ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

devriesj

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
What I know so far from testing.

Before install I always wipe and format everything (but SD CARD).

CM9 build

alpha 8:
Wifi will connect, but have no internet. Can get to router page and browse home pc. Did not try static ip and DNS. I thank its a DNS error, but how alpha 7 just works.
No 3g at home, did not test anywhere less.

alpha 7:
Wifi will connect, internet works (very slow, but working unlike alpha 8) .
No 3g at home, did not test anywhere less.
Voice search does not work.
GPS not working. tried with Google maps.

AOKP build
No test, download not working for me.

Reactions: tdm

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just finished resyncing ICSandwich, I will have her back on her in a few. I'm looking to release today if everything goes good. Had alot of stuff up my sleeves and now I'm back with a wrath :D

Just out of curiosity, are you still using the syndicate apps ics launcher? I never tried your rom.because I found that launcher buggy... has it improved a lot?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
good call. unfortunately, Team Syndicate turned into quite a mess at XDA. a lot of promised updates that didn't happen and then the developer would go awol.

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried yet. But it's probably broken due to the audio stuff. So no, I doubt it.

I haven't tried Pandora, but TuneIn Radio Pro works on a dirty flash (with 8 installed over the top of 7). And the sound quality was fine through my Sennheiser ear buds. I can't say it was excellent because I am older and my hearing isn't as good as it used to be.

Also my phone is WiFi only. If there is a 3G issue around audio streaming I wouldn't have seen it on my handset. I haven't played any .flac or .mp3 files because neither the Music app nor the adb shell were able to see them after I copied them over to the sd card using the USB mass storage connection. My desktop file manager shows them when the sd card is mounted on my filesystem through USB mass storage on my Linux box. Neither of the file managers on my phone are working now (see below).

I just tried TuneIn again and it has stopped working since I used link2sd and rebooted. So have any of the other apps that I have tried that were linked. No errors from link2sd. And unlinking hasn't restored them to functionality. :(

All the linked apps are on an ext4 partition.

Ok, after a reboot the files copied into the Music directory are visible and the unlinked file manger is working. The three music files I copied, one .mp3 and two ,flac, are visible and play in the file managers audio player and the Music app as well and sound very good. Neither TuneIn nor Google Maps works as they require a working data connection and my WiFi has gone again. The icon is there and Google Maps makes it pulse, but it never turns blue.

Another reboot and the WiFi icon is blue and Google Maps is happy again and TuneIn Radio is playing classical music from WXQR in Newark. And now both the linked apps and the unlinked ones work. Forgot to check the status of the linked files between the first and second reboots. :p

HTH

P.S. Airplane mode always takes two taps to enable it. The first tap makes it flash blue but the check mark doesn't appear until a second tap is made.

Reactions: tdm

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Installed the AOKP one this morning at work, and have not gotten a data signal at all. Home on lunch now and I go to Play Store to get Titanium Backup, and I see that everything I've ever bought is not listed as purchased...

isntanything

May 18, 2011
Visit site
hi. first of all, really appreciate all the work put into this rom.

is anyone having problems with the us dictionary/auto correction when texting? every word i type is underlined in red. and the only suggestions are contact names and other weird words. i've verified all input settings.

thank you :cool:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

is anyone having problems with the us dictionary/auto correction when texting? every word i type is underlined in red. and the only suggestions are contact names and other weird words. i've verified all input settings.

I do believe the dictionary was accidentally left out.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

it goes away if you speak in japenese. it worked on a text with my wife earlier. unfortunately she had no idea what i was saying though.....probably a good thing.

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
it goes away if you speak in japenese. it worked on a text with my wife earlier. unfortunately she had no idea what i was saying though.....probably a good thing.

I was having this issue too, after finishing my ROM I noticed that the files for the English dictionary is missing for AOKP, I'm working on my own fix right now.

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Last I looked my phone was at about 70% battery. I let it sit for an hour or two while I was doing other stuff. It is too dead to reboot even with the charger attached.

It was running a dirty flash of 8 over 7. I've never had a battery drain issue on either of my Vs before so this is a bit of a shock.

Pulled the battery and was able to get it to start charging after I put it back in. Booted into recovery to do backups before anything else should happen. :-\

Nothing to back up! The only directory under system was bin and data had no subdirs at all.!!

Rebooted from recovery and the OS came up (no WiFi of course) and the battery monitor say it's at 58%. Oh, well.

Last edited:

guymanstuff

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Last I looked my phone was at about 70% battery. I let it sit for an hour or two while I was doing other stuff. It is too dead to reboot even with the charger attached.

It was running a dirty flash of 8 over 7. I've never had a battery drain issue on either of my Vs before so this is a bit of a shock.

Pulled the battery and was able to get it to start charging after I put it back in. Booted into recovery to do backups before anything else should happen. :-\

Interesting I too completed a dirty flash, my battery isn't discharging that quickly though. Did you install any apps on your phone prior to completing your flash that may be the culprit?

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried flashing ICS Reloaded on top of AOKP? i might give it a try later, but i'm a little afraid the two might conflict.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
everything in the extras work for me perfectly except all of the live wallpapers
i would like the have the phasebeam live wallpaper but i cant seem to make it work..

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting I too completed a dirty flash, my battery isn't discharging that quickly though. Did you install any apps on your phone prior to completing your flash that may be the culprit?

Turned out to be an anomaly of some sort and not a battery drain. :-[

Once I pulled the battery and restarted with the charger attached it started to charge. Since it was charging I decided to go into recovery and pull the apps I had installed into a directory on my 'puter as backups. I had to switch from connecting to the charger to my USB hub, which is powered. When I looked at the directories for /system and /data on the phone there was nothing there. Well, /system had a bin subdir, but /data was empty. So I said "screw it!" and just rebooted.

When the phone came up it was at 58% battery and everything was in place where it should have been. Looks like it was just a weird glitch of some sort. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a case of the battery having come unseated because when the battery is out and you attach power the phone says "Battery Needed". May have been partially dislodged though I guess. I didn't drop it or anything and the back was still on it. :confused:

The fact that there was no app directory in /data may have been due to installing link2sd ; the app directory is on a separate partition now and it gets mounted in the right place by a bootup script. Can't explain why the /system directory had nothing in it but the bin directory. I didn't bother to check if bin was populated since there would be no point in backing that stuff up.

So, all in all :confused:

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Speaking to thaunknownartist, will you get me a link to your rom? I'm currently using your ics themed rom. But you said you aren't using that launcher in the update to date version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy