ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to download alpha 8 i just wish 3g was fixed, any way for someone to pre install this? Im not about all that confusing stuff with build.prop and what not xD

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's really not that confusing.

Flash Alpha 7 *NOT alpha 8* of CM9.

When it's all booted, open up Play and download ES File Explorer.

Press the Menu key, go into Settings, and check 'Root Explorer' and 'Mount system as r/o writable' (or something like that).

Tap 'Favorites' and click on the little phone icon with a / under it.

Tap the 'system' folder.

Tap 'build.prop' and it will ask you what to open it in, choose ES Note Editor.

Find the line that says "#ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1"

Delete the #

Press the Menu button, tap 'Save' and reboot your phone.

Done.

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
It's really not that confusing.

Flash Alpha 7 *NOT alpha 8* of CM9.

When it's all booted, open up Play and download ES File Explorer.

Press the Menu key, go into Settings, and check 'Root Explorer' and 'Mount system as r/o writable' (or something like that).

Tap 'Favorites' and click on the little phone icon with a / under it.

Tap the 'system' folder.

Tap 'build.prop' and it will ask you what to open it in, choose ES Note Editor.

Find the line that says "#ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1"

Delete the #

Press the Menu button, tap 'Save' and reboot your phone.

Done.

I tried it on alpha 8 aokp and it worked

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Very clear, concise directions.

Btw, word wrap is a common option in text editors, typically under the view menu. It forces the text to display relative to the size of your window, as opposed to starting the next line when the enter key was pressed in the original file.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Btw, word wrap is a common option in text editors, typically under the view menu. It forces the text to display relative to the size of your window, as opposed to starting the next line when the enter key was pressed in the original file.

You tell em! Lol :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Oooh, good to know. I only stressed Alpha 7 of CM9 because that's the only one I've tried and don't have the smarts to troubleshoot other builds, let alone that one really, lol.

3G and MMS fixes work on alpha 8 too. On that topic, has anyone found a tethering app that works? I need to get on the internet with my laptop. I've tried most of the big apps and even a few obscure ones.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws ;)

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

Good too know

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
3G and MMS fixes work on alpha 8 too. On that topic, has anyone found a tethering app that works? I need to get on the internet with my laptop. I've tried most of the big apps and even a few obscure ones.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws ;)

Did you try Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there an mms fix?! Sorry im just so lost...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

It's apns-conf.xml in /system/etc. Search "Virgin Mobile" after opening the file and change mcc to 311 and mnc to 490. For some strange reason, I had that memorized

Did you try Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Yes, along with Open Garden, FoxFi, Barnacle, and most of the other big names.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you might be on a different page than me.

Lol.. i changed the apns-con.xml setting to the appropriate number then i cleared dalvik cache (wich was my desicion) and still had no mms

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol.. i changed the apns-con.xml setting to the appropriate number then i cleared dalvik cache (wich was my desicion) and still had no mms

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

You changed it on your phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.