annoyance to me than a help, I'll turn it off or just ignore it, so please use it wisely:
  • Please don't file duplicate issues. Search for your issue both in this thread and in the bug tracker before filing a new issue.
  • Please use this for quattrimus specific bugs at the moment. I'm not fixing CM9 issues yet. If you have another CM9 device to compare behavior, that would be ideal.

How can I tell the difference between a quattrimus bug and a CM9 bug?

Only CM9 bugs (like the battery percentage bug?) go on github?

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Here's one I spotted for quattrimus alpha5: The phone will not vibrate when receiving a txt on 'vibrate mode.'

i just tested this and mine works just fine. You need to make sure that you have vibration enabled in the message app settings

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed the ALPHA5 build after doing a full wipe three times. i go to settings and its still showing the IScream kernel. how do i get rid of it. Also the phone keeps freezing and force rebooting every few minutes no matter what im doing.
If you truly wiped everything (and it worked), there is no way for that to still be there unless it's in the rom.
If you wipe system, boot and dalvik it should be gone. There is nowhere else for it to hide.

That's what I've been doing (with the exception of the first time I've flashed alpha2).
And I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary.
That you know of.
The problem is that if you do, encounter something, you can't tell if it's from that or not.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

And that's when I do a full wipe to make sure.
And I think that the iSceam kernel is included in alpha 5.. and I also noticed that the build date is the same as alpha4 in about phone.. I did several wipes to make sure, and redownloaded alpha 5 and reflashed.. still shows iScream kernel, and February 20th build date.. instead of the listed February 21st build date that the op indicated.
So either something went wrong with alpha 5 or the info in the ROM is wrong.
I suggest everyone checking about phone settings that is using alpha 5 build.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

If you truly wiped everything (and it worked), there is no way for that to still be there unless it's in the rom.
If you wipe system, boot and dalvik it should be gone. There is nowhere else for it to hide.

That you know of.
The problem is that if you do, encounter something, you can't tell if it's from that or not.

I can actually confirm that this is occurring. I full wiped it twice as well and the iScream kernel still shows up in my About Phone section. Just to make sure I'm doing the full wipe correctly, let me type the steps I take:
1. Wipe Cache Partition two times (just to be sure)
2. Go to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache (do it twice as well which I usually do for all steps)
3. Go to Mounts and Storage > Format /boot (twice)
4. Format /cache (twice)
5. Format /data (twice)
6. Format /sd-ext (twice)
7. Format /system (twice)

Then install the zips. The iScream kernel is still there afterwards. I'm using IHO Recovery 4.0.1.4.3 just in case this information is needed. Any ideas?

EDIT: Yes the only thing I can think of is that the iScream kernel is now default for this ROM and was included in the alpha5.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Yup, that's a full wipe.
Its odd if iScream kernel is the default, unless drew gave tdm permission to put it into the ROM. I remember reading from both drew and tdm that drew does not want the iSceam kernel to be included in any ROMs but instead downloaded and installed separately.

And exprophecy, under about phone, what does your build date say? Since you are also using alpha 5, it SHOULD say Tuesday February 21st... but it doesn't, does it.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Oops, I just flashed it back to BACKside man.. >_< I'll flash back to this CM9 after camera, navigation, and video are functional.

BUT man this ROM is pretty stable and smooth for an alpha. Kudos kudos kudos tdm and all the devs!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Could be that tdm didn't include a kernel with alpha 5 so its just remaining as the default kernel since there's none to replace it.

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I actually just chalked it up to human error on tdm's part unless he was given permission to use the kernel by drew.

Sent from my LG Optimus V for Vendetta using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Strange problem.. does it go away when you flash a different rom? Try recovering to a backup and check about phone to see if it's there then one you can confirm its gone do a complete wipe and flash alpha 5 again

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz