ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I can only send/receive MMS on AOKP a10pre1, but not on CM9. I haven't tried it on AOSP.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

StingDrop

May 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife sent me an mms today and I was unable to retrieve it with either cm9 or aokp. How is it that you guys are getting it to work?

I'll be investigating that over the next couple days...

Its probly your area it works great here downloads and sends perfectly awesome rom
Tdm only problem I found is YouTube force closing
Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Two things here...

The first is I have been able to receive sms/mms through stock with cm9 10pre1... noticed this almost immediately after flashing it. I also use go sms, but I tested stock messenging successfully before installing it.

Second, if someone else reading these posts about square card reader has any input on the situation it would really be appreciated. I have it fully operational on cm9 10pre1, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for if anything to share with everyone else to get it working. Is it just one of those things where it's hit and miss on our phones?...or is there something I can look for on my phone to point out to everyone to get it working for them also?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When I saw Compeek's post about square not working, I started checking since I hadn't checked square on any alpha 10s. I did load quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 last night to check out what others were saying about ics reloaded. I did a clean wipe and flashed quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 and ics reloaded. My normal procedure is to then install titanium backup and restore several apps including square. Since bluetooth for phone still doesn't work, I did a nandroid backup of CM9 before going back to Bumblebee. Thus today I restored yesterday's quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 and square didn't work. I then did a complete wipe and installed quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha10pre1. I used titanium backup to restore square only and square still did not work. I then did a complete wipe again, installed quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha9-MMS-Fix and restored square through titanium. Square worked with no problems, I repeated the procedure installing quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix (with superuser patch) and again square worked fine. Lastly I repeated the complete wipe and installed quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1. I logged into gmail and used market to download the square app and square still didn't work. If square had worked, I was going to flash ics reloaded and test again. If it still worked, then I was going to restore square through titanium and test again.

I tried starting the square app with the reader already plugged in (which you have to do with IHO before the beginning of this year) and without being plugged in when starting with the same results. When the reader is plugged in, the icon with the hash marked disappears and no red icon is there (as in IHO ROMs). Before the card is swiped, the "Please Retry Try Quickly" popup appears every ten seconds or so. If I swipe the card then or even before it has a chance to pop up, there is no feedback from the reader. I have been using square daily since last fall, so I know what it is supposed to do. This is why I have been following quattrimus since square has been working up through alpha9.

May have missed this but did you try a titanium restore, app only, with cm9? I noticed you said you had with aokp. Wish I knew how to really investigate what the deal with my phone was to maybe point out a fix to you guys, or if there even was anything to look for. The more I thought about it, I do remember that it didn't work for me on cm9 alpha 9, and then on 10pre1 I seem to remember not being able to get it from the market, so i ended up doing an app only restore with titanium, and haven't had any problems out of it. The only things I've changed on the rom were overclocking a little, and adding in the SRS panel.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Aokp is my daily and I use the built in mms and it works. This rom is great I've only had 2 reboots in 5 days. That only happened when I changed my governor. Its stable with msm7k min 320 max 806

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm

agrinc95

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on CM9/Alpha10/Pre1. I searched and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been asked.

Does anyone frequently get "Package File is Invalid" when installing apps from the Play Store? I've been getting it on each build and avoided it on this current one, but I am getting it not and it is happening more frequently as time goes on. Is there a fix for this?

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on CM9/Alpha10/Pre1. I searched and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been asked.

Does anyone frequently get "Package File is Invalid" when installing apps from the Play Store? I've been getting it on each build and avoided it on this current one, but I am getting it not and it is happening more frequently as time goes on. Is there a fix for this?

There is currently no known fix yet but its a problem on all Roms. Just hang tight until then. If you really want an app, just restore your stock nand backup, download the app you want, backup the new app using titanium, and then restore your rom and titanium restore the app. Its a long process but it works. :)

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
There is currently no known fix yet but its a problem on all Roms. Just hang tight until then. If you really want an app, just restore your stock nand backup, download the app you want, backup the new app using titanium, and then restore your rom and titanium restore the app. Its a long process but it works. :)

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

or just find the apk online somewhere(search for the latest version on google. most apk's are online somewhere), dl it, and install. much quicker and pain free.

Status
Not open for further replies.