ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What does HydroKernal provide that the current kernal on quattrimus doesn't?

AFIK the current kernel on quattrimus is based off the old gingerkernel source which drew has added features and optimizations in the newer hydrokernel build.. Just my take on it ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, no release today. I've been working hard to get various issues sorted out but don't have enough time to finish. I'm hoping to have a release next week.

That's fine tdm. :) don't allow people to rush you. You don't rush a dev!!! (even though they rush them anyways) XD

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
More info:

mms doesn't seem to be working.

Bluetooth audio for calls is not working.

aokp browser is crashing.

aosp isn't starting the gui.

I want to get all of these fixed before release next week.

@TDM If there's anything I can do to help you implement the MMS fix, send me a message and let me know. I'm testing the CM9 A9 build to see if the fix sticks there like it did with the AOKP build.

Thanks,
Rob

Reactions: Badboytoast and tdm

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I actually I like the idea of you holding off on the update. It keeps the same known errors getting posted over and over again, plus I want you to get a whole bunch of "this rom rocks! Replies instead of "this isn't working replies" its just more gratifying

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you guys give tdm as long as he needs to get this rom stable, and fully fictional. I really think you guys need to just use thaunknowartist's rom (which is great) just long enough to get tdm some stress/worry free time to have this rom as perfect as possible! :)

Reactions: brotherswing

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm content with Gingerbread until ICS is ready. I read this thread every day to how tdm is coming along. Could we please stop repeating ourselves? Everyday I read the same things, and very little of it seems relevant. Yes I know 148 pages of posts is a lot to read, but tdm has put the facts of the matter in the OP. What works, what doesn't. Instead of constantly asking if this, that, or the other is working yet, why not have faith that he'd update the OP so we would know? Just sayin'.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually I like the idea of you holding off on the update. It keeps the same known errors getting posted over and over again, plus I want you to get a whole bunch of "this rom rocks! Replies instead of "this isn't working replies" its just more gratifying

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts. I want a10 to be a pre-beta.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
TMD!!!! Do you think it'd be possible to make Quattrimus be in C# instead of Java?? See this:
Android Ported to C# – Xamarin

And this!!!

https://github.com/xamarin/XobotOS

Oh, totally. That .net stuff is way cooler than java. And we should make it run visual basic too, because all the cool stuff runs that!

And while we're at it, let's make it run x86 programs so we can play all the latest cool games! How hard could it be, I mean it already does OpenGL so it's halfway there right?

Oh darn, I almost forgot, I don't have a box that runs Windows so I can't bootstrap .net. Maybe you can get right on that for me? :p

(I thought April Fool's was already done for this year...)

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't have much knowledge of it, so.. why is it terrible?

Inappropriate tools for the job. It would be like trying to cut down a tree with a gold fish. The code would have to be rewritten just so it would compile, and then it wouldn't run anyway. Your enthusiasm is admirable, but not necessarily helpful. Calm down. Relax. Have some dip. ;)

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech