ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

didnt see jerrys suggestion, must have missed it :/ i thought i read somewhere here that a fix for the camera was found?

I think they mentioned another group had found a way to get the camera working, but aren't releasing their fixes/code till its stable.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Interesting: I put a freshly charged battery in my phone yesterday about noon. It is now almost 7:00 pm, and my phone has about 19% left on the battery. The battery stats, however, state that the battery has been discharging for 11 hours 39 minutes. I guess time really does fly...
I do like Alpha 6, runs very smoothly.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

im just asking about development status we haven't herd much about it recently
but question is anyone elses alarm not working?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Anyone try to pull the browser out and try it in I.H.O.? If no one has I'll give it a go.

gbirecki

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Just curious but I've seen it mentioned that the OV needs its own kernel and TDM posted that he's working on it. What is the benefit of a native kernel for the OV?? The Gingerbreak and iScream sound like they get the job done. Just curious as I don't really understand.

BTW, I've loaded the Alpha's here and really enjoyed them. Thanks for the hard work. Not ready for prime time but really cool!!

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Just curious but I've seen it mentioned that the OV needs its own kernel and TDM posted that he's working on it. What is the benefit of a native kernel for the OV?? The Gingerbreak and iScream sound like they get the job done. Just curious as I don't really understand.

BTW, I've loaded the Alpha's here and really enjoyed them. Thanks for the hard work. Not ready for prime time but really cool!!

The difference is that Gingerbreak and iScream were made more so for OS than the OV, basically building a custom kernel for our phone will provide better stability, better support for are hardware, and properly working 3G, camera, etc.

Reactions: gbirecki

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

im just asking about development status we haven't herd much about it recently
but question is anyone elses alarm not working?

I use it as my alarm clock, been working fine for me. Oh, wait; I use Alarm Clock Extreme, not the stock one.
Free on GetJar.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I've been using the built in alarm clock, and it hasn't failed to wake me yet. ;)

(that's why I was so interested in getting offline-charging working, didn't want a late nite crash to prevent my alarm from getting me up ;))

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I understand the development cycle, it's just unfortunate for me the camera will be last.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

It might be sooner than we thought!

Lupohirp and Arjen appear to have worked out the needed library changes, and others have figured out the necessary kernel modifications. Last I check the only thing not working was the preview window (meh), but that was hours ago, so they may even have fixed that.

Issue now is they are being tight-lipped about their changes. I think they want to be the first with a fully functioning ROM, rather than work with the rest of the community. I'm sure they will share eventually though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance