Not open for further replies.

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: Badboytoast

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This is my last post using this ROM. Apparently being nice and helpful by exposing XDA to this ROM warranted me a thread closure. I don't like nor do I really tolerate snobby developers who stab me in the back for being a nice guy. So farewell quattrimus, I'm going back to Harmonia until either Leslie releases an ICS version or until MIUI ICS becomes more stable. Adieu.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws ;)

Reactions: KeviiinS

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
This is my last post using this ROM. Apparently being nice and helpful by exposing XDA to this ROM warranted me a thread closure. I don't like nor do I really tolerate snobby developers who stab me in the back for being a nice guy. So farewell quattrimus, I'm going back to Harmonia until either Leslie releases an ICS version or until MIUI ICS becomes more stable. Adieu.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws ;)

Because you are not a developer like us and to xda you just stole the thread, If I was to go post it or Jerry, Leslie, Bobz, tdm, or Gannon, then it would have stood up. This all about reputation :p

Reactions: glarepate

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

Dam that sucks bro. But its just "copyright" stuff . Sorry to hear it.

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Did you ever stop to think that tdm didn't want his ROM posted on XDA? So you saying you were being "nice and helpful by exposing XDA to this ROM" isn't really a true statement. If he didn't want it there then all you did was post his material on a place he didn't want it. Also how could he "stab me in the back for being a nice guy" when you didn't even ask him in the first place to post his material? Sorry bud, but sometimes you gotta think before you leap.

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever stop to think that tdm didn't want his ROM posted on XDA? So you saying you were being "nice and helpful by exposing XDA to this ROM" isn't really a true statement. If he didn't want it there then all you did was post his material on a place he didn't want it. Also how could he "stab me in the back for being a nice guy" when you didn't even ask him in the first place to post his material? Sorry bud, but sometimes you gotta think before you leap.

I asked him a long time ago and he said he didnt know about xda in da since that he preferred ac over xda

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
For those who want to check out Alpha8 AOKP with the MMS fix and the 3G fix already in the Zip, you can download it here.

quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix.zip

3G came right up for me when I went through the setup and I didn't even have to connect to wifi to set up my phone.

MMS sent correctly and also received correctly. Downloading happened automatically for me after a couple seconds.

Enjoy!

Rob

i can also confirm that MMS works, 3G locks on first boot, and wifi works. SU does need to be flashed but hey its all good. mad props bro.:)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Because you are not a developer like us and to xda you just stole the thread, If I was to go post it or Jerry, Leslie, Bobz, tdm, or Gannon, then it would have stood up. This all about reputation :p

Reputation also comes on how you treat people via online. Some people on XDA never heard of Android Central, probably.

We learn from our mistakes.....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: drm1992

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
For those who want to check out Alpha8 AOKP with the MMS fix and the 3G fix already in the Zip, you can download it here.

quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix.zip

3G came right up for me when I went through the setup and I didn't even have to connect to wifi to set up my phone.

MMS sent correctly and also received correctly. Downloading happened automatically for me after a couple seconds.

Enjoy!

Rob

Does the dictionary work in this? Because I know that's a bug. I was jw. Btw thank you ALOT!

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Some one should try hydrkernel on miui v4 juss throwin it out there

Edit**** im sorry wrong thread.....
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

See attachment. Through the 4 messages exchanged between me and tdm, he never explicitly or even implicitly said, "Delete your thread". Hell he even looked at it and told me to notify users of the fact that he would need beta testers for the other IHO variants. And then this morning I go to check the thread and it's been closed at the request of tdmcode. I don't know how you guys look at that but to me that has "backstabber" written all over it. And not only that, now my image gets tarnished because viewers of that thread think I stole it. All I wanted to do was spread a little bit of love so that those that have never heard of Android Central/don't have an account can still be able to use this ROM and taste some of that Ice Cream Sandwich that everyone raves about. True kirurus, I did jump the gun and didn't ask him about posting it, but after drm1992 reminded me, I promptly PM'ed him here on AC. He told me and I quote, "So it's your thread and I wont post in it so that there is no confusion." I didn't want to drag this out but I feel I should be able to atleast state my case. How you look at it from here is purely how you look at it. Yes, I did use some hot words (calling him a "snobby developer"), and I will fully man-up to that fact. I said things that I may well regret, but not even politely asking me to discontinue my thread after giving me explicit permission to keep it up is by all means a snobbish, backstabbing sort of move. And I have to live with a now tarnished reputation both here and on XDA because people think I stole. Forgive a man for being excited when he has an Android version that even high-end phone owners don't have or may never have. Forgive a man for wanting to share that excitement with the other ROM-a-holics like him. Forgive a man for being grateful that he can have this for free and that he had to do basically little-to-no work to use it. Forgive that man or atleast be straight and honest to him. The nice thing about my rant is that it took up some time while my Nook was charging. I hope that none of you look upon me with any less regard than before. I am a human, I have emotions, I get excited, I enjoy sharing, I make mistakes, and at the end of the day, I always have my devices. I love Android and it's bountiful freedom over the tightwads who call themselves Apple. And a final note, I LOVE ICS!!!
Have a good day everyone, world_indo1.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had an account at xda for about three years now, and I have maybe 30 posts. They tend to think of themselves as a closed community, and they don't have a lot of patience. When I do log in over there, I just lurk. XDA isn't well-known for being a welcome wagon. If you want to participate over there, you'll need thick skin.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.