ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmzealot

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

I think I did something wrong. Is the Android version supposed to be listed as 2.3.7? This looks and feels a lot more like Gingerbread than ICS.

My apologies for sounding like a noob...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks tdm.

Just throwing it out there but do you think there's any chance it was a bad upload. I love mediafire and all but I've had errors before when uploading music. Just a thought. :)

The md5 on the OP was updated with the link. That should catch any corrupted files.

Code:
adb shell md5sum /sdcard/quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I think I did something wrong. Is the Android version supposed to be listed as 2.3.7? This looks and feels a lot more like Gingerbread than ICS.

My apologies for sounding like a noob...

You must have flashed IHO by mistake. It should be obvious which you're running. The two are pretty radically different pretty much everywhere you look, from the boot animation on.

agrinc95

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey tdm, do you still have the file for Alpha 7? I'd like to go back to that. I can't get wi-fi to work even with full-wipe.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

The md5 on the OP was updated with the link. That should catch any corrupted files.

Code:
adb shell md5sum /sdcard/quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip

ok thanks! i'll be patient for the next release, though i'm really intrigued by your upcoming AOKP release. i tried it a couple weeks ago and it was awesome, other than the phone force closing. :)

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Wi-Fi is working just fine for me. Make sure to do a complete wipe including formatting boot and system under mounts and storage. Noticeable improvement in performance. 3G still spotty.

All in all great update. Props to you tdm!

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I used leslie's wiping zip once then flashed rom and everything works after the second reboot

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Wi-Fi is working just fine for me. Make sure to do a complete wipe including formatting boot and system under mounts and storage. Noticeable improvement in performance. 3G still spotty.

All in all great update. Props to you tdm!

Are you using WEP or WPA to connect?

I couldn't get wifi to connect at all to the google servers. It turns gray, but never turns blue and never allowed me to complete the setup. I cancelled it and rebooted a total of 8 times, checking for connectivity each time, but nothing.

I went back to IHO for the time being, but if I could get the wifi to connect, I'd be good.

Thanks.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

does Leslie's wiping also wipe boot? i don't know that it would necessarily make a difference, but before Leslie's wipe zip came out i would usually format everything individually. makes me wonder if everyone else having the major Wifi issues also used Leslie's wipe zip.

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

does Leslie's wiping also wipe boot? i don't know that it would necessarily make a difference, but before Leslie's wipe zip came out i would usually format everything individually. makes me wonder if everyone else having the major Wifi issues also used Leslie's wipe zip.

Sorry, I don't know what wipe.zip is. I formatted everything individually, twice each, and I am having major wifi issues.

Rob

palmzealot

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

You must have flashed IHO by mistake. It should be obvious which you're running. The two are pretty radically different pretty much everywhere you look, from the boot animation on.

I downloaded the file that is linked to in the original post, with yesterday's date beside it. Is that the wrong one?

The filename was quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip.

Last edited:

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Are you using WEP or WPA to connect?

I couldn't get wifi to connect at all to the google servers. It turns gray, but never turns blue and never allowed me to complete the setup. I cancelled it and rebooted a total of 8 times, checking for connectivity each time, but nothing.

I went back to IHO for the time being, but if I could get the wifi to connect, I'd be good.

Thanks.

WEP. Make sure to do a FULL wipe, including data, cache, dalvik and also under mounts and storage, boot and system. I did it twice for good measure. I wiped the sd-ext partition too but I don't think that should matter if its not implemented in the ROM at first boot.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
WEP. Make sure to do a FULL wipe, including data, cache, dalvik and also under mounts and storage, boot and system. I did it twice for good measure. I wiped the sd-ext partition too but I don't think that should matter if its not implemented in the ROM at first boot.

I think it is implemented in alpha8.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I think it is implemented in alpha8.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I meant along the lines of an app2sd or data2ext script.

*Edit*

Another thing, I made sure to turn Wi-FI off before the wipe/flash process. I don't know if that could cause an issue but I thought I would throw that out there.

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Amazon app store? Keeps telling me info is wrong? Works on the web.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I did a full wipe (boot, cache, data, system, dalvik, sd-card, and sd-ext), but it still wouldn't connect. I also tried flashing the gapps separately (I know it's already included) but to no avail.

I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure out whats going on and come up with a solution.

Maybe I'll plug in my old router configured for WEP and give that a try.

Thanks,

Rob

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I did a full wipe (boot, cache, data, system, dalvik, sd-card, and sd-ext), but it still wouldn't connect. I also tried flashing the gapps separately (I know it's already included) but to no avail.

I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure out whats going on and come up with a solution.

Maybe I'll plug in my old router configured for WEP and give that a try.

Thanks,

Rob

Uh oh. Hope you backed up everything on your sd card before you wiped it. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar