ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just so I sleep better at night:

To enable another keyboard go to settings>language and input options> select SWYPE BETA done. Right? Well my problem is when I go to say SMS or gmail and I can't figure out how to select anything other than android keyboard. Am I missing something? I long pressed the text box and usually it pops up. With this rom I'm wondering if there's another step I'm missing or somewhere else I have to click to ensure I'm using the other keyboard. After selecting Swype in the settings I listed above, I go back into that setting and it's not selected like the setting I chose isn't saving. I don't know. Does anyone have similar problems and or issues? Just curious. Thanks everyone for your hard work.

Okay got a sec to check it out.

1. settings>language and input>keyboard and input methods>swype

2. app drawer>swype installer... if its installed already, opening this should give you a screen that says congrats swype installed blah blah. three or four menu buttons. one says select swype. after you hit those two it should work and stay saved. You'll see it come up in your status bar for mms saying to configure keyboard, but that's just because it still gives you the option to change back and forth. if you wanna stay with swype, just clear it out of your notifications. No need to do anything else. Issue isn't the specific ROM, it's been the same setup on every every one i've used it with.

only issue I have found is that it doesn't seem to like being moved to external sd. It still works, but dictionary gets kinda crabby when you move it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilovefarts

Ps4601

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Turning wifi off, rebooting, and turning wifi back on worked for me.

Ok I'll try that right now. It seems simple I guess, but from what I've read in another post, wifi doesn't work because it wont retrieve the addresses on its own, so it can't properly connect.

EDIT: I tried, it didn't work at all.

Last edited:

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
So with the whole swype beta issue. The easiest way to do it is to go into the app drawer and open up the swype installer... there is a menu in there where you also have to change the keyboard type. Then I also remember settings>language and input>keyboard and input methods

How did u enable swype??

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Wolfay

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem with YouTube is hardware acceleration because the problem exists from trying to load videos via browser as well. Other than that and, trying to set up hotspot only trouble seems to be the minor problem of the gallery only showing black and force closing, and the camera preview not showing up. It's a beautiful ROM And the fact that it works so well is a real trade off for these minor issues. :)

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got another post a couple down from that. Go into the app drawer and open the swype installer. you;ll see the enable options as soon as you open in.. then settings>language and input>keyboard and input methods>swype. Should be good to go after that. Should stay saved so you don't have to keep selecting it

benkoz92

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
just tried alpha 9 cm9,3g issues appear resolved. i still get constant fc and reboots at random doing everything from changing settings,trying to apply a wallpaper via long press menu or directly in gallery,and general navigation through this build. reboots and force close issues are so frequent it makes it pretty much unuseable as they begin the moment you try to do anything outside just letting it load after boot. didn't try mms etc due to the high frequency of the freezing and reboot stuff. will try 10 next time around.

This happened to me on alpha 8. If you're over clocking try setting it lower. I'm running cm9 alpha9 now and have over clocked at 844 using setCPU. The only force close I get is trying to watch YouTube videos and opening any camera app I get a reboot. Just try lowering your max CPU.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem with YouTube is hardware acceleration because the problem exists from trying to load videos via browser as well. Other than that and, trying to set up hotspot only trouble seems to be the minor problem of the gallery only showing black and force closing, and the camera preview not showing up. It's a beautiful ROM And the fact that it works so well is a real trade off for these minor issues. :)

Alpha. It'll be fixed soon, as this is a port from The Optimus One, I believe.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Tdm, can you give us an ETA for when this rom will be fully stable, I've had enough of this alpha stuff. I'm getting really impatient and want you to fix all the problems very quickly.

ha!... i got it... ;-)

@tdm--- nice progress my good man!... :)

@gannon--- signiture vid is boss!... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey I flashed A9 CM9 and I'm just saying, I don't actually use this as a phone, meaning I don't have 3g or anything. Could someone find a reliable way to fix the wifi issue?

Yeah, someone could.

Actually, someone did.

And posted it right here.

You know why people don't use Linux? 'Cause Linux users say stuff like:

Read the thread.

Or

Read the manual.

It's been posted several times. And links to some ROMs that have the fix built-in have been posted here too. But not A9 so far.

I have an unactivated handset that I use AOKP A9 on. It doesn't need the WiFi fix. But I can't see it or connect to it with adb.

"If you sit by the river long enough the bodies of all your enemies will float by."

Sun Tzu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool