ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine CNA or AOKP are more stable than quattrimus because quattrimus has the ICS kernel tdm made. Didn't gannon just framework port CNA and AOKP?

Sent via the Postal Service

Incorrect. Framework ported AOKP. Built CNA from source. I'm actually building AOKP from source as we speak.
Don't worry tdm, I'm going to make a new thread for CNA and AOKP so there's no more discussion of it on this thread :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Incorrect. Framework ported AOKP. Built CNA from source. I'm actually building AOKP from source as we speak.
Don't worry tdm, I'm going to make a new thread for CNA and AOKP so there's no more discussion of it on this thread :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Eureka!! Haha I am so lost with the lack of threads for CNA and AOKP:p I should really check your blog more often gannon. Grrrrr... every time I type "gannon" it autocorrects to gammon... :p

Sent via the Postal Service

enigmasmobile

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Grabbing the ROM now... let's hope TDM left the accessibility features intact, as that's my primary reason for getting ICS in the first place. If someone already running Quattrimus could check if accessibility is intact, then I'd feel more comfortable replacing Backside on my V. Also, still trying to figure out how to use ADB to wipe all the partitions and flash Quattrimus to my V, as the recovery isn't usable by me directly (but a fully-sighted person can do it when I have one handy and willing). Thanks, guys and looking forward to this...

enigmasmobile

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Let me double check... I need to wipe system, data, cache, dalvic cache and possibly boot, or am I missing or including something I shouldn't? Just want to be sure everything's clean when I actually do this.

BGOszman

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if anyone else has had any issues with phone calls not using a headset at all. Tried to call someone and neither of us could hear the other multiple tries had the same results. Later flashed back to IHO no issues with calls. Older screen OV using alpha 7. Thank you again for the hard work.

samlin168us

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Call ok, 3g ok, wifi ok, mms half ok, camera half ok, link2sd ok, YouTube ok :)
No voice search, no text to speech .
Thanks to dev..:)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

enigmasmobile

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

First, got it installed... +1

Call worked... +1

Unfortunately, can't do anything else... would help if the basic TTS stuff had been included, as it's a must for me. Looks like I'll be forced to go back to Backside (yet the TTS problem still exists there too) -3

If I had the apk files for all the ICS accessibility features, I'd have far less of an issue. Need the TTS engine plus voice data at a minimum to make my phone usable. :(

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has had any issues with phone calls not using a headset at all. Tried to call someone and neither of us could hear the other multiple tries had the same results. Later flashed back to IHO no issues with calls. Older screen OV using alpha 7. Thank you again for the hard work.

If you are referring to Bluetooth, it has been noted by tdm and is somewhere in the que.

enigmasmobile

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

If I've heard the descriptions right, ICS doesn't use Pico anymore, but some other TTS engine (rumored to sound quite similar to the computer voice from Star Trek TNG... Is it possible to use the Android SDK with a emulator of an LG device (I've seen one mentioned in the options that may work for the APK files needed for accessibility support to be baked in, but don't quote me here), and just pull the accessibility APKs via ADB and add them into Quattrimus' next build, or make a flashable zip file that would "patch" things up? I know I'm asking a lot here, but if you did include accessibility out of the box, that would make the Optimus V that much more appealing to an Android convert like myself. I left the fruit for the droid because the platform is more open, and from my experience so far, it leaves me wanting more. A good thing, maybe?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If I've heard the descriptions right, ICS doesn't use Pico anymore, but some other TTS engine (rumored to sound quite similar to the computer voice from Star Trek TNG... Is it possible to use the Android SDK with a emulator of an LG device (I've seen one mentioned in the options that may work for the APK files needed for accessibility support to be baked in, but don't quote me here), and just pull the accessibility APKs via ADB and add them into Quattrimus' next build, or make a flashable zip file that would "patch" things up? I know I'm asking a lot here, but if you did include accessibility out of the box, that would make the Optimus V that much more appealing to an Android convert like myself. I left the fruit for the droid because the platform is more open, and from my experience so far, it leaves me wanting more. A good thing, maybe?

Same story for me, except it was around a year ago. I still use my iPod every now and then but Android is much more convenient and battery life is better from what I see, other than that it's way more fun to play around with and I pretty much just end up using the fruit as a music player only (I got really bored of iOS hacks)

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

enigmasmobile

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, and one thing the droid's got the fruit beat on is the ability to downgrade your firmware/ROM if something's borked with the latest version... That's the reason why I suddenly jumped ship and came over to Android. Making it customized is a huge selling point, too. Ok, it's late, and I hit the wrong key on my keyboard, costing me a nice long post explaining the differences in accessibility between Android and iOS, but I am tired and it's 2:30 am or so at the moment... Gonna catch some sleep, but I do promise that post, which might explain better why I deem inclusion of the accessibility features of ICS so important.

Reactions: LeoLawliet

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

The article I read said that Google was working on Siri like software, which may be TTS taken out of context. But it was reported to be called Majel(sp?) after Gene Roddenberry's wife, who did the voice of the computer on TNG.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz