ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay got a sec to check it out.

1. settings>language and input>keyboard and input methods>swype

2. app drawer>swype installer... if its installed already, opening this should give you a screen that says congrats swype installed blah blah. three or four menu buttons. one says select swype. after you hit those two it should work and stay saved. You'll see it come up in your status bar for mms saying to configure keyboard, but that's just because it still gives you the option to change back and forth. if you wanna stay with swype, just clear it out of your notifications. No need to do anything else. Issue isn't the specific ROM, it's been the same setup on every every one i've used it with.

only issue I have found is that it doesn't seem to like being moved to external sd. It still works, but dictionary gets kinda crabby when you move it.

Thanks, I'll give it a try in a bit. I JUST found the "search this thread" option. hahahaha, now I can search.....this thread. Man, coffee isn't doing it for me

Last edited:

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Change your keyboard through settings. Also.... Remember the thing, ALPHA.

I know this and I was just making sure I was going through the right steps to correct my issue knowing full well what an alpha is. Since this is an ICS rom I thought the option was somewhere else and that it wouldn't pop up like the IHO with a long press. Sorry if you couldn't read through my A.D.D. talk. Hugs

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give it a try in a bit. I JUST found the "search this thread" option. hahahaha, now I can search.....this thread. Man, coffee isn't doing it for me

Should be Just fine. Life I said only problem I've had with it is when I move it to external. Haven't tried it with CM9, but I'm guessing same sorry add the others I used it with. Dictionary starts acting really stupid

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that when I did a search of the thread. Screwy thing is the guy you linked to says it doesn't work for him, guy after that says it does. Not sure how that is helpful since there aren't any details on what the guy who has it working did. Thanks any way.

--bornagainpenguin

Well, tdm is telling him that
Are you using any of the 2sd scripts? Those are not compatible. If you're not, I don't know what the issue could be.

And his reply is
Yeah, link2sd. Probably the problem, thanks
[edit] OK, working fine now. Re-flashed and re-installed all apps except link2sd, working fine.

So it looks like cmerlyn's not having success with it. The other guy says he's using Alpha 7. Have you tried that?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ran into a little trouble getting CNA to build because of putting the triumph in the build..
But I'll make sure to pull in the commit and test it out for you guys to see if camera preview is fixed.

Reactions: glarepate

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, tdm is telling him that

And his reply is

So it looks like cmerlyn's not having success with it. The other guy says he's using Alpha 7. Have you tried that?

Yeah, Link2sd caused me all sorts of problems on AOKP 8. Getting rid of it worked for me, apparently it is not necessary.
Other issues with the ROM convinced me that it was not something I wanted to use as a daily, so I went back to IHO for now.

I will probably try it again when the camera preview gets fixed, and it sounds like that may be soon. I can't say enough positive things about the devs and their work. They are awesome.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The other guy says he's using Alpha 7. Have you tried that?

Dang, I missed that part.

No I haven't tried Alpha 7 yet. I'll download it and see if it works for me. Meanwhile, I am going to have to sit out this rom until there is a way to move apps to compensate for the tiny space on the Optimus V.
Thanks for the help, sorry for not having read more carefully.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

No I haven't tried Alpha 7 yet. I'll download it and see if it works for me. Meanwhile, I am going to have to sit out this rom until there is a way to move apps to compensate for the tiny space on the Optimus V.

Not sure if you guys look at this as a big no no or not, but titanium has done a great job of moving everything to the external for me. Haven't had any problems with it that I've noticed so far

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Alpha 8 and later automatically uses sdext for apps and dalvik.

Reactions: glarepate

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So did anyone else have trouble with MMS from the stock messaging app in Alpha9 AOKP? I tried it and it wouldn't work, so I applied the apns-conf.xml fix to the ROM just like before and now it is working again from the stock messaging app.

If anyone else wants it, here's the ROM with the fix applied and tested working. Just flash as you would the original AOKP Alpha9 ROM and enjoy.

quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha9-MMS-Fix.zip

MD5: 7b1e8a85e3055a54c6f119e443895d3f

Rob

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So SD-EXT needs to be included when wiping before flashing? I noticed that my sd-ext partition came up in Titanium Backup for the first time ever when I flashed AOKP a9.

No need to wipe sdext. The apps are fine, they don't change at all, the apps data is still on /data. dalvik in ics is much better about cache management so no need to wipe it.

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
No need to wipe sdext. The apps are fine, they don't change at all, the apps data is still on /data. dalvik in ics is much better about cache management so no need to wipe it.

Perhaps I'm missing a thread here or something earlier in this topic... but what do I do with those apps that were put there with Link2SD if Link2SD doesn't work? I'm coming from 2.3, where I used Link2SD with the sd-ext partition, and now I'm on ICS.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
what kernel should i use with this rom? because i can't seem to get it to stay stable enough to use and im wondering if its my kernel,my phone versus others who don't seem to be having the constant fc/reboots that this and cold as ice cause for me.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
what kernel should i use with this rom? because i can't seem to get it to stay stable enough to use and im wondering if its my kernel,my phone versus others who don't seem to be having the constant fc/reboots that this and cold as ice cause for me.

Just wait it out a bit, everyone's having issues with ICS no matter what build they install.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I'm missing a thread here or something earlier in this topic... but what do I do with those apps that were put there with Link2SD if Link2SD doesn't work? I'm coming from 2.3, where I used Link2SD with the sd-ext partition, and now I'm on ICS.

Don't know as I never used any 2sd scripts. Your apps (the apk files) need to be in /sd-ext/app to work. Is that where these scripts put them?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

You can try thekraven's kernels. He's got a test kernel for download. I would be interested in the results.

Note that if the info on that xda thread is accurate, we should have a real ics kernel this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz