ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It has, the dude is probably just too stupid to root it and flash ics ;)

Idk about stupid, I have a lot of geeky friends... I'm in school for engineering, but all of them are too afraid to brick their phones by rooting. Hackers seem to be in the minority.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Idk about stupid, I have a lot of geeky friends... I'm in school for engineering, but all of them are too afraid to brick their phones by rooting. Hackers seem to be in the minority.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I rooted my phone the day after I bought it. The thread mentioned nothing about bricking, or what bricking was. So I rooted it (I was new to android, I didn't even know what root did!).
After rooting my phone for the fun of it, thats when someone told me I could of bricked my phone. Beginners luck? :)

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone the day after I bought it. The thread mentioned nothing about bricking, or what bricking was. So I rooted it (I was new to android, I didn't even know what root did!).
After rooting my phone for the fun of it, thats when someone told me I could of bricked my phone. Beginners luck? :)

Nah, bricking doesn't happen very often unless u really ed up in something ..
And I rooted mine with gingerbreak so I guess that was easier :)

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I rooted my v within hours of getting it (black Friday, between the midnight and 2:00 shopping sessions [my mom is crazy.. too much shopping]). But I had experience from my first android (the mytouch 3g, also rooted the day I got it). The only devices I've had difficulty rooting were the high end ones like the evo design

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my v within hours of getting it (black Friday, between the midnight and 2:00 shopping sessions [my mom is crazy.. too much shopping]). But I had experience from my first android (the mytouch 3g, also rooted the day I got it). The only devices I've had difficulty rooting were the high end ones like the evo design

I got mine on black friday too lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what time (west) will the ROM be uploaded? Just wanna know to see if I have to wake up early to download it with wifi ':/

He usually updates them around 5:00 PM west. Maybe sooner or later, I don't want to call an ETA and get shouted at by all these devs. /:

I had to get the OV replaced, I rooted the replacement within minutes. :)
My friend took an hour rooting his Nexus S, when all we OV users is press a button that says "Root Now", aren't we lucky? :)

Reactions: KeviiinS

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
He usually updates them around 5:00 PM west. Maybe sooner or later, I don't want to call an ETA and get shouted at by all these devs. /:

I had to get the OV replaced, I rooted the replacement within minutes. :)
My friend took an hour rooting his Nexus S, when all we OV users is press a button that says "Root Now", aren't we lucky? :)

Actually, gingerbreak works on nexus s now ';)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
AOSP gave me one hell of a ride. What logcat errors are you facing? I simply couldn't get CNA to boot unless the new Adreno driver files were in there.

Had the same issue with zoneinfo as aokp. What the heck is up with the zoneinfo?!? Now dalvik comes up but still the screen is blank. Lots of gralloc errors. I tried both adreno libs, no luck. It's probably something in the screen compat stuff...

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue with zoneinfo as aokp. What the heck is up with the zoneinfo?!? Now dalvik comes up but still the screen is blank. Lots of gralloc errors. I tried both adreno libs, no luck. It's probably something in the screen compat stuff...

I'm learning .. ^_^
Do u guys really do program Android in C and/or Java?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood