ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
On SavagedZen the battery dies out quicker than I thought it would. I am running on performance at 864 mhz max and no crashes.

I tried other governors with different CPU settings and noticed that they didn't wanna go any higher than 806 mhz at any point. The only time it went higher was when I set performance as the governor. It's not doing so well with changing CPU frequencies constantly, for some reason it causes instability and random reboots. I have confirmed this for both AOKP and CM9.

After doing a bit of testing for both roms for a couple of days, I'd have to say that I prefer sticking with AOKP. It's pretty stable and it gets by a whole day on InteractiveX 806 mhz max and 480 mhz min without any major issues.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running quattrimus CM9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So I've done some extensive testing with all of the governors and I have come to the conclusion that ANY settings above 600 will cause the phone to reboot. The governors seem to be having a problem with with scaling the CPU speed up after scaling it down. AOKP btw.
Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

I am running AOKP a10 and I have not had one reboot. I am currently running it at 787 max and 320 min using interactiveX with the set at boot checked.

Also, when I flashed the rom, I was coming from the AOKP a9 MMS-Fix rom that I shared and I only wiped cache and dalvik.

I hope you guys get that sorted. I can only imagine how disruptive that would be.

Rob

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
If you do this, ill have your kids @-@

I haven't gotten a good recovery build from cm9 or cm7, the screen goes blank. So I am using the same recovery that I have always used as a starting point: recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.

I tossed in the IHO kernel and wireless.ko module, built a static wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd, and added the requisite services in init.rc. I fired it up and I have network access in the recovery now.

The only thing left to do is massage the config and data file locations. Hardcoding the wpa_supplicant.conf into the recovery image is obviously not going to work, and dhcpcd wants to use /data/misc/wifi which is not mounted in recovery.

So get a crib ready. :p

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Running CM9 at 480/806 with no reboots, SmartAssV2 governor. Same setup I used on IHO.
Very nice to have camera preview. I noticed the panorama feature causes f/c consistently, regardless of the camera app. That will probably get fixed with the camcorder.
System has been very stable for me, especially considering that this is alpha, and newly installed. Battery life is OK, but I expect that to improve over the next week or two.
I also noticed that Trebuchet now handles scrolling wallpaper correctly. A good improvement.
I do have one widget (BeWeather 4x2) that sometimes is unable to load. Restarting the phone sometimes clears that.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Running CM9 at 480/806 with no reboots, SmartAssV2 governor. Same setup I used on IHO.
Very nice to have camera preview. I noticed the panorama feature causes f/c consistently, regardless of the camera app. That will probably get fixed with the camcorder.
System has been very stable for me, especially considering that this is alpha, and newly installed. Battery life is OK, but I expect that to improve over the next week or two.
I also noticed that Trebuchet now handles scrolling wallpaper correctly. A good improvement.
I do have one widget (BeWeather 4x2) that sometimes is unable to load. Restarting the phone sometimes clears that.

I use BeWeather also. Had the same problem and it seemed to go away with restarts. Tried moving it from ext to internal, and haven't had the problem again so far

Reactions: cmerlyn

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So, anyone running AOKP (not sure about the others) is using Nova Launcher now. I'm enjoying it, but one thing I think it needs is an option to raise the height of the dock to make room for icon labels to be added (as something optional, of course). If you agree, and have a few seconds to spare, head here ( add an option to increase dock height and show icon labels. ) and vote up the suggestion so maybe the developer can throw it in.

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So I just decided to switch back to my OV from my iPhone 3GS and I couldn't be happier about it.

My one question is what is "AOKP". I've been out of the android dev world for a while and can't seem to find any info on it. I did Google it.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
So I just decided to switch back to my OV from my iPhone 3GS and I couldn't be happier about it.

My one question is what is "AOKP". I've been out of the android dev world for a while and can't seem to find any info on it. I did Google it.

Android Open Kang Project

mmm, ice cream sandwiches.

I'm about to go grab a few :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 running quattrimus AOKP alpha10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: joshgee

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Does the CM9 and AOKP versions of this ROM use the same kernel?

I was thinking the OV would never get a port of CM9 and.... well... here I am with the proof of my ignorance in hand. This is a beautiful ROM and seems pretty stable.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay I think "iRecovery" is shaping up nicely. I modified wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd to get their configs from alternate places and compiled static versions of dropbear and dropbearkey for ssh login.

Now I need to figure out how to install a ROM from the command line...

Reactions: brotherswing

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Now I need to figure out how to install a ROM from the command line...

Got it, sort of. The update binary must be extracted from the zip file and run to do the update. The command line options are simple: first argument is the recovery API version (2), second argument is the fd to write status (0), third argument is the zipfile. I did this manually and got a good install:

Code:
# /tmp/update-binary 2 0 /sdcard/quattrimus-vm670-aosp40-alpha10pre2.zip 
progress 0.500000 0
Fixing execute permissions for /system
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk"
wrote boot partition
progress 0.100000 0
script result was [/system]
/tmp #

The problem is that the built-in unzip is not capable of extracting files from the zip files produced by the android build. Not a huge deal for me but probably a deal breaker for your average user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12