ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by JerryScript: You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490

For anyone who wants to try: - use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone) - open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad). - search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mmc to 311 and mnc to 490. - copy it back to your phone, - clear cache in the MMS app, - reboot.

Let us know if it works for you.

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone successfully get mms working? I just thought i'd suggest it. Apparently the mms fix was working for alpha 6 but i didn't have any luck with it on alpha 7. I no longer have alpha 7 running on an activated phone so i can't test it with the new 3g fix.

heloworld

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
coming from someone who has no experience coding android...take this with a grain of salt.

we had luck on the S with data when this line was enabled in the build.prop. i dont know if it will help you guys, but its worth a shot.

Code:
#ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1

delete the # to make it look like this

Code:
ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1

I have no doubt it will do nothing, but, hey, worth a shot maybe?

im not sure how to input these lines, any help how to? im sorry im so nubish :)

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
im not sure how to input these lines, any help how to? im sorry im so nubish :)

Originally Posted by JerryScript: You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490

For anyone who wants to try: - use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone) - open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad). - search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mmc to 311 and mnc to 490. - copy it back to your phone, - clear cache in the MMS app, - reboot.

heloworld

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

will do :)

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
3G and MMS fixes work on alpha 8 too. On that topic, has anyone found a tethering app that works? I need to get on the internet with my laptop. I've tried most of the big apps and even a few obscure ones.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws ;)

easytetherpro worked for me on alpha7... havent tried 8 yet... :)

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
So Its about 6am in LA CA and I noticed that all of my messages are getting backed up some how from last night and wont get through. I cleared data and 5 min later they came in. All at the same time. Any way I can prevent thia from happening again?

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
For those who want to check out Alpha8 AOKP with the MMS fix and the 3G fix already in the Zip, you can download it here.

quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix.zip

3G came right up for me when I went through the setup and I didn't even have to connect to wifi to set up my phone.

MMS sent correctly and also received correctly. Downloading happened automatically for me after a couple seconds.

Enjoy!

Rob

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
For those who want to check out Alpha8 AOKP with the MMS fix and the 3G fix already in the Zip, you can download it here.

3G came right up for me when I went through the setup and I didn't even have to connect to wifi to set up my phone.

MMS sent correctly and also received correctly. Downloading happened automatically for me after a couple seconds.

Enjoy!

Rob

is wifi working on that? can you add the SU scripts?

Reactions: joey92

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Enjoy!

Rob

Lol thank you alot

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Status
Not open for further replies.