ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way we can take the 3.0.X kernel and add a module compatibility layer for our drivers to work? Or possibly build them form scratch using reverse engineering?

I'm working on a 3.0.8 kernel but I've got a lot of other things going on also.

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
It works, but u have to haggle with it. I found that a lot of the settings in this ROM do work. Take the battery percentage. U have to change ur settings, then completely turn ur phone off, not reboot, for them to work

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Not everybody likes their LCD density changed, but it's very simple to do yourself and pushing that other Phone.apk is pretty easy too. I have mine at 120 right now, which is what I had it set at on IHO and it looks sweet. Also, it can cause issues with apps not showing up on the Market or showing up as incompatible, so it wouldn't be a good idea to have it set to anything other than the default in a ROM distribution.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
coming from someone who has no experience coding android...take this with a grain of salt.

we had luck on the S with data when this line was enabled in the build.prop. i dont know if it will help you guys, but its worth a shot.

Code:
#ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1

delete the # to make it look like this

Code:
ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1

I have no doubt it will do nothing, but, hey, worth a shot maybe?

Under which lines do I write this??

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Not everybody likes their LCD density changed, but it's very simple to do yourself and pushing that other Phone.apk is pretty easy too. I have mine at 120 right now, which is what I had it set at on IHO and it looks sweet. Also, it can cause issues with apps not showing up on the Market or showing up as incompatible, so it wouldn't be a good idea to have it set to anything other than the default in a ROM distribution.

I don't see the need for messing around with LCD density, I can see my screen just fine as is. Suggesting a change like that for the Rom itself is projecting your preferences on others. That would be like me suggesting that tdm use Pantera songs for the ringtones because their very loud. Just because I have trouble hearing doesn't mean someone else wants such an obnoxious ringtone.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
has anyone else tried that build.prop edit i mentioned a few pages back?

it may not fix mms, but it makes the toggle dance go away, and makes data solid and never disconnects, at least on the S.

i wanted to know if it did the same for you guys

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate this thread, it's such as mess. :-!

has anyone else tried that build.prop edit i mentioned a few pages back?

it may not fix mms, but it makes the toggle dance go away, and makes data solid and never disconnects, at least on the S.

i wanted to know if it did the same for you guys

Worked for me.

I would like to use it on Lewa rom and idroid rom!
but I don't know where / under which line to Wright this?

You don't write anything, you delete the # before the line, however, this is only to make our ICS ROM work, not Gingerbread ROMs, that line doesn't even exist in those build.prop files AFAIK, I just took a walk through comparing ICS build.prop to IHOs and don't remember seeing it in the GB one.

Reactions: Badboytoast

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Worked for me.

You don't write anything, you delete the # before the line, however, this is only to make our ICS ROM work, not Gingerbread ROMs, that line doesn't even exist in those build.prop files AFAIK, I just took a walk through comparing ICS build.prop to IHOs and don't remember seeing it in the GB one.

Awesome, I'm going to have to try this later.

Btw, what the heck is LCD density, and what does it do?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, I'm going to have to try this later.

Btw, what the heck is LCD density, and what does it do?

Basically, you can change it to make it seem like your phone has a bigger screen. So, everything is smaller, but you can fit more in terms of icons / widgets and some would say that it looks sharper and just better all around. However, it can cause issues with apps from the Market and with CM9 unless you replace the Phone.apk. Screenshots provided for comparison. The left is standard density of 160, the right is mine. My homescreen, density of 120, notice the status bar and how much smaller the bottom dock is, also, I have 5 icons on the right and room for 2 more. Also notice a huge difference in Messaging, lots more room for messages and such, but I couldn't post any sort of decent screenshot of my SMS logs, lol.

quattrimushomescreen.png
30a7591.png

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Worked for me.

Mms works for u? I did this and it only fixed spotty 3g..

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I use lcd density modder pro to change mine... had to do it for a theme to work on cm7. With the pro version ($1-2 on play store) there's a modded play store and another file u can download to fix the app not compatible issues. It's worked great for me, been using it for a few months...it worked on aokp also when i had it. I keep mine set at 140, 120 is too small for me :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cole2kb

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Mms works for u? I did this and it only fixed spotty 3g..

That's all it fixed for me too. MMS is still broken.

I use lcd density modder pro to change mine... had to do it for a theme to work on cm7. With the pro version ($1-2 on play store) there's a modded play store and another file u can download to fix the app not compatible issues. It's worked great for me, been using it for a few months...it worked on aokp also when i had it. I keep mine set at 140, 120 is too small for me :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Good to know, I've been using Chrome to download the APKs and just push them to my phone myself. Thanks for the tip.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Basically, you can change it to make it seem like your phone has a bigger screen. So, everything is smaller, but you can fit more in terms of icons / widgets and some would say that it looks sharper and just better all around. However, it can cause issues with apps from the Market and with CM9 unless you replace the Phone.apk. Screenshots provided for comparison. The left is standard density of 160, the right is mine. My homescreen, density of 120, notice the status bar and how much smaller the bottom dock is, also, I have 5 icons on the right and room for 2 more. Also notice a huge difference in Messaging, lots more room for messages and such, but I couldn't post any sort of decent screenshot of my SMS logs, lol.

Click to view quoted image
Click to view quoted image

Those are some beautiful screen shots. What folders are you using? I didn't try using folders when I had alpha8 going, but I'll have to reflash it to see if I can get it going. Wifi still is shotty eh?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Those are some beautiful screen shots. What folders are you using? I didn't try using folders when I had alpha8 going, but I'll have to reflash it to see if I can get it going. Wifi still is shotty eh?

I think Wi-Fi is hit or miss in Alpha 8, I'm running Alpha 7, it's linked on page 251.

As far as the folders, it's just whatever was default on Alpha 7. You can choose between the "stack" which is what I have it on, "grid" which is self explanatory, or "fan", which puts one icon center stage and two others smaller on each side. You can also choose a circle, square, or platform background (or none at all). Only thing that I've had trouble with is getting the folder labels to show up, but that's no biggie. Using Apex Launcher, but all these options are available in the default CM9 launcher as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma