ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

afro31

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

The wallpaper not scrolling is due to Trebuchet. It scrolls just fine in other launchers.
As far as the sound goes, I was having similar problems before, but found a nice equalizer in one of the markets that really works quite nicely. I currently use my phone as an alarm clock, and use a playlist as the alarm. Pretty nice to wake up to in the morning.

@TDM: Fabulous work. Everything worked as promised, I have had no problems of any sort. I'm lovin' it.

What is the EQ you use?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

@tdm: I'm not sure what changes you made to gapps, but in my builds, if you start from a full wipe/format of boot, system, data, and cache, once you start up ICS, it downloads all your market apps automatically. With your alpha7 (not sure about previous alphas), I get no google account sync on apps?

I believe this has to do with your workaround for including gapps. I don't pre-include, and the gapps setup seems to initiate the google backup process to automatically restore market apps on my builds.

Edit: I wonder if it has something to do with the new Play?

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

@tdm: I'm not sure what changes you made to gapps, but in my builds, if you start from a full wipe/format of boot, system, data, and cache, once you start up ICS, it downloads all your market apps automatically. With your alpha7 (not sure about previous alphas), I get no google account sync on apps?

I believe this has to do with your workaround for including gapps. I don't pre-include, and the gapps setup seems to initiate the google backup process to automatically restore market apps on my builds.

Edit: I wonder if it has something to do with the new Play?

thats odd... my apps have never installed automatically from market... ever... i thought it was odd when i rooted my bros ogdroid, installed cm7 and upon reboot; all his apps auto downloaded... hmmmm.....

workdowg

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Full wipe, all the data tricks and still no 3g. I got the icon. Have to go back to the backside again for a while. Nothing wrong with backside, just wanted to have some ice cream!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Well, 3g and all just works now! I think a full wipe (format - cache,data,system,davlik) did the trick. Plus the airplane move several times... All is good, fast and stable so far.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Looks like it may be a permissions issue, from logcat:
W/PackageManager( 1570): Unknown permission com.android.vending.permission.UPDATE_MARKET_FAILURE in package com.android.vending.updater

The first of many permissions issues listed at that point, may be a red herring, but I'm gonna have to look into ueventd.thunderc.rc ;)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I realize it takes a few days to truly gauge battery life, but so far I'm seeing huge improvements over alpha 6.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it may be a permissions issue, from logcat:
W/PackageManager( 1570): Unknown permission com.android.vending.permission.UPDATE_MARKET_FAILURE in package com.android.vending.updater

The first of many permissions issues listed at that point, may be a red herring, but I'm gonna have to look into ueventd.thunderc.rc ;)

So running fix-permissions might help?

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I realize it takes a few days to truly gauge battery life, but so far I'm seeing huge improvements over alpha 6.

Yep, I knew that xt module would help, no more constant state changes appearing in logcat. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

So running fix-permissions might help?

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

I'm not sure, I need to investigate the ICS permissions a bit deeper, there may be changes I'm not aware of. (probaby are)

Edit @tdm: these new libs are running super smooth! ;)

Reactions: tdm

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Ran Alpha 7 for a few hours last night and runs very good. Great job on this ROM. I couldn't get 3g to connect at all but that may be my crappy coverage at my house. I wanted to test it at work today but was in a hurry and picked up my wife's phone instead of mine.

docliquid

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Everything worth using is working wonderfully, 3g WAS spotty at first, a few airplane toggles got that up and running tho. This has now become my daily :D A big thanks to TDM and all our awesome devs for all their hard work ;)

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

3G is finally working for me, I might need to update my PRL to see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Even though I have 3G it seems as though MMS refuses to work.

Last edited:

docliquid

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Did find something...sorry if this has been addressed, didn't see a post tho...portable wifi hotspots seems to be inop. When I check it, it says "turning wifi on" which it shouldn't be doing anyway, but it does nothing.

destas

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Wifi tethering is not working, it says it's starting up but it never does. That is kind of a big thing for me and a lot of people :-\

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Wifi tethering is not working, it says it's starting up but it never does. That is kind of a big thing for me and a lot of people :-\

Just download an app for it. Only the native tethering is non-functional. I've been tethering on ICS for a while, you just have to use an app instead.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Lol Oi I just noticed an odd problem for me. My phones time had somehow automatically been set to Azerbaijani time which is extremely off since I live in South Florida . It was easily remedied by going into the settings and manually changing time zones but I thought I should mention it.

agrinc95

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having an issue with charging? I'm trying to charge via USB cable through laptop, and it'll take a bunch of plugging in and out to actually start charging it.

Otherwise, this is working great. So smooth and snappy!

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

just finished setup... gonna let it set... I'll test tomorrow... and post anything I find that hasn't already been posted... thank you tdm, and everyone involved with the development of this rom... ;-)

agrinc95

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm not familiar with this. Would that explain why it shows that I am slowly losing percentage of battery left while charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463