ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving AOKP, i get alot more battery life now and i leave 3g on. When Wi-Fi isint on then 3g is on, and most of the time i have the screen off so 3g stays off except for when i need it. Good work tdm and thanks!

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving AOKP, i get alot more battery life now and i leave 3g on. When Wi-Fi isint on then 3g is on, and most of the time i have the screen off so 3g stays off except for when i need it. Good work tdm and thanks!

Has AOKP been stable for you? I heard it wasn't. Which build are you on? I want to try. :)

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The one on OP, alpha 8. Since i got it i've only had to charge once, i've had no problems with it besides camera not working but i hardly use that.

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Flashed AOKP, looks great! :D question: is there a way to put 3G up on the settings/toggles in the notification drawer? Also, the notification drawer doesn't seem to go down all the way?

EDIT: Nevermind, I had turned on the buttons and it went to those (which hadn't showed up until I rebooted)

Last edited:

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So I've been reading a few people still saying 3g isn't working or its too spotty. Here's the steps I take to get 3g working every time. Its easiest if you put a data and airplane mode toggle in the notification drawer. K so hit the data toggle so that it is lit and looks as if 3g should be on. Open the dialer app and dial "*#*#4636#*#*" without the quotes of course. This brings you to a hw testing menu. Press phone info, then scroll down and toggle radio off. Wait a few seconds and the toggle it back on. Press home key to get out. Pull down notification drawer, data toggle should still be on. Toggle airplane mode, wait a sec then toggle it off, last toggle data off, wait a sec then toggle it back on. Wait a sec and 3g should appear, the signal bars should turn blue and the little arrows in the signal bars should start blinking like crazy signaling you that 3g is working.lol I have found that with this method my 3g works perfectly fine 90% of the time. I have been using Alpha 7 since Mar 12th as my daily and I love it. I use pandora, I heart radio and lots of data heavy apps and never have problems at all. When you are done using 3g just toggle it off if you would like, when you need it again just toggle it back on like normal. Note every time you reboot you will have to repeat these steps to get it working again.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So I've been reading a few people still saying 3g isn't working or its too spotty. Here's the steps I take to get 3g working every time. Its easiest if you put a data and airplane mode toggle in the notification drawer. K so hit the data toggle so that it is lit and looks as if 3g should be on. Open the dialer app and dial "*#*#4636#*#*" without the quotes of course. This brings you to a hw testing menu. Press phone info, then scroll down and toggle radio off. Wait a few seconds and the toggle it back on. Press home key to get out. Pull down notification drawer, data toggle should still be on. Toggle airplane mode, wait a sec then toggle it off, last toggle data off, wait a sec then toggle it back on. Wait a sec and 3g should appear, the signal bars should turn blue and the little arrows in the signal bars should start blinking like crazy signaling you that 3g is working.lol I have found that with this method my 3g works perfectly fine 90% of the time. I have been using Alpha 7 since Mar 12th as my daily and I love it. I use pandora, I heart radio and lots of data heavy apps and never have problems at all. When you are done using 3g just toggle it off if you would like, when you need it again just toggle it back on like normal. Note every time you reboot you will have to repeat these steps to get it working again.

Can anyone else confirm?

CONFIRMED for working. We have a 3g fix everyone!

Last edited:

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

reflashed alpha 7 to test this and it seems to work good havent dropped 3g since i toggled the radio on and off so good lookin out on this bit of info! THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781