ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to understand that this is not even made by LG or vm. Well that's why they have big teams do it. Not just one person or three.. and its done on spare time. Give it time.. you'll have a beta.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You have to understand that this is not even made by LG or vm. Well that's why they have big teams do it. Not just one person or three.. and its done on spare time. Give it time.. you'll have a beta.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

However, even if it is sarcasm, I personally find it annoying to see these sarcastic remarks about tdm doing a terrible job and what not. Its in jest of course, I know, but it gets really old after a while:p

Last edited by a moderator:

freddys

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions..

1) What is the difference between the CM9 and AOKP builds?
2) Would it be better to get Alpha 7 rather than Alpha 8 of CM9?
3) Is there a detailed tutorial anywhere on how I can install this? It's been a while since I've done something similar with the HP Touchpad.

Thanks!

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions..

1) What is the difference between the CM9 and AOKP builds?
2) Would it be better to get Alpha 7 rather than Alpha 8 of CM9?
3) Is there a detailed tutorial anywhere on how I can install this? It's been a while since I've done something similar with the HP Touchpad.

Thanks!

AOKP is more for customizing than CM9

Alpha 7 is some what better than alpha 8

Check the stickies

Reactions: freddys

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Alpha just means that not everything is working. It's not bad really, and there are plenty of other roms to choose from.

I've got a day job, another device to make roms for, and a family to take care of. And a radio update to look at, and driving official CM7 support for IHO while blarf is busy.

Patches welcome for camera and MMS though. :D

Reactions: Ilovefarts

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I detected no sarcasm. That's what the /s tag is for. Reported that post, which I very rarely if ever do. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, TDM, did you see my post asking about LCD Density? If I answered my own question, then feel free to e-slap me and tell me to STFU, haha, but I'm not smart enough to know for sure.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I detected no sarcasm. That's what the /s tag is for. Reported that post, which I very rarely if ever do. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, TDM, did you see my post asking about LCD Density? If I answered my own question, then feel free to e-slap me and tell me to STFU, haha, but I'm not smart enough to know for sure.

Sorry never played with LCD density.

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
How about some screen shots? I like them for some reason. And wats in the extra files tdm?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry never played with LCD density.

That's unfortunate. Pretty sure from everything I've read it's a straight up CM9 bug and not anything to do with your rom specifically. Hopefully it will get ironed out in a future release.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

P.S. This was kind of funny, typing out this post the keyboard keys didn't switch back to lowercase and I got this. Made me chuckle when I noticed it.

3228b11f-b0af-2343.jpg

anthonycadams

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Having a couple of problems and I hope someone can help. When using the CM9 build I have UMS working but for some reason I keep getting a message saying "can't establish a reliable connection to the server" when I try to sync my Google account. On the other hand if I use the AOKP build I have no problem syncing my Google account with my phone but for I can't get UMS working. I get a message asking if I granted UMS root permission. Any help would be appreciated.

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Having a couple of problems and I hope someone can help. When using the CM9 build I have UMS working but for some reason I keep getting a message saying "can't establish a reliable connection to the server" when I try to sync my Google account.

This is a pretty huge thread so using the search tools may be a good idea. :-!

But the posters here tend to be pretty friendly and helpful as well.

In all likelihood the "unreliable connection" message probably means that your WiFi connection is borked. That's what it was for me. So far the best fix for that is to keep rebooting until it comes up working. 3g is flaky sometimes too, but I don't have the phone I was testing this ROM on activated. There are other fixes for 3G. You could try searching for them with the keyword "spotty".

Or someone may come along and give you real help with it. :D

On the other hand if I use the AOKP build I have no problem syncing my Google account with my phone but for I can't get UMS working. I get a message asking if I granted UMS root permission. Any help would be appreciated.

Superuser for AOKP is on page 235, message #2345.

Don't tell anyone I leaked that information though ...

Reactions: brotherswing

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
When will the next update be? :)

Not sure, largely depends on when I can find fixes or make fixes for the remaining issues. But there are a few issues that could stand to be solved in the AOKP build so maybe I'll put out an update next week anyway.

Would you look at that... your question was answered before you asked:p

Reactions: glarepate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy