ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Could be that tdm didn't include a kernel with alpha 5 so its just remaining as the default kernel since there's none to replace it.

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

If the boot, system and dalvik are wiped, it's gone.
There is no way to return once that is done.

Either he included it, or the wipe failed AND it failed to overwrite, the latter is less likely.

If you want to be sure, format everything and reboot, it shouldn't, better yet, flash Harmonia 1, verify everything, then do everything again and put ICS.

Masema

May 27, 2011
Visit site
New build: quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha4.zip.
(...)
* Now runs sysinit, which mounts /sd-ext and puts dalvik cache on /sd-ext if possible

Can anyone confirm sd-ext is working? I already had a partition I was using on IHO, but I can't find any evidence of it on quattrimus A5, and Link2SD fails with an error (mount script can't be created, device or resource busy).

And I think that the iSceam kernel is included in alpha 5.. and I also noticed that the build date is the same as alpha4 in about phone.. I did several wipes to make sure, and redownloaded alpha 5 and reflashed.. still shows iScream kernel, and February 20th build date.. instead of the listed February 21st build date that the op indicated.
So either something went wrong with alpha 5 or the info in the ROM is wrong.
I suggest everyone checking about phone settings that is using alpha 5 build.

Indeed, that appears to be the case. I had never installed iScream, but after installing A5 that's what I have:
View attachment 21811

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm sd-ext is working? I already had a partition I was using on IHO, but I can't find any evidence of it on quattrimus A5, and Link2SD fails with an error (mount script can't be created, device or resource busy).

Indeed, that appears to be the case. I had never installed iScream, but after installing A5 that's what I have:
View attachment 21811

I haven't gotten sd-ext to work. dtapps2sd script just makes alpha4 throw a fit and leaves it hanging on the LG logo at boot. I've also had link2sd tell me my sd-ext is not compatible. I haven't checked to see if there were any changes with any of this in alpha5.

Reactions: Masema

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten sd-ext to work. dtapps2sd script just makes alpha4 throw a fit and leaves it hanging on the LG logo at boot. I've also had link2sd tell me my sd-ext is not compatible. I haven't checked to see if there were any changes with any of this in alpha5.

I had link2sd working just fine on alpha 4. I haven't tried 5 yet, I'm going to hold off on the quarto for a while. Im too used to the stability and awesomeness of mirage, to downgrade back to an alpha.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I had link2sd working just fine on alpha 4. I haven't tried 5 yet, I'm going to hold off on the quarto for a while. Im too used to the stability and awesomeness of mirage, to downgrade back to an alpha.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Did you use it with a fat32 partition or sd-ext? Link2sd seems to want a fat32 partition on my phone.

Sent from my LG Optimus V for Vendetta using Tapatalk

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed alpha5 (coming from IHO/ Full wipe) and it is the iScream kernel in the build (maybe an accident?). For those experiencing issues with 3G,toggle airplane mode to get the 3G icon displaying, then connect to a WiFI network and disconnect. This is how I was able to get it working on my phone.

jdownloader214

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, I want to report on my testing.

Android Keyboard - The android keyboard is out of place, this can be easily fix by setting a higher resolution. I used LCD Resolution (android market) and set my OP V to 130dpi. The keyboard is in its place and everything looks better for me.

Wifi and 3G - When I first flashed it, I had about 4 random reboots, wifi issues, and 3G issues when using it. After those 4 reboots, Wifi and 3G works without any issues. Also no more random reboots.

Mic - For the mic not working, I just flashed the mic+fix+for+cm9apha1.zip and mics works, don't know about bluetooth thou.

Camera - Broken, I rarely use it anyways

I have only one question, is GPU hardware acceleration working? The rom runs smooth but I don't see any difference in IHO GB smoothness compared to ICS.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-02-22-16-53-24.png

UoT themes work for it.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryScript

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
There is a video fix coming down the pipe, unfortunately, it doesn't fix it for everyone. It made it into a few Evo builds yesterday.
You mean to play video not a camera fix right? Working camera and mms is the only thing keeping me from using this as my daily at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.