ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
ok, i want to be home from work so bad right now, lol! just read some of the AOKP updates. they now have lockscreen theming built in too. awesomesauce!

seriously folks, AOKP is the egg mcmuffin of ROMS.

shawnholbrook

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I wiped the cache and dalvik cache, then installed the alpha8 zip. All of this was done through clockwork recovery. My previous OS was TDM's alpha7. As reported earlier, YouTube force closes when I try to watch a video. However, my Wi-Fi works fine. Thanks for this Rom.

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS Dirty flashing, the algorithm!

I wiped the cache and dalvik cache, then installed the alpha8 zip. All of this was done through clockwork recovery. My previous OS was TDM's alpha7. As reported earlier, YouTube force closes when I try to watch a video. However, my Wi-Fi works fine. Thanks for this Rom.

A dirty flash worked for me. But here's what I mean by that:

I had installed a GB ROM to play with after using Alpha 7 for a while. So before I flashed 8 I did a complete wipe. Performed innumerable gyrations based on feedback from other testers, got WiFi working for a while and then it died on me while I was doing stuff at the Play Store. Never came back.

Read a post by a guy who had some luck doing a dirty flash. Don't know who, but it's here in the thread somewhere. ;)

I didn't have a backup of Alpha 7 so I did another complete wipe, flashed 7, booted it up, set up my WiFi (WPA), turned off 3G in Settings (see why down below), logged in to my existing account.

Then right away I rebooted into recovery, wiped cache and Dalvik, flashed Alpha 8 and rebooted. WiFi worked on bootup. Got a GMail notification before the UI was ready to use. :cool: Play Store is working ; I downloaded 3 apps to test it. This phone isn't activated so I can't report anything on 3G.

It's only been running a few minutes so if the networking dies on me I'll let you know but the only other thing that I saw that I haven't seen reported anywhere else is that when the phone booted up it said Android was updating 68 somethings (files, programs, features -- I forget :p )

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

i just think it's so odd that there are a couple people with no WIFI issues whatsoever. i wonder what they did differently or what is different with their phones. i would hate for tdm to chase down a bug that doesn't exist.

This is what I did:

I followed the instructions [How-To] Install a Custom Recovery, Install a Custom Kernel or ROM and change Boot Animation - Android Forums to the "T" steps 20-32. I tried both times flashing GAPPS and once with iscream kernel. No dice. WIFI won't even allow me to connect at all. I tried skipping my google account set up so I can connect to 3g, but we all know how that goes. That's how I did it. I'm flashing back to BACKSIDE now, but will try this again later. Weird thing is it allows me to connect to the network at my house, but says "signal to poor." I have full bars(wifi bars), but the color never changes saying it's fully connected. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I'm just reporting issues that might help someone figure this out.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
IMO the old Music app is better. FYI the new one is available in the market.

I semi-themed the old music app to be more ics flavored if anyone wants it (icon looks ics like, and there's no longer the green in it). I couldn't change the orange tabbing though because it takes files from the ics framework-res... which for some reason are still gb colored. Just throwin that out there for you

Edit: the biggest thing I themed in it was changing the widget to match the ics style with the flat black background. It was annoying me that the widget was gb-looking so I changed it to ics.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: brotherswing

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Seems as though the option to add a mobile data toggle isn't there, there's no dictionary and the japanese ime still managed to sneak in. I also notices that there's also a duplicate gallery on this as well.

Running AOKP.

Reactions: tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae