ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Kinda surprised anyone is getting "daily driver' functionality out of the ROM at this point. I got nothing but reboots for the 20 minutes I had it installed. Just toggling data connection to try to get 3g back would make it reboot. :confused:

Dir you wipe system,etc....?

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

my phone works great! it gets 8 hours on a charge data even when3G icon is off. .. my pet peeve the "roaming indicator off" thing is gone camera half works so i consider this a beta ROM now just so anyone knows i tried diffrent camera apps from the market and they didnt work

The fact that the camera is partially working is a good step towards the right direction. How are other apps stacking up on this rom? Any problems them not working?

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

i left backside for it (tear) untill jerry gets BACKics or whatever the name may be its stable enough but i wish audio routing worked to like grooveIP

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

I double-wiped EVERYTHING and ran BumbleBee update wiper afterwords just for good measure.

I wiped data/factory reset then wipe system, data, cache. Worked fine for me. No reboots since yesterday already more Dan 12 hours running. Did u flash gapps?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Trying to set up sd-ext. Script I always used on IHO fails due to illegal instruction. And yes, I've installed busybox.

I did a bit of testing. mke2fs and tune2fs are implemented by busybox and they don't support the options you have in your script. But in your screen cap, they seem to run without complaining. Did you get your mke2fs and tune2fs binaries from somewhere else, are they perhaps packaged with this script?

As for the illegal instruction, if these binaries are from somewhere else, my guess is they are compiled for armv7.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

@tdm, I've noticed that whenever a SMS comes in or gets sent, 3G flickers off... why does it do that.

Don't know. I am not really familiar with the networking stuff in Android. Yet. I really need to dig in and get the network routing working for MMS, so I am going to learn soon whether I want to or not.... ;)

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

It seems as though dtapps2sd still causes the rom to hang at the lg logo for me whenever I try to flash it.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Don't know. I am not really familiar with the networking stuff in Android. Yet. I really need to dig in and get the network routing working for MMS, so I am going to learn soon whether I want to or not.... ;)

I use GOSMS and it seemed to be working fine on alpha6, and I'm going to check out alpha7 right now. What kind of mms problems are people experiencing?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

This is a great ROM, thanks guys!!
I played with it for about 24 hours and the only issues I had was with mms and the camera preview not working. Once those issues get tackled, this will be my main ROM.
PS- I used cpu spy and saw that this ROM does not go to "deep sleep" at all.

Yeah that's been mentioned. But thanks for reminding me, I'll update the OP so I don't forget.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I would also be interested

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

The kernel sources are up on my github for ROM builders to use.

But note I've still got more changes to make. IPv6 netfilter is currently not available because of some missing header file(s), and NetworkStats apparently wants to use it.

Reactions: LeoLawliet

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

i left backside for it (tear) untill jerry gets BACKics or whatever the name may be its stable enough but i wish audio routing worked to like grooveIP

What audio routing issues are you having? I'd like to know so I can warn people in the OP. But honestly MMS and camera are much higher priorities right now.

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I did a bit of testing. mke2fs and tune2fs are implemented by busybox and they don't support the options you have in your script. But in your screen cap, they seem to run without complaining. Did you get your mke2fs and tune2fs binaries from somewhere else, are they perhaps packaged with this script?

As for the illegal instruction, if these binaries are from somewhere else, my guess is they are compiled for armv7.

they ran fine on backside out of the box. the script itself i just threw together so i wouldn't have to type in the commands everytime i install a rom.

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

they ran fine on backside out of the box. the script itself i just threw together so i wouldn't have to type in the commands everytime i install a rom.

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk

Weird... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy