tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: Jsadik

locogod

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

its quite fun gets boring after the second month but quite okay and challenges your brain to find the best solutions:cool:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I'll never understand why anyone enjoys that game

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk

Well I don't play it really. But its kinda the gold standard for basic gaming functionality.

My 6yo loves it. He finished it all three of them, bouncy mouse, and is now on hamster attack.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Well I don't play it really. But its kinda the gold standard for basic gaming functionality.

My 6yo loves it. He finished it all three of them, bouncy mouse, and is now on hamster attack.

Have you got him on where's my water? Quite fun for a Disney game. Lol

Reactions: tdm

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

My sisters 6yo is a lot better than me at angry birds, and he watches TV, eats, and plays at the same time

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

It shouldn't be a data issue, because you don't need data for texts.

This is a bit of a misunderstanding. You do need data for sms, but only 1g/2g, not 3g. For mms, you do need 3g.

If you are having trouble connecting to the cell towers, sms will not work. ;)

Reactions: docliquid

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

That pertains to official CM9. We are currently not officially supported by CM, though the IHO dev group is attempting to change that (takes time and patience).

Regardless, non-official versions of CM9 (called kangs) can remove/alter that portion of the code, so it will not be an issue for us (most likely).

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
That pertains to official CM9. We are currently not officially supported by CM, though the IHO dev group is attempting to change that (takes time and patience).

Regardless, non-official versions of CM9 (called kangs) can remove/alter that portion of the code, so it will not be an issue for us (most likely).

What exactly is the benefit of being officially supported

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Much easier to file bug reports (don't even attempt to file a bug report or a non official phone, even if the bug affects officially supported phones as well).

Much easier to pull in new code changes (just try to fix merge conflicts on a 200+ page commit)

A larger dev group to call upon in times of challenging code issues (IHO is only a half dozen devs, we do what we can with our limited resources)

Note- some might say having a kang is better, since you don't have to stay in-line with CM 100%. I will work with CM to gain inclusion for the OV, but I will always create kangs that suit the OV community's needs. ;)

Arcsech

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

You guys know that the "root access off by default" thing means that you will have to do nothing more than check a box in the settings menu. Having root access disabled by default means that installing CM on their phones will be safer people who don't understand what root access does and why you should be careful with it.

I'm all for the OV having an official CM9 port/branch/whatever.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

so no worry...?

docliquid

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't generally listen to music too often, but attempted to at work last night, (graveyard shift freight team at The Home Depot definitely needs a soundtrack!) Anyway, when using either Pandora or Tunein Radio, either app had issues freezing and after closing and reopening either app they failed to load properly without rebooting the phone. Pandora in particular cited a sync error of some sort when attempting to restart it after it froze. Never encountered this on any other roms. Music already downloaded on the phone plays just swimmingly btw ;)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tdm

docliquid

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Another texting issue, sent about 7-8 messages to a friend this morning but on the last one the phone froze, hence "the last one" prompting a battery pull. All messages were sent and not still " sending " btw

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36