ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Gave up on Alpha 6, went back to 5 via a nandroid backup (always backup before flashing!). Calendar doesn't work there either. Maybe I'll just go back to IHO for a while...

deaver_92

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Gave up on Alpha 6, went back to 5 via a nandroid backup (always backup before flashing!). Calendar doesn't work there either. Maybe I'll just go back to IHO for a while...

Calendar doesn't work because the calendar sync apk was accidentally deleted from the included gapps. It's linked to a couple posts back though.

This message was brought to you by Tapatalk on BACKside

Reactions: cmerlyn

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

New build: quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha6.zip.
md5: f3cacf7806817a7b7941371ca0741b51

Changes:

* Reverted to gingerkernel.
* Possible mic fix, please test.
* Hacked MMS to work, please test.

Note that MMS required a couple of hacks to get it to work.

My code in the SMS dispatcher isn't pretty but should work.

But more importantly, the MMS app wants to use NetworkStats to verify it has connectivity. And NetworkStats in turn wants to use a netfilter module called xt_qtaguid that gingerbread kernels don't have. In fact it doesn't seem that the iScream kernel even has it. My hack is just to turn the failure into a log message in the MMS app. So I think this is the first time MMS has worked on the thunderc (Optimus S/V) running ICS. :D The only issue seems to be that the MMS app will always attempt to connect via 3G even if 3G isn't available and the failure message will take longer to display than it should.

Note this just underscores the importance of having our own kernel. Drew did a wonderful job with gingerkernel and it's gotten us pretty far. But I think it's just about reached the end of where it can take us.

For the devs (jerry, bob, kraven, drew, ...), this is my change to the Mms package:

Code:
diff --git a/src/com/android/mms/transaction/Transaction.java b/src/com/android/mms/transaction/Tran
index f3225e3..5187e29 100644
--- a/src/com/android/mms/transaction/Transaction.java
+++ b/src/com/android/mms/transaction/Transaction.java
@@ -221,7 +221,7 @@ public abstract class Transaction extends Observable {
             } else {
                 if (!connMgr.requestRouteToHost(
                         ConnectivityManager.TYPE_MOBILE_MMS, inetAddr)) {
-                    throw new IOException("Cannot establish route to proxy " + inetAddr);
+                    Log.e("MMS", "Cannot establish route to proxy " + proxyAddr + " for " + url);
                 }
             }
         } else {

Wow, I spend a few extra hours at work, and I come home to this, AWESOME!

I spent 6 hours last nite working on MMS, concentrating on the frameworks, to no avail, you da man!

I'm assuming this includes using the modified CdmaSMSDispatcher.java from mantera's github with Blarf's fixes cribbed in?

Reactions: bohalloran95

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Wait so tdm, did you notice any significant improvements when using the iScream kernel compared to the gingerkernel?

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It says in the description that 3G Data Only is not compatible with ICS.

Ok it may say that but it dont mean it don't work. I'm using it right now without no problems. Market also says flash player is not compatable but does it work yes it does. Also with a few other apps like oovoo just depends on the rom. This isn't a factory 4.0 with build in safe gaurds. So it can be tweeked anyway. ;) peace

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried alpha 6 again. Got one mns to come through but then no others. Also when I tried to do voice search it rebooted the phone. Will keep following the releases

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Mms does not work on my phone . Its OK I'll still use alpha 6. But I have a question about the 3G and data. Knowing it has to be toggled off then on to work, would it be possible to write a script and run it through script manager at start up for a temp fix ?
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Now that MMS is hacked to work, I'd love to try this, but can any devs / people much smarter than me shed some light on why everyone who changes their LCD density is having issues / if it can be fixed? This wasn't ever a problem on IHO and it's sort of a deal breaker for me. Thanks!

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

when i try clicking the MMS "DOwnload" buttion it DCs 3G and wont reconnect untill it gives up trying to download

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Clock is not working after flashing . Other than that, ROM is running smooth. 3g works fine. Great job devs, keep up the good work.

LEET

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

mms still a no go on my end with alpha 6. any one with any luck? if so what did you do?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I spend a few extra hours at work, and I come home to this, AWESOME!

I spent 6 hours last nite working on MMS, concentrating on the frameworks, to no avail, you da man!

I'm assuming this includes using the modified CdmaSMSDispatcher.java from mantera's github with Blarf's fixes cribbed in?

Thanks. :)

Yes it has my hacked up SMS dispatcher changes (that I will rewrite prior to submitting) along with mms_config.xml from the IHO overlay for the Mms package. I believe I left the standard CM apns-conf.xml in there, but you can unzip the ROM to be sure.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Calendar doesn't work because the calendar sync apk was accidentally deleted from the included gapps. It's linked to a couple posts back though.

This message was brought to you by Tapatalk on BACKside
I got that apk and dropped it into /system/app, didn't make any difference. Still can not sync the calendar.
Previously, I had flashed the gapps, but that left me with a broken market app.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Mms does not work on my phone . Its OK I'll still use alpha 6. But I have a question about the 3G and data. Knowing it has to be toggled off then on to work, would it be possible to write a script and run it through script manager at start up for a temp fix ?

If I was going to hack it up, I'd probably start digging through the framework and hack it up to not use the xt_qtaguid stuff. But I'm not going to do that, I'm going to do it the right way and pull in kernel support for it. Time spent is probably equivalent either way, and we need the kernel anyway.

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If I was going to hack it up, I'd probably start digging through the framework and hack it up to not use the xt_qtaguid stuff. But I'm not going to do that, I'm going to do it the right way and pull in kernel support for it. Time spent is probably equivalent either way, and we need the kernel anyway.

Wasn't sure if a script would be a temp fix or not figured id suggest it.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I got that apk and dropped it into /system/app, didn't make any difference. Still can not sync the calendar.
Previously, I had flashed the gapps, but that left me with a broken market app.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks

I went ahead and flashed the gapps, and the calendar now works! Much happier now.
Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac