ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Spent a couple hours on AOKP today. Found the problem that prevented startup. It was a bad/corrupted timezone database. Of all the stupid things in the world, who would have thought it was that, or that reading a timezone database could crash dalvik?!?!

Well, I learned a good bit about debugging dalvik native method issues, anyway.

Sooo... that means it's likely that alpha8 will be dual AOKP/CM9. And I'm no longer totally frustrated and pulling my remaining hair out trying to figure out why dalvik was crashing.

So I'm gonna go play with AOKP now and see what all the fuss is about... :D

Best news I've heard all day :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 running AOKP using Tapatalk

Reactions: glarepate

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get build 28 to boot on my kindle fire for the life of me, I wonder if that's why.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

I have a problem where sometimes the time isn't updated when I look at my lock screen. After a while it'll just jump to the right time. I'm on A7

This happens to me on any ROM. I assume it has something to do with similarities in the way we both set up and use our phones.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm I was digging around in the dexompiled framework and discovered that there are two high resolution wallpapers we don't use that are consuming almost 1 MB. Just thought I'd throw that out there. They are located in /Res/drawable-large-nodpi/default_wallpaper.jpg and /Res/drawable-xlarge-nodpi/default_wallpaper.jpg

;)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

So AOKP is having the same home button issue as the latest CM9 build on my phone and my Galaxy Player. I guess it's time to track that bug down and kill it. Other than that, AOKP seems to run as well as could be expected. Nice birthday present for me. :D

@cammy: this means I'll release two ROM files on the same day, one CM9 and one AOKP.

@pbailey212: I took zoneinfo.dat and zoneinfo.idx from cm9 to fix the issue. They get installed under /system/usr/share/zoneinfo or something like that.

@anthonycr: I have a more aggressive file remover now, it will remove a lot more of the unnecessary resources.

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Hey tdm di dyou get the phone issue worked out on AOKP? It was force closing anytime i tried to make a call or anytime i tried to recieve a call.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I really hope not to be rude or disrespectful in any way but when are the going to be released :$

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a more aggressive file remover now, it will remove a lot more of the unnecessary resources.

That's pretty sweet, there's so much that's unnecessary in there unfortunately. I don't like deleting stuff because it doesn't decompile correctly after you delete it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So AOKP is having the same home button issue as the latest CM9 build on my phone and my Galaxy Player. I guess it's time to track that bug down and kill it. Other than that, AOKP seems to run as well as could be expected. Nice birthday present for me. :D

@cammy: this means I'll release two ROM files on the same day, one CM9 and one AOKP.

@pbailey212: I took zoneinfo.dat and zoneinfo.idx from cm9 to fix the issue. They get installed under /system/usr/share/zoneinfo or something like that.

@anthonycr: I have a more aggressive file remover now, it will remove a lot more of the unnecessary resources.

Thanks I can't wait to get home and try this tonight

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy